NFL 2016 Week 2: extending the mustache ride in LA

DanteGabriel

5 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Ugh. This feels like one of those Skins seasons I switch over to full time Red Zone channel watching by October. They'll effectively be eliminated if they lose to the Giants Sunday.

The opening line for the @Giants game was inexplicably only Giants -4, which sounds crazy to me.  I would expect it to be more like -7.5.  If we win that game, then we are very much still relevant in the East.  But if we lose (and I expect we will) then the season is over. 

This feels like every year after a playoff appearance (i.e.: 2006, 2013) where it all goes to shit immediately. I don't need to have every Sunday ruined by shoddy coaching and mental midget players. 

At least we still have 2008 where Jim Zorn was inexplicably effective for the first eight weeks, winning @ Dallas and @ Philly to go 6-2 before it became obvious that he was in fact a horrible coach. 

AP going down might be good for the Vikes. He's looked turrible.

Meanwhile, Brissette will start for Pats with Edelman as the only backup this week. I don't like seeing most dudes get hurt, but I desperately wanna see Belichick break out the wishbone offense with Edleman.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Meanwhile, Brissette will start for Pats with Edelman as the only backup this week. I don't like seeing most dudes get hurt, but I desperately wanna see Belichick break out the wishbone offense with Edleman.

It's a Thursday night game with JJ Watt and the Texans pass rush coming to town, so this plan to have 1.5 quarterbacks dressed will go fine, I'm sure.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

If my math is correct, you're on to your 26th starting QB in your team's 17th season.

May god have mercy on Deshaun Watson.

On the plus side, it's looking like the new front office actually knows how to draft.  Coleman looked elite yesterday.  Nassib has looked great, although he did break his hand and will probably miss a few games.  Ogbah and Kindred have looked good as well.

4 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

At least we still have 2008 where Jim Zorn was inexplicably effective for the first eight weeks, winning @ Dallas and @ Philly to go 6-2 before it became obvious that he was in fact a horrible coach. 

I don't know what you're talking about.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

31 carries for 50 yards thus far. He wouldn't be close to the first RB who was done at 31 with his workload. DeAngelo Williams killing it at 33 is the exception that proves the rule. Because of Jonathan Stewart he's never had even 275 carries in a season.

52 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You laugh, but he and Matt Flynn seem to be the consensus emergency call-ups because they were in camp last summer.

ETA: Of course, there's always Tebow...

5 hours ago, Mexal said:

Don't disagree with anything you've said. Just would have liked the shot to see if Dalton could do it. Most likely thing to happen would be he score a TD then fail the 2 pt play. That's very much a Bengals ending. Just hate that opportunity being taken away erroneously. You would too if the script was flipped.

I agree with you. Hopefully the next game is more meaningful and exciting. Long time till we next play so good luck to you guys throughout the season.

Pretty disappointed in the Raiders yesterday. They were my bandwagon pick for turnaround team this year (not an unpopular pick). I thought the week 1 shalacking their D took would be mended for week 2.  I like the addition of Nelson and thought Sean Smith could be decent.  So far it looks like it could be the Broncos division to lose.  Siemian is good enough, CJ Anderson running like a beast, and the D is the best in the league.  

10 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

We're watching Monday Night Football and I am so fucking confused. Two bald white guys bellowing random words in English?! There oughta be a law.

Isn't Gruden like semi-terrifying in HD? Like I wouldn't get within grabbing distance of that guy when he gets a certain look on his face. His close-ups especially.  

Archived