Name four characters you would bet money on surviving the series

Canon Claude

8 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

If you are going to use that quote at least use the whole thing, which shows it is a conditional clause.

I do not know what you mean as a conditional clause. Here is the whole thing:

That brought more laughter from the Lannisters, more curses from Robb. Ser Rodrik's face was beet-red with fury under the white of his whiskers. Theon kept Robb locked in an iron grip until the princes and their party were safely away.

Jon watched them leave, and Arya watched Jon. His face had grown as still as the pool at the heart of the godswood. Finally he climbed down off the window. "The show is done," he said. He bent to scratch Ghost behind the ears. The white wolf rose and rubbed against him. "You had best run back to your room, little sister. Septa Mordane will surely be lurking. The longer you hide, the sterner the penance. You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers."

Arya didn't think it was funny. "I hate needlework!" she said with passion. "It's not fair!"

Sansa, Bran, Sam and Arya. I think a lot of characters will actually live in the end but these I am the most certain about. And especially Sansa and Bran who are characters I think are important for rebuilding Westeros after the war.

On 04/05/2017 at 3:22 PM, Gaz0680 said:

I don't buy this argument, not so much the Hound, but Jon Snow could very well have been brought back to fulfill a mission and once the mission is done, so is his time in the world (similar to what happened with Gandalf - he basically died in the mines of Moria with the balrog,yet was brought back for a purpose and when that purpose was filled, his time in middle earth was over). 

I think there's very good chance it will be similar with Jon.

Possibly. Now that I think about it I don't think any of the three heads of the dragon will live past the series.

10 hours ago, Armand Gargalen said:

"You had best run back to your room, little sister. Septa Mordane will surely be lurking. The longer you hide, the sterner the penance. You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers."

The bolded part is saying that Arya needs to return home as soon as possible otherwise she runs the risk of death, not that she is destined to die.

Arya, Jon, Tyrion- Mr.martin said that he had always known their arcs/endings and the original outline specifially said that they are going to make it through the end.

And i don't know where, but basically I've read that ASOIAF is going to end with Tyrion's POV/Tyrion is going to have the last lines. so I'm positive about Tyrion surviving.

Bran-bc he is also part of the original outline's survivors+i have this weird deja vu that he won't die.

and dany- for the same reason as others. (but you said only 4 so...)

So these are the characters i would bet my money on tbh, i just feel that they are gonna make it...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

others are under question. ( Sansa-50/50, Gendry-50/50, Davos-50/50, Arianne-50/50 and etc.)

But Im 100% sure that Cercei, Jaimie, and Stannis are doomed.

On May 7, 2017 at 2:23 AM, Armand Gargalen said:

You may be right about the condition, but she is nowhere near returning home at the moment, so my money is still on she dying before the end of the books

you might want to take your money back bud. there are too many foreshadowings of her being a "queen". and the foreshadowings of her surviving outweighs the almost non-existent foreshadowings of her dying. Plus the original outline said that she is gonna live and martin had said it many times that he had always know arya's, jon's and tyrion's endings...so there is that.

3 hours ago, RevaM said:

you might want to take your money back bud. there are too many foreshadowings of her being a "queen". and the foreshadowings of her surviving outweighs the almost non-existent foreshadowings of her dying. Plus the original outline said that she is gonna live and martin had said it many times that he had always know arya's, jon's and tyrion's endings...so there is that.

Did it?  Are you sure? I thought Martin has said he has always known the ending for the Big 5: Arya, Jon. Bran, Dany, Tyrion, and Sansa...not that these 5 would live.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Did it?  Are you sure? I thought Martin has said he has always known the ending for the Big 5: Arya, Jon. Bran, Dany, Tyrion, and Sansa...not that these 5 would live.

yes they would, have you even read the original outline that was accidentally leaked online? it got deleted afterwards...anyway, before the outline thingy got leaked martin had always said that he knew jon, tyrion and arya's endings:

“Some major characters — yes, I always had plans, what Tyrion’s arc was gonna be through this, what Arya’s arc was gonna be through this, what Jon Snow’s arc is gonna be.” - GRRM

and this:

"Five central characters will make it through all three volumes, however, growing from children to adults and changing the world and themselves in the process. In a sense, my trilogy is almost a generational saga, telling the life stories of these five characters, three men and two women. The five key players are Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, and three of the children of Winterfell, Arya, Bran, and the bastard Jon Snow. All of them are introduced at some length in the chapters you have to hand."-GRRM

also, arya is grrm's wife's fave and he promised her that he won't kill arya. 

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

You need to recount.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

No, he said he has always known Tyrion, Jon and Arya's arcs, nothing about Dany or Sansa.

He also stated in the outline that there would be five central characters--Arya, Tyrion, Jon, Dany and Bran--who would make it through all three (as was then the plan) volumes.

I'd say Arya is the safest bet for surviving the series. After her, Tyrion, Jon, and let's say Bran.

4 hours ago, RevaM said:

yes they would, have you even read the original outline that was accidentally leaked online? it got deleted afterwards...anyway, before the outline thingy got leaked martin had always said that he knew jon, tyrion and arya's endings:

“Some major characters — yes, I always had plans, what Tyrion’s arc was gonna be through this, what Arya’s arc was gonna be through this, what Jon Snow’s arc is gonna be.” - GRRM

and this:

"Five central characters will make it through all three volumes, however, growing from children to adults and changing the world and themselves in the process. In a sense, my trilogy is almost a generational saga, telling the life stories of these five characters, three men and two women. The five key players are Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, and three of the children of Winterfell, Arya, Bran, and the bastard Jon Snow. All of them are introduced at some length in the chapters you have to hand."-GRRM

also, arya is grrm's wife's fave and he promised her that he won't kill arya. 

Wow, I think this is two coincidences in one day. I had been reading over in the incest thread the last few days and I remember seeing this posted there. It took me a while to find again, but I hope it helps out. I like it because it shows the author will have Daenerys come to Westeros with her dragons, which other posters don't seem to think will happen anymore.

A link to the outline if you want to read it http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-was-supposed-to-be-a-trilogy-2015-2

On May 10, 2017 at 2:01 AM, Newstar said:

No, he said he has always known Tyrion, Jon and Arya's arcs, nothing about Dany or Sansa.

He also stated in the outline that there would be five central characters--Arya, Tyrion, Jon, Dany and Bran--who would make it through all three (as was then the plan) volumes.

I'd say Arya is the safest bet for surviving the series. After her, Tyrion, Jon, and let's say Bran.

Arya and Tyrion had always been the faves of grrm (and his wife) so  I'm sure they have the protection spell casted by martin. and GRRM had always seemed so sure of their endings and since the outline was leaked we can all understand that without him saying it directly, he has already confirmed that these 2 would survive along with dany, bran, and jon. others like sansa are under question, grrm seems to consider her as one of the main casts, so i think grrm turned the big 5 into the big 6 (more like big hero 6 heh). or maybe he is planning to kill her in the very end idk, sansa's fate had always been pretty vague to me

Im only sure about Arya, Tyrion for 90-100% and Jon for like 80%. Arya & tyrion bc of the textual evidence i provided +original outline. and jon bc of the outline+there is no way is he going to DIE again.

the only reason why I'm sure about Bran and Dan is also bc of the outline. otherwise i'd give them about 60% or higher chances of survival.

15 hours ago, Sea Dragon said:

Wow, I think this is two coincidences in one day. I had been reading over in the incest thread the last few days and I remember seeing this posted there. It took me a while to find again, but I hope it helps out. I like it because it shows the author will have Daenerys come to Westeros with her dragons, which other posters don't seem to think will happen anymore.

A link to the outline if you want to read it http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-was-supposed-to-be-a-trilogy-2015-2

Dany WILL come to westeros, never doubt this. if she doesn't then it will be very anticlimactic. and i like how many things in the outline DID happen in the books but only in a different way. I mean, its logical since GRRM always said that he is a gardener when it comes to his stories. and while the skeleton of story is the same, the details have been fleshed out through out the process.

Archived