NFL 2016 Week 2: extending the mustache ride in LA

DanteGabriel

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

OMG, the amount ESPN is orgasming over Carson Wentz has only deepened my resolve that he must fail. Let's go teddy Bears. 

ETA: 2 plays in Jay Cutler died. RIP Jay Cutler. 

Unsurprisingly, Wentz looks less incredible against an actual NFL defense. 

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Jesus Christ. Bears gonna Bear. The Niners have some work cut out for them if they want that first pick.

Dude, it's like the Browns don't even exist to you. 

3 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

There are what look to be so many really bad teams this season. I know it's early, but I'm not sure how to rank them at this point. Browns, Niners, Bears, Saints, Dolphins, Bills, Skins, Titans, Colts, and Jags are all in the running at this point. That's almost a third of the league.

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

John Fox should really think about hiring Jeff Fischer's agent right about now.

Jeff Fisher needs no agent. Reaching .500 while averaging 4.5 points a game speaks for itself. 

#Make1920sFootballGreatAgain

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

I don't know...every year I want the Browns to finally bottom out and get a good QB with the number one pick, but they always manage to not suck quite enough and win into the fourth or fifth pick.  

That said, I would have been a lot more confident in the Browns winning a few games had McCown not gotten hurt.  He's at least competent enough to throw to some good receivers (Coleman, Barnidge, and Gordon returning soon) and win a couple of games.  No idea if Kessler is any good, and I think they just signed Whitehurst, who I don't know enough about to form an opinion on.

5 hours ago, briantw said:

I don't know...every year I want the Browns to finally bottom out and get a good QB with the number one pick, but they always manage to not suck quite enough and win into the fourth or fifth pick.  

That said, I would have been a lot more confident in the Browns winning a few games had McCown not gotten hurt.  He's at least competent enough to throw to some good receivers (Coleman, Barnidge, and Gordon returning soon) and win a couple of games.  No idea if Kessler is any good, and I think they just signed Whitehurst, who I don't know enough about to form an opinion on.

Your number one pick is in the safe hand of Clipboard Jesus :) 

Also you guys missed the opportunity to pick a franchise QB in this year's draft ; Carson Wentz looks like the real deal. I wrote him off when the story of his toilet escapade surfaced..... But so far he has looked pretty good.

9 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Fuck, Carson Wentz is at least decent. I hate that.

He's looked good, but if he doesn't learn to protect himself he'll end the season on IR.

9 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

There are what look to be so many really bad teams this season. I know it's early, but I'm not sure how to rank them at this point. Browns, Niners, Bears, Saints, Dolphins, Bills, Skins, Titans, Colts, and Jags are all in the running at this point. That's almost a third of the league.

It's amazing how bad the Colts have been at assembling a team around a promising young QB. They may end up wasting his career.....

9 hours ago, Triskan said:

For those that couldn't stomach finishing that game, Wentz is apparently the first QB in NFL history to win his first 2 in games in which his team had 0 turnovers.

I bet the Rams are feeling salty right now. 

Also, I think this story is a good way to start the day:

http://deadspin.com/you-found-our-tribute-to-vikings-history-1786799158

Archived