Outlandish Theories

Brynden Blackfyre

1 hour ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Darkstar will do something cool eventually and not get slapped around by Balon Swann.

I think that both of them are working for Blackfyres, or maybe even bloodrelated to them. There was a hint that Gerold was planning to be Commander of united armies of Blackfyres, Dothraki, Martells and other future supporters of fAegon -> "If I led a quarter of a million men to death, would they call me Gerold the Great? I shall remain Darkstar, I think. At least it is mine own." - AFFC, The Queenmaker.

250,000 warriors. Why did he mentioned this number? Probably all troops of 7K, will be as numerous as that, if they will be combined together. But if that number, is troops of all Seven Kingdoms, then against whom are they going to fight? So I think that Gerold is one of key figures in Varys' plan. Varys promised to him, that he will be Lord Commander of their armies. They were planning to get rid of JonCon, after he will serve his purpose - convince citizens of 7K, that fAegon is Rhaegar's son. Homeless Harry Strickland isn't going to lead any armies. And Blackfyres won't risk fAegon's life, because they need him to sit on Iron Throne. And lords of 7K aren't going to follow some exiled vagabond, such as one of Golden Company's captain. But someone like Gerold Dayne? -> relative of Queen Dyanna Dayne (mother of Aegon V), cousin of legendary Arthur Dayne Sword of the Morning, and most dangerous man in Dorn - it's obvious that people of 7K will follow Gerold Dayne, if he will be General or Lord Commander of armies, united under Targaryen banners, that will put on Iron Throne (fake)son of Rhaegar Targaryen.

Also this part - "I shall remain Darkstar, I think. At least it is mine own." - could be a hint that either Varys is a fake name, or Aegon Targaryen is a fake name. And Gerold wants to lead their armies under his real name.

Gerold may be bloodrelated to Varys or Illyrio (that's why they will make him General of their armies), if one of them is a descendant of Aerion Brightflame Targaryen, because Aerion's mother was Dyanna Dayne. And Balon Swann is going to be Lord Commander of fAegon's Kingsguards. That's because Balon and fAegon are bloodrelated thru fAegon's mother - septa Lemore, who is actually Jeyne Swann. Probably she's Balon's cousin or sister, thus fAegon is his nephew, or something like that.

Obviously that this all is just a theory. Though things could become interesting, if my predictions will turn out to be correct.

4 minutes ago, Megorova said:

250,000 warriors. Why did he mentioned this number?

It is a reference to Prince Garin "The Great"

Mine own outlandiah theory that I just hatched;

Jon, who is slender, is a sword ( slender as a sword) Selyse, wife of Stabbis, who is Azura hai, is Nisa Nissa Selyse the ugly queen will give the kiss of life to Jon, Prince Snow Wight, giving her own life in the process. Thus will the sword of heroes be reforged, a sword which is not metal but flesh and blood.

Stabbis may actually need to stab Selyse with Jon the Sword's flesh sword for all this to happen if a kiss doesn't suffice.

11 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

It is a reference to Prince Garin "The Great"

Thank you. Though still, why did he compared himself with Prince Garin, why did he think, that one day he will lead huge army like that? People don't say things like that, if they never thought of something like that, or if there's no possibility of something like that happening in their near future.

Also it's interesting that out of all possible war leaders, heroes, and commanders, Gerold (sort of) mentioned specifically that war and that commander. The other time when that battle was mentioned in the books, it was in Tyrion's chapter, when he was in Essos. So it seems that Gerold is somehow connected to Essos, and what's happening there. Also Garin led his fources against Targaryens. So if Dany will eventually come to Westeros, then Gerold will lead Blackfyre armies against her. That's if she won't agree to fAegon's marriage proposal.  

Though I may be totally wrong. And Gerold will be defeated and killed by Balon Swann. And Balon isn't working for Varys. And there will be no surprises there.

On 12. April 2018 at 6:54 PM, LynnS said:

My outlandish theory is that Qyburn attached Robert Baratheon's head to Gregor Clegane's body.   Hence the name Robert Strong who was also known for fathering 16 bastards.  Woe to Cersei when that chicken comes home to roost.

Oh this is gold, dear @LynnS

Imagine Cersei's face, when her savior lifts his helmet after her Trial of Combat and old king Robert is resurrected before the eyes of the Faith. She can't kill him two times, especially with Qyburn gifting the realm with an undying king, in sync with the Citadel's ratio.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Brynden Blackfyre said:

This is the 'Outlandish Theories' topic, feel free to post any theories. Make sure you do not post show spoilers and follow the sites rules. Please make no personal attacks.

Brandon + Lyanna= Jon

Ned + Lyanna =Jon

Varys is a woman

Mance is Rhaegar

Howland Reed is The High Sparrow

Bloodraven is behind every event in Westeros

Baelish is behind every event in Westeros

46 minutes ago, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

Brandon + Lyanna= Jon

Ned + Lyanna =Jon

Varys is a woman

Mance is Rhaegar

Howland Reed is The High Sparrow

Bloodraven is behind every event in Westeros

Baelish is behind every event in Westeros

This might actually be true, but exaggerated

14 minutes ago, Brynden Blackfyre said:

Why does everyone tout that Yeung Griff is fake? Its not as if it is a fact is it?

i think he's fake because Tywin is pretty thorough in destroying houses (Reynes, Tarbecks, Red Wedding) and he wanted Cersei to be queen.  He would make sure that there would not be a threat to his future grandkids throne.  Plus the story that Elia's son was killed in front of her before she was raped and killed seems solid. 

9 hours ago, Megorova said:

They were planning to get rid of JonCon, after he will serve his purpose - convince citizens of 7K, that fAegon is Rhaegar's son

Jon Con is fAegon's chosen Hand, the one man fAegon trust most in the world. So I don't see them getting rid of him anytime soon. As one of Rhaegar's close friends, they need Jon Con to support fAegon once he gets on the Throne.  Or else it will be the Golden Company and bunch of people who have never seen Rhaegar before supporting his supposed son. Also Connington has way more experience in battles and leading men then Darkstar. Darkstar is not really liked by anyone in Dorne and has never lead any armies in Westeros as far as we know. All of the rumors about him known to people are bad, not really someone who people would want to follow. He's yet to do anything that would make him qualified to lead anyone, let alone the Golden Company, who have no reason to trust him.

I can see him hiding out and trying to steal Starfall from Edric while Dorne's soldiers leave to join Faegon, Maybe even sneak into the Water Gardens and befoul the pools that the children swim in so Doran is forced to close them down.

Here is a half-baked idea, the Children of the Forest and men worked together to break the Arm of Dorne in order to separate the Westeros Weirwood from the Essos Weirwoods to diminish its power.

The history of the stormlands stretches back to the Dawn Age. Long before the coming of the First Men, all Westeros belonged to the elder races—the children of the forest and the giants (and, some say, the Others, the terrifying "white walkers" of the Long Night).
Although the giants were a shy folk, and ever hostile to man, it is written that in the beginning, the children of the forest welcomed the newcomers to Westeros, in the belief that there was land enough for all.
[snip]
Finally, driven by desperation, the little people turned to sorcery and beseeched their greenseers to stem the tide of these invaders.
And so they did, gathering in their hundreds (some say on the Isle of Faces), and calling on their old gods with song and prayer and grisly sacrifice (a thousand captive men were fed to the weirwood, one version of the tale goes, whilst another claims the children used the blood of their own young). And the old gods stirred, and giants awoke in the earth, and all of Westeros shook and trembled. Great cracks appeared in the earth, and hills and mountains collapsed and were swallowed up. And then the seas came rushing in, and the Arm of Dorne was broken and shattered by the force of the water, until only a few bare rocky islands remained above the waves. The Summer Sea joined the narrow sea, and the bridge between Essos and Westeros vanished for all time.

Or so the legend says.

Even if we accept that the old gods broke the Arm of Dorne with the Hammer of the Waters, as the legends claim, the greenseers sang their song too late.
No more wanderers crossed to Westeros after the Breaking, it is true, for the First Men were no seafarers...but so many of their forebears had already made the crossing that they outnumbered the dwindling elder races almost three to one by the time the lands were severed, and that disparity only grew in the centuries that followed,

The story given to us it that the children welcomed the First Men.  The First Men settled in and cut down some Weirwoods.  The Children freak out and go to war.  The First Men completely dominate them at warfare.  The Children have essentially lost the war, and are outnumbered 3 to 1, and their great master plan is to slaughter 1,000 human captives and/or their own little children to break the Arm of Dorne?  That is a monumentally stupid plan--the enemy is already on their land, why would they do this?  They CoTF already have a numbers problem, and they want to add to it by sacrificing a bunch of their own children?  Also, how could they possibly have captured 1,000 humans and transported them to the Isle of Faces?  Do they even have boats?

I think there must have been some other reason they broke the Arm of Dorne, my hunch is that it was done to decrease the power of the Weirwood network.  Let's speculate that they Children were lead to believe (by the all-seeing weirwood) that the First Men were nice people, who would be good neighbors.  But then they get to Westeros and immediately begin trashing the place, destroying sacred forests and whatnot, and eventually killing CoTF too.  The Children are pissed--not just at men, but at the weirwood for tricking them and causing this war.  The CoTF know how much power the weirwood has over them, and they want to do something about it.  They can't speak to the humans at first, so the bloodshed goes on a while, eventually they break the language barrier and a group of humans bring their 1,000 captives to the Isle of Faces, and the children bring their children, and everyone is sacrificed, and the Weirwood breaks the Arm of Dorne, severing the connection between the Westeros Weirwood and the Essos Weirwood.  The CoTF then make the pact with the First Men.

The line "the bridge between Essos and Westeros vanished for all time. Or so the legend says."  Really sounds like foreshadowing that the bridge did not vanish for all time, and that the weirwood link will be re-established.  I posted in another thread that white ravens need to be kept from black ravens, I think that is a hint.  And Jaqen, an Essos Weirwood avatar is last seen in a symbolic weirwood tower on the Isle of Ravens at the Citadel, in a room with a glass candle.  What if he can use the glass candle to re-establish the link between to Westeros and Essos weirwoods?

The metaphor of the magical sword that is broken into two pieces, but then gets reforged, also comes to mind.

12 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

i think he's fake because Tywin is pretty thorough in destroying houses (Reynes, Tarbecks, Red Wedding) and he wanted Cersei to be queen.  He would make sure that there would not be a threat to his future grandkids throne.  Plus the story that Elia's son was killed in front of her before she was raped and killed seems solid. 

There are numerous quotes which suggest that Aegon may still live. His head was bashed in and Kevan Lannister starts doubting I the dead boy was the real one. 

And how does it seem solid may I ask?

On 4/12/2018 at 3:42 PM, Megorova said:

1. Septa Lemore is Lady Jeyne Swann, from entry of Barristan Selmy in White Book. And she's fAegon's mother.

2. Johanna Swann, the Black Swan of Lys, was mother of Larra Rogare.

3. Serenei of Lys is Larra Rogare. And thus Shiera Seastar is a product of incest between mother and son.

4. Rhaegel will be Rhaego's dragon, and Viseryon will be Jon Snow's dragon. And both of those dragons are females. Drogon is male.

5. Drogon's egg is egg from Whitewalls, described in The Mystery Knight novel. Could be that over time dragon eggs can change their coloring. The egg at Whitewalls was red with black swirls and golden flecks, while Drogon's egg was mostly black with red. Could be that over time, black swirls spread over egg's surface, and black color became prevalent.

Maybe the Tragedy at Summerhall was caused by Blackfyres and Brackens, and they stole dragon eggs of Targaryens, including that red and black from Whitewalls. Then Varys, who is a Blackfyre, gave those eggs to Illyrio, who later gave them as a wedding gift to Dany. Blackfyres kept those eggs for several decades, but they were unable to hatch them. Because those were eggs of Targaryen dragons. So they gave them to Dany, hoping that maybe she will manage to hatch them. Though they didn't believed in that.

6. When Larra Rogare left Viserys and Westeros, she was pregnant. While she was married with Viserys, she gave birth to a son, then to a daughter, and then to a son again. So her fourth child was a girl. Later that girl married with Archon of Tyrosh, and their daughter was Rohanna of Tyrosh, that married with Daemon I Blackfyre. Thus Daemon and Rohanna were first cousins, thru their grandmother Larra Rogare. Larra was half-Swann, thus all Targaryens and Blackfyres are partially Swanns.

7. Gerold Dayne and Balon Swann are agents of Varys.

8. Robyn Arryn is son of Littlefinger.

9. Littlefinger was one of Varys' little birds. He's using mockingbird as his personal sigil, as a mockery over Varys, whom he managed to trick.

10. The Ghost of High Heart is Rohanne Webber-Lannister, Tyrion's great grandmother.

11. Illyrio's second wife, Serra of Lys was a Blackfyre, and Varys' younger sister.

12. Tattered Prince is either Rodrik Stark the Wandering Wolf, or his son.

13. Jenny of Oldstones was fifth child of Gerold Lannister and Rohanne Webber. Maybe she was kidnapped by Blackfyres, during Tragedy at Summerhall. If Rohanne is the Ghost of Hight Heart, then she's a powerful witch and prophet. And her gift is passed only thru female line. So Blackfyres and Brackens kidnapped Jenny. Probably later she married with one of Blackfyres, and thus Varys, who is a Blackfyre, is partially Lannister.

ACOK, Tyrion III: "Tyrion let the eunuch help him mount. “Lord Varys,” he said from the saddle, “sometimes I feel as though you are the best friend I have in King’s Landing, and sometimes I feel you are my worst enemy.”

“How odd. I think quite the same of you.” "

14. Pretty Meris is Wenda the White Fawn from the Kingswood Brotherhood. Ulmer from Night's Watch will recognize her, when they will meet in Westeros.

15. And my favourite crackpot theory ^_^ - Barristan Selmy is a descendant of Aenys Blackfyre, either his son, or granson. And also he is father of fAegon, whose mother is septa Lemore/Jeyne Swann.

House Swann is really important, huh?

2 hours ago, Brynden Blackfyre said:

There are numerous quotes which suggest that Aegon may still live. His head was bashed in and Kevan Lannister starts doubting I the dead boy was the real one. 

And how does it seem solid may I ask?

Aegon is either Rhaegar's son, a pisswater prince, or Daemon Blackfyre's heir. Take your pick. 

3 hours ago, Pride of Driftmark said:

House Swann is really important, huh?

They have an interesting history, and strong connection with anti-Targaryens.

Johanna Swann was member of the Triarchy, which fought against Targaryens. But it seems, that she also was a reason of the Triarchy's downfall. Sharako Lohar, Admiral of the Triarchy was killed by Johanna's admirer. And then Viserys Targaryen, that was kept by Sharako, somehow ended up in Rogare's family. So I think, that Johanna Swann, who was in the book described as 'ruler of Lys in all but name', was wife of Lysandro Rogare. And it was Lysandro, who killed Sharako, took prince Viserys from his house, and married the boy to his daughter Larra.

Also in novel The Sworn Sword, Dunk's master Eustas Osgrey bragged to him, that his family used to marry with members of important Houses, and among them noted House Swann. Those Houses, that he named, were supporters of Blackfyres. Thus House Swann also was anti-Targaryen. 

Barristan Selmy in his childhood served as squire to Manfred Swann. Then in 280-282 he saved Lady Jeyne Swann from Kingswood Brotherhood.

And then we have this Balon Swann. He was with Robert during hunting on which Robert died, but he returned to King's Landing before that accident happened. As if he knew what will happen, and thus to make for himself an alibi, went away. His father Lord Gullian during War of Five Kings behaved in the same manner, as Ambrose Butterwell during First Rebellion of Blackfyres - he sent one son to Blacks, and the other to the Reds, and pretended that he's sick (both of them did this, Gullian and Ambrose). And during Second Rebellion he was host of Tournament at Whitewalls. So it's a parallel between Ambrose and Gullian. During War of Five Kings, Swann boys fought for several Kings, but when fAegon will arrive to Westeros, they will switch to his side, because they always were secretly supporting Blackfyres.

So yes, I think that they are very important. Though my theory about them may be wrong. Maybe there's no mystery about them, to be revealed later.

Another theory:

Can you tell me the name of the knight who tried the same ploy with Vhagar during the Dance of the Dragons?”

Tyrion grinned. “Ser Byron Swann. He was roasted for his trouble … only the dragon was Syrax, not Vhagar.”

“I fear that you’re mistaken. In The Dance of the Dragons, A True Telling, Maester Munkun writes—”

“—that it was Vhagar. Grand Maester Munkun errs. Ser Byron’s squire saw his master die, and wrote his daughter of the manner of it. His account says it was Syrax, Rhaenyra’s she-dragon, which makes more sense than Munken’s version. Swann was the son of a marcher lord, and Storm’s End was for Aegon. Vhagar was ridden by Prince Aemond, Aegon’s brother. Why should Swann want to slay her?

During Dance of the Dragons House Swann and Storm's End supported Aegon II.

Swanns are the most influential House of Stormlands, after Baratheons. And Baratheons supported Aegon II.

So maybe Swanns wanted to become first most influential House in Stormlands. And thus during Dance of the Dragons, Byron Swann tried to change sides, and was intending to kill Prince Aemond. And thus he was really killed by Aemond's dragon Vhagar. And Byron's squire wrote to his daughter, that it was Syrax, only because they needed to make an alibi for them, to create evidences, that they weren't trying to betray Aegon, by killing his brother. Thus what was written in the letter was a lie. And this fragment in history of ASOIAF is another hint from GRRM about treacherous nature of Swanns, that are seems to be white, but actually at heart they are black, i.e. supporters of Blackfyres. Like Myles Toyne, the Blackheart, captain-general of Golden Company, whose personal sigil was black heart with black wings - hint to Swanns?

Archived