Am I The Only One Around Here Who....

siyxx

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

am i ....who thinks the end game will include the end of the white walkers through a reversal of the magic used to create them, not just through killing off the night king

That seems more likely. The idea of ending the WW by killing the NK sounds like old vampire tales.

AM I the only one around here who has a rather difficult time keeping the dragon's names straight. particularly when the names are so similar as well as the rider's names.

Surely not. I did like the descriptions of Braavos (even if the name isn't of the most brilliant). HOBAW is a tad morbid for my tastes.

Am ... wonders about name days? In the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches, they're the feast of the person's patron saint. Is there something analogous, in Westeros, or is it just another way of saying birthday, or what?

That's just the in-universe name for birthday, or north of the Wall it would be celebrating from the second anniversary of your birth since they don't name babies until they've survived two years.

AITOOAHW wants to know how much of what we learned from Ned about the Tower of Joy was accurate and how much was fever dream?

No, you're not alone there. And thank you for reminding me about that because that was a big thing for me when I read it (burning a book?!) but I'd forgotten it recently.

AITOOAHW likes to go around defending the possibilities (even if remote) of theories I don't agree with but stand at least a 1% chance of being true?

I guess not. I usually support both sides of theories I'm undecided about, though in the case of theories I have a strong opinion about I usually just defend my point, even if the theory suggests something interesting. 

Am I the only one around here who doesn't think Tyrion is a Targaryen and finds the evidence absolutely unconvincing? 

No, I agree with you there. It seems like a very clear red herring by the author, because most of the "Evidence" is paper thin.

It can be summarised as - Tyrion has mismatched eyes, dreams of dragons, Tywin told him "You're not my son.", ergo he is a Targ. 

AITOOAH who thinks WOW may not be out before Season 7 either?

There's actually way more to the Tyrion as a Targ bastard thing. But I agree it's still a red herring. The author wants the characters to think it's possible.

No, Joy Hill you aren't the only one who hopes that. Personally while I like them both, I don't hope for their survival anymore. Those who do survive are going to go through some really rough stuff.

AITOOAHW wants to see Gerion Lannister show up at the end and say "So, what happened while I was gone?"

no Rhae you aren't alone in that wish...sometimes the bad guys just need to be bad...

@Lady Blizzardborn...i want that quote but i want it to be Benjen who says it... ;)

am i ....who really wants someone to visit asshai to see if dragons survive there like in Bran's first visions after falling

You are not the only one. But not necessarily for dragons, perhaps just for some clue against the magical icemen. 

Am I the only one who holds out hope that some of the fan theories (like what happened to Tysha) will be revealed in text. 

yes i want those things revealed...but i don't have much hope..since there are many things that must be resolved and i think tysha will be blown off...

am i ...who wants the BWB to play an important role in the end game

Surely not. I mainly want there to *be* an end game. I don't expect BWB to play a *terribly* important role, because I expect the vital roles to be those of the 5-6 main characters; but who knows? They do have that resurrecting thing going on, a sort of analogue/contrast to the wigthts?

Am I ... who thinks any particularly evil or depraved public figures should be awarded the Ramsay Bolton prize?

Surely you think you are not alone. They are fictional after all. Though it is still good to determine what characteristics you prefer to avoid. 

Am I...that realizes that in the dwarf joust it was Penny who tried to "put up the sword" in her brother?

I have tried to cleanse my mind of all the penny nonsense as soon as I read it, so I have no idea what you are talking about, but maybe you aren't the only one, who knows. 

Am I the only one around here who thinks Lysa was a worst parent of all the bad parents in the story? 

Probably. Lysa was not a good parent, but I really don't see how she could possibly be considered the worst, with people like Craster, Randyll Tarly or Tywin Lannister there.

@Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer You're probably the only one whose mind has dwelled on this subject.

Am I the only one who was happier that Tywin died than I was that Joffrey died?

Archived