NBA 2017 - 18: 76ers Make the Playoffs? Embiid They Will

Relic

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

Okay, if the Cavs throw in a package of Dwyane Wade, JR Smith, Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon and Iman Shumpert, what could they get?

A package deal for knee surgeries?

2 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Do the Cavs throw-in the bricks for free?  Or is that extra?

4 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Okay, if the Cavs throw in a package of Dwyane Wade, JR Smith, Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon and Iman Shumpert, what could they get?

Errrr,  a broken air conditioner from the 80s?

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

He's pumping the tires on his next opponent, but I am cautiously joyful at the way the Celtics have played. Especially that game they won against Charlotte when Irving got injured early.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

He's pumping the tires on his next opponent, but I am cautiously joyful at the way the Celtics have played. Especially that game they won against Charlotte when Irving got injured early.

Sure, it's pretty much SOP for Head Coaches. Still, I think he has a point. 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Errrr,  a broken air conditioner from the 80s?

That package certainly isn't worth being served rubbery eggs in bed.

32 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

They've looked great so far, and better yet, Kyrie is actually playing defense. The two things that would make me worried though is that they're relying on two young players to play key roles and the fact that the Celtics under Stevens have historically always over produced during the regular season. But regardless they should at the very least make to the Eastern Conference Finals. 

On different note, we've got a fun one tonight in MN with the Spurs coming to town. I'm considering picking up a couple of last minute tickets. 

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That package certainly isn't worth being served rubbery eggs in bed.

They've looked great so far, and better yet, Kyrie is actually playing defense. The two things that would make me worried though is that they're relying on two young players to play key roles and the fact that the Celtics under Stevens have historically always over produced during the regular season. But regardless they should at the very least make to the Eastern Conference Finals. 

More or less my take. They've also played a fairly easy schedule so far. I thought the Hayward injury dropped them to third or fourth in the East. 

But with Cleveland flagging, the conference looks wide open. It's hard to see how the Cavs' poor defense improves once IT returns. And it's not just Kyrie playing defense. They lead the league in defensive efficiency. The easy schedule bears on that somewhat, but they're still way better than they look on paper.

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

More or less my take. They've also played a fairly easy schedule so far. I thought the Hayward injury dropped them to third or fourth in the East. 

But with Cleveland flagging, the conference looks wide open. It's hard to see how the Cavs' poor defense improves once IT returns. And it's not just Kyrie playing defense. They lead the league in defensive efficiency. The easy schedule bears on that somewhat, but they're still way better than they look on paper.

Thing is, LeBron has barely even been trying on defense.  I think we can safely assume that will change come the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, briantw said:

Thing is, LeBron has barely even been trying on defense.  I think we can safely assume that will change come the playoffs.

Sure, but at this rate, LeBron's going to have to start putting in more effort well before the playoffs start.

8 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

You should be at the game.

Almost went, but I've been helping my aunt and uncle move their business this week, which has meant a lot of heavy lifting, so ultimately decided to just go grab a few beers with one of my friends rather than head to uptown to watch an NBA game.

18 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Embiid had a monster game against the Lakers. 46 pts, 15 rbs, 7 ast, 7 blks.

The process is working for the Sixers so far this season.

Truly a special night for Embiid.  

His conditioning has come into question over the past few weeks.  I, and many other Sixers fans have become frustrated when seeing him at the perimeter for the majority of games.  He's failed to utilize his tremendous footwork.  Tonight, he had that, and everything else on display.  That dream shake, and-one, right handed finish he put on Randle in the 4th, was a thing of beauty.  

Joel is a great kid, who has been through so much.  It's so easy, and so much fun rooting for him.  

P.S.  Embiid doesn't have those numbers without the performance Ben had.  He was just 1 rebound away from his 3rd triple double of the season.  The rapport being established by these two studs...and so early in the year!  It's amazing.  

Trust the process.

Embiid's numbers from last night are fucking ridiculous. That's some cheat code shit right there. When was the last time we've seen a line like that, anyone know?

46 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, 7 blocks

Archived