Season 8 potential characters couple pairings

Dornishwoman's Husband

In the season which is now behind us, one great wish of the most number of fans came true. It's the start of the romantic relationship between the Targaryen nephew and aunt. How are the odds of starting the relationships between the next character couples in the final season which most of the fans would also like to happen:

1. Arya and Gendry - most of you probably think that Arya doesn't have a bright future, and that she's most likely to die until the end of series. Also, most of you probably think it would be dumb that Arya dies as a virgin. She and Gendry should really have a reunion and that Arya should give her virginity to him.

2. Sansa and Sandor - less likely than Arya and Gendry, but why not. Since the most of the characters will be at Winterfell, the reunion between Sansa and the Hound is inevitable. The Hound would fall for Sansa more then ever, because Sansa is now a grown woman and no longer that naive and stupid little bird like she was the last time he saw her. I imagine a scene where Sandor confesses his love to Sansa, and Sansa could give herself to him, because he's prettier than Tyrion and not alike Joffrey or Ramsay. And since there is a chance that Sansa survives the end of series, I also imagine that between her relationship with the Hound a bastard could be made.

3. Brienne and Jaime/Tormund - Now that on the show Jaime finally broke up with Cersei, we can hope that Jaime will take Brienne's virginity. Will Brienne give up to him or to Tormund remains to be seen.

No one is a definitive winner. But IMO Arya and Gendry are the most likely. If only to fulfill Robert's wish to join his son with Ned's daughter. Sansa and Sandor is also a common speculation (SanSan) among book's readers. But there is not much evidence for it. Brienne and Jaime is also much expected on the book's side. But the show seems to rather favor Brienne and Tormund.

Arya and gendry seems like a possibility. But I don't see Sansa and Sandor getting together. If anything, the show might reunite sansa and Tyrion (although I dont want to see that happen). And I don't think the show is serious with Brienne and tormund. There have been multiple hints about Jaime Brienne since season 3. So if brienne is going to get romantically involved with anyone, I think it's going to be Jaime.

39 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

No one is a definitive winner.

Balerion is a Targaryen, so he needs multiple wives, and a Martell, so at least one of them should be a husband, so I'm guessing he's going to marry all three of the cats who were orphaned when Tommen and Margy died. (Or did the show simplify them all to just one cat? I can't remember.)

55 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

No one is a definitive winner. But IMO Arya and Gendry are the most likely. If only to fulfill Robert's wish to join his son with Ned's daughter. Sansa and Sandor is also a common speculation (SanSan) among book's readers. But there is not much evidence for it. Brienne and Jaime is also much expected on the book's side. But the show seems to rather favor Brienne and Tormund.

Brienne and Tormund are most likely doomed. 

agree with you, GenRya is the most likely. 

I don't see a particular need to pair up any of the characters, but I agree with the Arya/Gendry pairing.  After that I don't believe there will be any new couplings with all romance time being dedicated to Jon/Daenerys or Grey Worm/Missandei (or the Euron/Cersei non-romance marriage).  I would not be surprised if we see Tyrion befriend some no name common girl in the north and something evolve there.  I don't particularly care for Tyrion, but after so much energy was spent on his love life the first 4.5 seasons only to have it become conpletely non-existent the last 2.5 seasons has been odd.  This would be a show only invention of course.  At least Penny is in the books.

52 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Balerion is a Targaryen, so he needs multiple wives, and a Martell, so at least one of them should be a husband, so I'm guessing he's going to marry all three of the cats who were orphaned when Tommen and Margy died. (Or did the show simplify them all to just one cat? I can't remember.)

Balerion would rather eat the Lannister's cats. IIRC, Show Tommen had one cat, Ser Pounce. Joffrey was threatening to kill the cat and force Tommen to eat it. Book Maergery gave 3 kittens to Tommen, who was too young to be seduced other way. Balerion had frightened or attacked anyone Lannister, Tywin, Joffrey, Tommen. So why I believe the cat holds his mistress Rhaenys second life.

34 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Balerion would rather eat the Lannister's cats.

They're young and impressionable, and he could easily turn them all against the remaining Lannisters. "It's Tommen's cat Ser Pounce! I forgot about him! My last memory of my sweet baby boy has returned to—OH GODS HIS CLAWS ARE IN MY EYEBALLS HIS CLAWS ARE IN MY EYEBALLS QYBURN HELP!"

34 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

IIRC, Show Tommen had one cat, Ser Pounce. Joffrey was threatening to kill the cat and force Tommen to eat it.

Oh yeah, I think you're right, they did simplify all three cats, plus the fawn and the possible previous pets that Joffrey had killed, into just Ser Pounce.

Well, that's no good; Balerion needs an heir.

Sansa and Gendry. Sansa is the younger, more beautiful queen Cersei was warned about. She has also caused the deaths of Joffrey, Myrcella and Tywin by telling Olenna about Joffrey. This fits into the "takes everything you hold dear" -part. Also, half of Sansa's story happened in King's Landing and her entire story arc began as she was supposed to marry a Baratheon. That Baratheon will be Gendry in the end. The show has also made it clear that Sansa is a great ruler who the northern lords respect more than Jon. While Jon is chasing after zombies, Sansa is ruling the north. As for Gendry, his story has been all about the power of King's blood. Him rowing his way to the Iron Throne might seem like a curve ball but it has to do with the show putting such a big emphasis on the Iron Throne and GRRM ditching his original plan of a 5-year jump after book 3 where we last saw Gendry. Arya's path is darker. She's a killer, not a queen.

Jaime and Brienne. These two definitely share a bond. Will Brienne be more than plot tool to push Jaime towards a road of redemption? We shall see.

Not really a pairing but Tyrion falling for Dany and becoming her betrayal for love. In his original story GRRM had a love triangle between Jon, Arya and Tyrion. This ended in Jon marrying Arya while Tyrion was left alone and jealous. GRRM has changed a lot but what is interesting is that he has kept many plot lines but changed the characters and modified the situations they occur in. I believe this is one of these cases. Replace Arya with Dany and the last scene with the three starts to make sense. We had Jon knocking Dany's door and Tyrion looking at them with a grim look in his face. Also, Tyrion has a history of unrequited love and bitterness towards women. In the fifth book he keeps repeating "where do whores go?" in a manner of asking where he might find his one true love Tysha. And he keeps asking this on his way to Daenerys. For Tyrion, Dany will become yet another whore who breaks his heart.

There will be a wedding at Winterfell.  A traditional northern wedding before a heart tree. Sansa, as the lady of Winterfell, will officiate. Jorah will give away the bride.  Dany will be decked out in her  fancy white parka. Drogon will give the happy couple a gift of steaming fresh dragon eggs.

Everyone present at the wedding will be dead by spring.

On 9/16/2017 at 9:16 AM, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

In the season which is now behind us, one great wish of the most number of fans came true. It's the start of the romantic relationship between the Targaryen nephew and aunt. How are the odds of starting the relationships between the next character couples in the final season which most of the fans would also like to happen:

1. Arya and Gendry - most of you probably think that Arya doesn't have a bright future, and that she's most likely to die until the end of series. Also, most of you probably think it would be dumb that Arya dies as a virgin. She and Gendry should really have a reunion and that Arya should give her virginity to him.

2. Sansa and Sandor - less likely than Arya and Gendry, but why not. Since the most of the characters will be at Winterfell, the reunion between Sansa and the Hound is inevitable. The Hound would fall for Sansa more then ever, because Sansa is now a grown woman and no longer that naive and stupid little bird like she was the last time he saw her. I imagine a scene where Sandor confesses his love to Sansa, and Sansa could give herself to him, because he's prettier than Tyrion and not alike Joffrey or Ramsay. And since there is a chance that Sansa survives the end of series, I also imagine that between her relationship with the Hound a bastard could be made.

3. Brienne and Jaime/Tormund - Now that on the show Jaime finally broke up with Cersei, we can hope that Jaime will take Brienne's virginity. Will Brienne give up to him or to Tormund remains to be seen.

I don't think there will be a lot of additional romance in S8. There are already three canon couples whose plotlines are converging or which have already converged: Jon/Dany, Sam/Gilly, and Grey Worm/Missandei. Jaime and Brienne might have a shot. Arya/Gendry and Sandor/Sansa are DOA in my opinion.

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:16 PM, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

I think we will see the three of them in one way or another. I can't predict at which degree would each of these relationships blossom or which is their endgame if they survive or not but I've been thinking for a long time that they are the three romances that will finally happen in season 8. Also, the three of them have been hinted in several ways (from the most subtle to the very direct). They have been saving the best for the last in my humble opinion.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:23 PM, BalerionTheCat said:

Show has been hinted a lot at JB and, about Tormund, they said that the glaze was not meant to have that effect , but then they noticed  how the audience recated to it and played with it during this season as well. They are using him as a replacement of Ser Hyle and I think it's not a bad idea, since it will serve as a catalyst for Jaime to react about his feelings for Brienne when he arrives at Winterfell and sees that Tormund is attracted to her

On 9/18/2017 at 10:52 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I don't see a particular need to pair up any of the characters, but I agree with the Arya/Gendry pairing.  After that I don't believe there will be any new couplings with all romance time being dedicated to Jon/Daenerys or Grey Worm/Missandei (or the Euron/Cersei non-romance marriage).  I would not be surprised if we see Tyrion befriend some no name common girl in the north and something evolve there.  I don't particularly care for Tyrion, but after so much energy was spent on his love life the first 4.5 seasons only to have it become conpletely non-existent the last 2.5 seasons has been odd.  This would be a show only invention of course.  At least Penny is in the books.

I could also see a Cersei-Euron something coming up

14 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Bran - Meera - she is coming back folks, and bringing her father and their men.

Nope. Meera's gone, permanently. The leaked outline spelled that out.

What's with assuming multiple major characters are suddenly going to hook up in Season 8? Harry Potter this ain't. We already have three canon romances, and one of them is (apparently) the only one that matters: Jon/Dany. Jaime/Brienne might have a shot--although I doubt it will take the form of a capital-r Romance--but Arya/Gendry and Sandor/Sansa? LOL no.

The cast and crew have been very clear that Brienne has no interest in Tormund; the whole thing has been played for laughs. I doubt that will change anytime soon. Doesn't mean Jaime/Brienne is any more likely, of course. Tormund's crush on Brienne is little more than a joke that D&D decided to run with because the fans loved it.

Archived