Dany's Two Wingmen (Wingwomen)

Damsel in Distress

I expect Viserion and Rhaegal do not need riders.  They can follow Drogon since he is the Alpha.  Dany rides Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal follow along.

If you simply must have wingmen or wingpeople, I choose Greyworm and Missandei.  Greyworm shows no fear and Missandei is very good at sensing feelings.  She can read Rhaegal's emotions and use that to help her bond with him. 

1 hour ago, Steelshanks Walton said:

I expect Viserion and Rhaegal do not need riders.  They can follow Drogon since he is the Alpha.  Dany rides Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal follow along.

If you simply must have wingmen or wingpeople, I choose Greyworm and Missandei.  Greyworm shows no fear and Missandei is very good at sensing feelings.  She can read Rhaegal's emotions and use that to help her bond with him. 

This goes against everything I have read or heard on dragonlore. Dragons have riders or they tend to go wild like Cannibal or Grey Ghost.

Why would the other dragonriders be on Dany's side? A second Dance of Dragons would pit Dany against Aegon,and he'd be dragon-mounted, too, probably on Rhaegal, the most vicious of the three.

I don't understand your list of possibilities. Brown Ben Plumm would be much more likely than at least half of the entries, and Bran more likely than a couple of them.

On 8/12/2016 at 10:04 PM, Damsel in Distress said:

Which two men, or women, would make the best wingmen (wingwomen) for Queen Daenerys and her Drogon? 

1. Tyrion
  2. Barristan
  3. Jorah
  4. Aegon/Young Griff
  5. Rakharo
  6. Tumco Lho
  7. Jon Snow
  8. Wilas Tyrell
  9. Greyworm
  10. Missandei
  11. Qaithe
  12. Varys
  13. Gerys Drinkwater
  14. Archibald Yronwood
  15. Penny

Tyrion and Missandei. 

On 13/8/2016 at 5:19 AM, Steelshanks Walton said:

I expect Viserion and Rhaegal do not need riders.  They can follow Drogon since he is the Alpha.

ASOIAF isn't Jurasic Park were the Alpha leads the rest of them. There is absolutely no proof that Drogon can lead Viserion and Rhaegal and there is no such thing in the books.

Which two men, or women, would make the best wingmen (wingwomen) for Queen Daenerys and her Drogon? 

1. Tyrion
  2. Barristan
  3. Jorah
  4. Aegon/Young Griff
  5. Rakharo
  6. Tumco Lho
  7. Jon Snow
  8. Wilas Tyrell
  9. Greyworm
  10. Missandei
  11. Qaithe
  12. Varys
  13. Gerys Drinkwater
  14. Archibald Yronwood
  15. Penny

Why?  Why you chose those people?

Why would the other dragonriders be on Dany's side? A second Dance of Dragons would pit Dany against Aegon,and he'd be dragon-mounted, too, probably on Rhaegal, the most vicious of the three.

Because she is pretty and everyone will love her?

25 minutes ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Exactly. Why leave off Wayman Manderly? He's not too fat to sit a dragon, is he?

I can bet that we will never get an answer about why those special humans like Tumco Lho, Penny, Jorah and Willas were chosen. After all who can forget how many spectacular weddings were between Valyrian families and families from Basilisk Isles, the Mormonts the Drinkwaters? After all who wouldn't want a wingman like Gerris after all those compliments he has said for her? 

On 8/12/2016 at 10:04 PM, Damsel in Distress said:

1. Tyrion
  2. Barristan
  3. Jorah
  4. Aegon/Young Griff
  5. Rakharo
  6. Tumco Lho
  7. Jon Snow
  8. Wilas Tyrell
  9. Greyworm
  10. Missandei
  11. Qaithe
  12. Varys
  13. Gerys Drinkwater
  14. Archibald Yronwood
  15. Penny

Wingmen are needed if you expect to have an aerial battle.  There are no other dragons.  Daenerys will have control of all three of HER dragons.  I do not see the need for wingmen.  But if there have to be, I will pick Greyworm and Jorah because of their proven loyalty.  Barristan and Rakharo are also good choices. 

10 minutes ago, Holley 4 Barrel said:

Wingmen are needed if you expect to have an aerial battle.  There are no other dragons.  Daenerys will have control of all three of HER dragons.  I do not see the need for wingmen.  But if there have to be, I will pick Greyworm and Jorah because of their proven loyalty.  Barristan and Rakharo are also good choices. 

I agree.  Greyworm is a very good choice.  I picked Missandei but Barristan and Rakharo are also good choices.  Jorah too. 

Tum co Lho will be badass swordsman before too long.  I say keep him on the ground and let him continue his training.  He doesn't need to become a pilot in order to become useful to Dany.

6 hours ago, Holley 4 Barrel said:

Daenerys will have control of all three of HER dragons

Do you have an example of one person controling three dragons? Let me guess you don't because this is your fan fiction and not what is in the books. Just like how people like Barristan and Rakharo with no Valyrian blood with be able to tame a dragon.

Daenerys controlling all three could certainly be a possibility. We've never heard of it before, but we also never heard of someone hatching multiple eggs at once. The Targaryen children were given a single egg. I also doubt previous Targaryens/Valyrians nursed their dragons at their own breast. Dany truly is the Mother of Dragons. Hers is a unique relationship with all three.

That said, if there is other riders I'm going with Jon and Tyrion. 

9 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Daenerys controlling all three could certainly be a possibility. We've never heard of it before, but we also never heard of someone hatching multiple eggs at once. The Targaryen children were given a single egg. I also doubt previous Targaryens/Valyrians nursed their dragons at their own breast. Dany truly is the Mother of Dragons. Hers is a unique relationship with all three.

That said, if there is other riders I'm going with Jon and Tyrion. 

One dragon/one rider has always been the norm, but as you say, this situation is (apparently) unique.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:04 PM, Damsel in Distress said:

1. Tyrion
  2. Barristan
  3. Jorah
  4. Aegon/Young Griff
  5. Rakharo
  6. Tumco Lho
  7. Jon Snow
  8. Wilas Tyrell
  9. Greyworm
  10. Missandei
  11. Qaithe
  12. Varys
  13. Gerys Drinkwater
  14. Archibald Yronwood
  15. Penny

Why can't Daenerys be someone else's wingwoman?

5 hours ago, RoamingRonin said:

Tyrion and I can't even guess who else. I'd love for it to be Missandei but that would take a miracle.

She's too sweet. She comes from a peaceful land. I wouldn't want to see her roasting people from the back of a dragon. 

5 hours ago, tugela said:

Why can't Daenerys be someone else's wingwoman?

Because she is the Mother of Dragons, and rides the largest one? Why would she be someone's second? She will be the most experienced rider and longest bonded as well. 

3 hours ago, Nictarion said:

She's too sweet. She comes from a peaceful land. I wouldn't want to see her roasting people from the back of a dragon. 

This is the sort of series in which Missandei will either die horribly, or finish up as Dany's Master Torturer.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:03 PM, Nictarion said:

Because she is the Mother of Dragons, and rides the largest one? Why would she be someone's second? She will be the most experienced rider and longest bonded as well. 

She isn't bonded yet. To do that she has to blow the dragonhorn, and that has not happened. If someone else does it before her, the dragons will be theirs.

Archived