NFL: The Politics of Superb Owls or Trumping the Fail-Cons

Manhole Eunuchsbane

So, headed out to my Super Bowl Party; just want to jot a few things down.  

I think that a lot of pundits are not giving Atlanta the credit they deserve; Atlanta has speed on both sides of the ball and it has served them well the whole season.  Meanwhile, the Pats D has played very well even if some of their opponents have been cruddy.  The Pats O has actually been tested a lot and done well (with and without Gronk). 

I think the Pats will ultimately be able to score; my main concern is if the Pats D can slow down- they have no way of stopping- the Atlanta O.  The Atlanta O is insane and does a lot of thing great. I think the Pats D will be able to slow Atlanta enough times and Atlanta's D is going to have problems in stopping Edleman/Hogan/Anyone Brady passes to/the running game.  Also, Atlanta is 32nd in defending in the Red Zone.  

I envision the Pats holding off Atlanta when it matters and Atlanta slowing with some well timed 3-and-outs and field goals when they needed TDs.  Ultimately, I think Atlanta's D won't be able to do it consistently and that's the difference.  The Pats running back has at least 1 100 yard runner and Brady tops 300 and 2 TDs  sealing the game late with a 10 play 77 yard drive culminating in a FG that does not give Ryan and Atlanta enough time score twice,  

Pats 34 Atlanta 24

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Nice breakdown. I won't be surprised if the Pats manage a victory here, but I think at the very least it's going to be closer than that. I've got the Dirtybirds 34-30. I think their offense is damn near unstoppable, if they can play mistake free ball.

Falcons%20Fan%20for%20a%20day_zpssvxqggr

/Julio Jones for MVP pick...

34-30 is what I keep hearing.

But Vegas has the Pats up by 3. 

That guy bet 1 million on the Falcons yesterday. I hope his pay-out is bountiful. 

Alex Mack's injury is freaking me out (started drinking to deal).

As long as Matty Ice stays focused and Julie Jones plays like he did against the Packers then we can pull this one out.

Patriots 31 Falcons 21.

I see the youth and inexperience of the Falcons defense being that team's biggest weakness. I just don't see them being able to put pressure on Brady, taking him out of his rhythm. Plus, the Patriots are more experienced and balanced on both sides of the ball.

6 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

link?

Not sure if Fox has posted it yet. I'll take a look. (You didn't miss much in any case)

/They had a live stream of it on You Tube, but that's over with obviously. The only bit that is up is the Putin bit they previewed earlier in the week.

//Trump predicted the Pats win by 8. But he also doubled down on the 3 million illegal voters claim. "Lots of people are saying he's right" seems to be the proof he's offering for that statement.

Well Trumps for N.E. so I feel obligated to cheer for Atlanta, a team I have zero affinity for. But at least its not the team this President wants to win. So......"Go Dirty Birds, stomp the Evil Darkside, humanity is with you!!!!!!!"

Falcons 27 

The Evil Darkside 17

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

RABID NATIONALISM FTW!

/At least it was Johnny Cash. Outside of that? GAG.

Yeah, that was awful. 

I too will cheer for the Falcons purely because Trump's lovefest for the Pats. I can't even hang with that.  

Falcons 31, Pats 27

So this should be fun and I'm excited for this SB because it's a no-lose situation. If Atlanta wins, then cool because they are a nice team and they aren't the Pats. If the Pats win....bwahahaha, the world gets to see that most awkward of Lombardi Trophy presentations. I hope Robert Kraft is drunk again and drops some f-bombs on the shitheel commish. :thumbsup:

Archived