Lost season 4.1.b.2

Arataniello

Second...VCR? Join us in the DVR age!

Heheh, I knew someone would comment on that! For the very very rare occasions that we actually record anything, I just have the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude.

New episode tonight. I have stayed away from Spoilers because I enjoyed last season more when I did not know what was going to happen.

I did find a list of the titles of the 8 episodes and who the person that it will focus on will be (I won't say flashback since there could now be some more flash forwards)

SPOILER: upcoming episode titles and character that it focuses on

* Those said to be featured in the episodes scripted before the writers’ strike:

4.1 “The Beginning of the Endâ€: Hurley

4.2 “Confirmed Deadâ€: The “Rescuersâ€

4.3 “The Economistâ€: Sayid

4.4 “Eggtownâ€: Kate

4.5 “The Constantâ€: Desmond

4.6 “The Other Womanâ€: Juliet

4.7 “Ji Yeonâ€: SunJin

4.8 “Meet Kevin Johnsonâ€: Michael

My friend works in TV production or something like that and this is what he said (no spoilers):

... then talking with one of the most powerful guys from AXN in Latin America, he told me that he went to an ABC meeting in Los Angeles and they offered him a big discount for this season, not only because it has fewer episodes, but because it is VERY BAD. In fact ABC advised every repeater to renegotiate with their sponsors and tell them that the fourth season IS VERY BAD, so that they can't complain about it later, since the viewers' dissatisfaction and an audience drop have already been predicted by them.

When I asked what he meant by very bad, he told me that the guy from ABC didn't say much, but the rumors in Los Angeles were as follows:

Everything was going well, but when they saw that the strike would succeed and that they wouldn't have any scripts anymore, they recorded a few things and to try and save the season, they revealed some secrets and theories that everyone would want to know (stuff that would make the season worth it).

But in the edition, when they were slowly assembling the episodes, they saw that a lot of things that were explained there were either contradicting what had already been said or had no support to be explained, they still needed flash back images etc.

That is, the whole Lost theory that would be the show's triumph is going to be explained in a way that makes no sense.

He usually can be trusted. And I hope he won't kill me for posting this here. I don't think he will ever know. :devil:

If it's true, ABC guys told AXN guys who told my friend who told me... I doubt the information is really accurate, but now I won't expect too much from this season, which is a good thing. At least I won't be disappointed if this season is "VERY BAD."

I can't imagine any TV station or studio selling it's product by telling everyone it's really bad.

Yeah, that's a little puzzling to me, too.

Especially this part:

In fact ABC advised every repeater to renegotiate with their sponsors and tell them that the fourth season IS VERY BAD, so that they can't complain about it later, since the viewers' dissatisfaction and an audience drop have already been predicted by them.

Why would ABC care if the sponsors complained about it as long as they're getting paid? Not saying it's a lie, but just strikes me as strange.

Anyways, I hope that's misinformation and that the season rocks. I'm not really a huge fan of the show, more just ended up following it cuz everyone in my family watches it. But I like it well enough.

Sounds like a crock to me. A couple of people (including Ausiello, IIRC) have seen screeners of the first four episodes and went absolutely through the roof about how awesome it is. Even without the strike - which apparently had no bearing on the progress of the season anyway as Cuse and Lindelof seem to have believed that it would have been averted at the last minute - the word that's come through is that it's very fast-moving and answers a lot of questions and addresses problems even some of the actors had with the show: Holloway and the outspoken Andrews both seem to have come out saying this season is much stronger than the last couple of years.

I liked the episode, but I thought that they really didn't advance the ball very far.

But... I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. I like the mystery. I just hope that the writers have a solid plan, and that the ambiguity isn't a result of having no ideas.

I thought tonight's premeire was very watchable, and it made me excited for the rest of the season.

I do hope that the start answering more questions, however.

Interesting scene between Jack and Hurley at the end.

Archived