Arya vs Sansa what are your thoughts?

Prince_Snow

2 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Who is Jeyne?  Is that something from the books again?

You have to stick with what was in the show.  In the show, she was being threatened as a traitor.....the punishment is death.

And in the scene when Ned is beheaded.....Sansa is being held back as she screams, "Stop"

Yes, it's a book character who is referenced in the show, but only fleetingly.  Cersei doesn't have her removed because she is not actively in the picture.

11 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Who is Jeyne?  Is that something from the books again?

You have to stick with what was in the show.  In the show, she was being threatened as a traitor.....the punishment is death.

And in the scene when Ned is beheaded.....Sansa is being held back as she screams, "Stop"

Here is the scene from the show:  not a threat to Sansa in sight.  Everyone explicitely says they know she is innocent.  LOL. She still loves Joff and wants to be queen, Cersei tells little dove that she can be queen and marry Joff is she shows her loyalty.  Nobody threatens her with anything except not getting to marry Joff.

7 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

she believed that her father had still commited treason and she still wanted to be Queen. 

No she didn't believe her father committed treason which is why she asked them if she could talk to him which of course they shut her down.  When she was pleading for mercy with Joffrey she didn't deny the treason directly but suggested that Ned was either high on milk of the poppy when he said Joffrey was not the King or that he was lied to by either Renly or Stannis. It is quite clear she doesn't really believe it.

17 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Did you miss her visual reaction when she found out LF is there?  Sansa didn't, because she quickly and defensively said he had declared for Stark.  It's pretty clear Arya doesn't want LF around.

No I didn't miss it. She asked a question and Sansa gave her an answer. And she answered quickly because she was questioning Bran about the dagger. She was not defensive.

Arya has not talked about LF ever since. So she has not made it clear that she doesn't want him around. Maybe she should talk to her sister.

17 minutes ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

Yea sorry I added the LF bit in later but I didn't mean to add it in that spot. Your right they haven't really discussed him and it's not been made clear. LF was brought up in the godswood scene and Sansa knows Arya is not happy he is there but that was it.

I think she should talk to Sansa about her concerns and feelings properly. 

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Sansa was never under threat of death to write the letters. LMAO.  Cersei even tells her they're removing Jeyne because she's causing Sansa stress.  

I agree. She herself was never under the threat of death. Her father was. And I know, she still wanted to be queen but she also loved her father, was worried about him and wanted to help him.

And Jeyne? There is no Jeyne in the show.

I don't think I hallucinated that Sansa has a friend in Winterfell and in KL, and that there was a scene where someone asks Cersei what to do with the girl and LF says he will take care of her.

This is Jeyne.  And yeah I know she's not credited as Jeyne Poole, but that's who she is.

2 minutes ago, winter daughter said:

No I didn't miss it. She asked a question and Sansa gave her an answer. And she answered quickly because she was questioning Bran about the dagger. She was not defensive.

Arya has not talked about LF ever since. So she has not made it clear that she doesn't want him around. Maybe she should talk to her sister.

I think she should talk to Sansa about her concerns and feelings properly. 

Yep, you're right, sorry.  That loving look of welcome Arya gave him after sparring should have clued me in.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I don't think I hallucinated that Sansa has a friend in Winterfell and in KL, and that there was a scene where someone asks Cersei what to do with the girl and LF says he will take care of her.

This is Jeyne.  And yeah I know she's not credited as Jeyne Poole, but that's who she is.

Jeyne was in Winterfell, though never actually named on the show. Jeyne was not however in Kings Landing and there never a scene liked you described above with Cersei and Littlefinger.

13 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

No she didn't believe her father committed treason which is why she asked them if she could talk to him which of course they shut her down.  When she was pleading for mercy with Joffrey she didn't deny the treason directly but suggested that Ned was either high on milk of the poppy when he said Joffrey was not the King or that he was lied to by either Renly or Stannis. It is quite clear she doesn't really believe it.

she thought he committed treason, unwittingly or otherwise, she did want to save him, mercy, Night's Watch etc. Also, she was still being baited by becoming Queen too. Now that Arya is safe and well, Sansa must realize that her father lied at the Sept in order to save her, Sansa and her alone. No thoughts yet as to that. He died for her safety.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Sure but she at this point was believing that her father had committed treason somehow, either Stannis or someone had tricked him or something. She was lapping up the lies she was being told.

And that is what makes her the less Starky of the Stark children. None of her siblings would have believed for a moment that their father had committed treason. She was lapping up those lies because she did not want her Prince Charming fantasy bubble to burst. It's not that at that point there wasn't clear what kind of "prince" Joffrey was (at least, a coward and a liar), she just didn't want to see. So, she chose to believe a bunch of strangers, over her father.

12 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Jeyne was in Winterfell, though never actually named on the show. Jeyne was not however in Kings Landing and there never a scene liked you described above with Cersei and Littlefinger.

I must have imagined it, I can't find it anywhere, so I guess that is correct, she was only in the WF scenes, not at KL.

2 hours ago, Illiterati said:

So you didn't see him paying off the chambermaid?

I did. You quoted me mentioning that Arya saw him do it.

It takes way more than that for this scheming Winterfell plot-theory to be worth the payoff. 

41 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Yep, you're right, sorry.  That loving look of welcome Arya gave him after sparring should have clued me in.

Sansa did not see that loving look, did she? Arya has made her hostility clear for us, not for Sansa.

42 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

In the show Jeyne only appeared in the first episode for a few seconds. 

18 minutes ago, The Special Pug of Belfast said:

I did. You quoted me mentioning that Arya saw him do it.

It takes way more than that for this scheming Winterfell plot-theory to be worth the payoff. 

My read on it, which I fully admit takes some reading into things, is that the maid scene and the lords stirring against Jon are an indication that LF hasn't been simply cooling his heels and creeping on Sansa all this time.  He's been very actively Littlefingering.  I don't know at what point he decided to do this, but every indication to me makes it appear that he is moving against Sansa....that her usefulness to him has waned.

I also think Arya has been very actively littlefingering littlefinger, and at some point, Sansa joined the game, either because she figured out for herself what Arya is doing or because there was a conversation that remains offscreen so as not to give away the 707 surprise.

Just now, HellasLEAF said:

My thoughts?  They need to fix this and fast.  

I wanted Arya back at Winterfell so very much but now that I see what they have done with these characters I wish she was still lost somewhere in Westeros. 

She'll be back to the Arya you know and love after this finale.

13 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

She'll be back to the Arya you know and love after this finale.

13 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

My thoughts?  They need to fix this and fast.  

I wanted Arya back at Winterfell so very much but now that I see what they have done with these characters I wish she was still lost somewhere in Westeros. 

Yeah, I think they're setting up Sansa and Arya coming together and killing LF, either in the finale or next season.  I feel like the finale probably needs at least one big death and LF is the most likely candidate IMO.  

My best read on this is that either Arya is playing LF (I think this is unlikely but find it the best outcome) or that Arya is slowly learning to trust Sansa and will come around in the finale.  It's clear that Sansa at least held her own in the faces game to end last week- otherwise Arya wasn't just giving her the dagger.

On 2017-8-21 at 2:34 PM, Prince_Snow said:

I don't think D&D and all the writer's team would write a stupid....

Oh, if only I had a copper groat for every time I thought that and was proven wrong by d&d.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

she thought he committed treason, unwittingly or otherwise, she did want to save him, mercy, Night's Watch etc. Also, she was still being baited by becoming Queen too. Now that Arya is safe and well, Sansa must realize that her father lied at the Sept in order to save her, Sansa and her alone. No thoughts yet as to that. He died for her safety.

You don't think that Joffrey would have killed Ned even if Ned had not made the false confession, after Ned tried to overthrow Joffrey's kingship?  Ned forfeited his honor to save Sansa; because he would not have named himself a traitor if Sansa hadn't been threatened; but Ned did not die for her safety.  And I'm not sure why Sansa would automatically realize that Ned lied at the Sept to save her; she doesn't know what his reasons were; though she should be able to make a good guess.

Archived