Am I The Only One Around Here Who....

siyxx

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I have no idea what you are talking about :/ such thing happened? you may or not be the only one. 

Am I the only one doesn't want Jaime and Brienne to end up together? 

No you're not. I don't really want them together either and I would prefer Jaime to stay single.

While we are talking about couples...

Am I the only one around here who doesn't ship Gendry and Arya? I would prefer them to just stay friends. 

No-no-no. I absolutely don't get the Gendry and Arya ship. Though I still prefer it to Jon/Sansa or Jon/Daenerys or Jaime/Brienne. 

Am I the only one around here who wonders if after three seasons of rowing Gendry will even turn up on the show again to be shipped with Arya? 

You are not, I totally ship them together actually... plus the actor that plays Gendry is super hot and I can't wait to see him again on screen.

Am I the only one around here that finds the magical factor on ASOIAF a little off at times? Specially on resurrection?

Maybe not, there are probably people who have problem with magic and resurrections specifically as a plot device in general. Although I'm not one of them - resurrections often bother me in fiction when sloppily done, which is often, but I have liked how GRRM has done it so far, with Beric and Cat. And I don't believe Jon's resurrection will be sloppy in the books as it was in the show.

Am I the only one who unapologetically totally ships Jaime/Brienne and SanSan, and somewhat more low key ships Arya/Gendry and Jon/Dany, and believe that these are all clearly what GRRM has set up as canon or is foreshadowing to become canon? 

Yes? I mean I don't ship any of these, and I think almost all of them are insanely sloppy and cheesy whether it was GRRM setting them up as canon or not. SanSan is the only one of these with originality or creativity, and after the initial shock I kinda bought into the SanSan theory too, however, I'm still not a huge SanSan shipper for reasons totally unrelated to both writing and characters. 

Am I the only one around here who likes Sam and Gilly (both books and show) ? 

No, I like Catlyn, although I do kind of hold "It should have been you" against her. Like most of these characters, she has her good and bad points.

(I think most of those shippings are popular-ish? But I'm generally not particularly into shipping, personally. Too expensive.)

Am I ... who was kind of annoyed that the graffiti in Meereen on the show were in English rather than Valyrian?

No. Many people were pretty upset about this. I thought it was okay, it's an English speaking show after all. Things got uncomfortable when they mixed two languages together and wrote " mhysa is a master" on the wall in season 6. Things got even more uncomfortable when Varys explained to Tyrion that 'mhysa' meant mother in Valyrian. The scene was preceded by Varys criticizing Tyrion for his poor Valyrian and followed by a red priest preaching in Valyrian. Varys is in fact stupid. 'Mhysa' does not mean mother in Valyrian, 'muña' does. Just like the red priest says (1:56) to the former slaves when talking about the mother of dragons (Muña Zaldrīzoti) in the next scene. 'Mhysa' means mother in Ghiscari, just like Missandei explicitly tells (2:13) Daenerys in S03E10 - Mhysa. This comes off as quite stupid and sleazy. But looking past the details, westerosi stonemasons are not literate, but Ghiscari slaves are, and in multiple languages? Wow. 

am I the only one around here who doesn't expect the show to follow the books, only to be consistent with itself and make sense within its own world? 

Not at all. That's exactly what anyone would expect in good storytelling, whether it is TV, film or books. I wouldn't care if the show had completely changed stuff from the books as long as it told a good story. As it happens they just don't.

AITOOAH who thought Jon's resurrection in the show was incredibly poorly handled and served as nothing more than a cheap cliffhanger?

Not at all. I was not surprised that it would be dumb.

Nope. That is basically how I try to explain my disgust about the last 2 seasons with non-book readers, but I think they think I'm just a book snob. If the recent changes and writing made a lick of sense then I wouldn't mind.(ninja'd response to RhaenysB)

Am I... who is kind of sour the show got so popular? I mean the show got me into the books, but it's just overkill by now.

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Not at all. I was not surprised that it would be dumb.

Nope. That is basically how I try to explain my disgust about the last 2 seasons with non-book readers, but I think they think I'm just a book snob. If the recent changes and writing made a lick of sense then I wouldn't mind.(ninja'd response to RhaenysB)

Am I... who is kind of sour the show got so popular? I mean the show got me into the books, but it's just overkill by now.

Not at all. I've done past sour, went through full curdle and came out flat. That show is awful within its own self. They really need to stop claiming it's based on the books.

AITOOAH who really wants to see Ghost juggle?

No, you're not I would love to see Ghost juggle. We need to get this.

Sidenote: I got into the the books after I had watched Season 1 and I don'tt like the seasons 5 and 6, because they didn't make sense internally and because logic has been thrown out of the window. I also don't like that the show has become so popular and that everyone thinks that you're crazy when you say that you don't like the show. Sorry for going off topic.

Am I the only one around here who thinks that GRRM should take as much time as he needs for finishing the books and who has no problem with waiting another two or three years for TWOW?

No. Of course I would love for the book to come out tomorrow and hope it doesn't take another 2-3 years...but it's his life. He can do what he wants and write as slow as he wants. 

Am I...started reading the books after seeing the 15 minute preview HBO showed a few weeks before the series premiere?

I certainly hope so. The dragons are great. 

#twow I personally think grrm had more than enough time to finish that book and the longer he takes to finish it the less likely I am to read it, not that a single soul other than my own cares about that. But I really don't see myself reading twow if it comes out after I've seen how the story ends in season  8. #shame-shame-shame 

Am I the only one around here who hates when actors tease how epic the next season is going to be? 

No, their attempts to hype it up are getting silly.

AITOOAH who doesn't think that the show can reveal the ending to the story and doesn't understand why people talk about the show ending as a substitute for the books? They are so different now and the show has so little to do with the books that I don't see how they could even have similar endings. Even if they are similar plot-wise, the context will no doubt be completely different.

No. Before season 6, I was a bit worried about the show spoiling the books, but now I view the show ending as something almost completely different (but it will probably spoil a few plots). I guess some people really need "closure" in any form (not that there's anything wrong with that).

AITOOAHW cares about the future of minor characters like Addam Marbrand, Lollys etc ?

Spin-offs rarely do well in my experience, so even if they do start a D&E series, it may not be well received and will be short-lived. That said, I do not care if a D&E series is done, there are plenty of TV shows I do not watch.

Am I ... who is a little concerned with the apparent fall-off in activity on the forum in the last few months (at least it appears so to me).

I guess you might be the only one.The most plausible explanation for the fall-off is because it's off season for the show and practically nothing new on the book side.

Add me to the list of people who think the show ending will be pretty different to the book ending. I'm quite sure they might go for the most predictable and crowd-pleaser ending (Jon marrying Dany and sitting the IT or some such, Tyrion as Hand, blah blah)

AITOOAH who felt that Jon, Dany and Tyrion's storylines in ADWD didn't need as many chapters as they actually had and should have been edited slightly better?

Archived