Fantasy Football General Discussion - 2012

RaceBannon42

Just had my first of two money drafts. This went pretty well. It's a 10 team, QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 2 W/R league so I ended up with a lot of WR depth.

QB - Vick (Big Ben)

RB - Foster, S-Jax (K. Smith, D. Brown, A. Green)

WR - J. Jones, Nelson, D. Bryant (D. Thomas, R. Meachem, B. LaFell, M. Floyd, K. Wright)

TE - Rudolph

K - Prater

DEF - Cincinnati

At the moment, I figure I'll use the Flex for D. Thomas and K. Smith but I guess that's all subject to change as the season approaches. But overall, I think this is a really strong team. Didn't want Vick but there was a big run on QBs early so I was able to get Vick in the 5th which I was happy with. Grabbed Ben a few rounds later in case Vick gets injured.

Thoughts?

That seems like a stronger team than you should be able to get, I think I'm in too many WJ deep/extended leagues.

Yea, I agree. The players in the league didn't seem to be that good. Well, that's not true, I had quite a few picks I wanted taken just before I picked but there was one or two guys who weren't all that good that probably skewed the rest. Or people just had different valuations.

hm so here's my money league team, which i kinda love, in that i almost got the starters i wanted, (hernandez went for 35, not joking) but i paid too much and didn't get much of a bench. i made one critical mistake in nomination order.

14 teams

QBCutler (Freeman)

RB McCoy, McGahee (Stewart, Spiller, Ingram)

WR Green, Marshall, Maclin (Britt)

TE Olsen

Have a lot of potential at rb. hopefully at least one becomes a trade. happy with the three receivers (a dollar short on nicks as a third though) as long as britt is on the field by the bye weeks

and i do like olsen a lot. as soon as hernandez went for what he did, i figured i would end up going this route. it's definitely the best roster in the league, although its not what i hoped for. basically someone bid cutler up on me and it cost me garcon as my fourth

I like your receivers. I'd be happy with your RB in a 14 team league. Olsen is fine as a TE. I hate Cutler though. That offensive line is so bad. I'm sure he'll put up decent numbers but in a 14 team league, I'd probably want a safer pick at QB.

Other than that, it's a good team.

yeah in retrospect, i should have gotten rivers, since i paid just as much. but last year i got stafford and cutler for 5 combined. thought i could do something similar this year, cutler/schaub wise but by the time it got down there it was too late to get anyone else. if i had managed to get roethlisberger nominated before cutler it would have likely taken out my main bidding competition. stupidly i nominated another position that round.

but the bears oline will be better without martz. he'll have a little more time. and of course he won't need as much time, because marshall and possibly alshon will get open much faster than any one else they've had for the past few years. so i think he will produce borderline top ten numbers.

but the bears oline will be better without martz. he'll have a little more time. and of course he won't need as much time, because marshall and possibly alshon will get open much faster than any one else they've had for the past few years. so i think he will produce borderline top ten numbers.

I understand that's the hope that Bears' fans have. Not sure I agree. I saw Cutler on his ass quite a bit during this preseason, enough so I avoided him in every draft.

That being said, the connection between Cutler and Marshall has the potential to yield awesome results. I think with the rest of your team, it might just be a solid gamble, that is assuming he isn't shell shocked and turns into David Carr.

In a 14 team draft someone is going to have to take the 10-14 type guys, but I think that same team needs another of the 15-20 guys and I don't see that here.

If this team is going to meltdown, it can only be at QB I would be checking out Romo or Stafford's owners backup situtation. Those guys have early bye weeks and may be willing to deal once bye week coverage is out of the way.

Had 2 of my 3 money league drafts last night. One is a 12 team league, the other is one of my bar leagues that I set up exactly like the Thunderdome on the board.

12 team league:

QB- Rivers, Luck ( Cassel )

RB- Bradshaw, Hillis ( Greene, Tate, J. Rodgers, I. Pead )

WR- C. Johnson, Nicks, Green, Heyward-Bey ( Collie, L. Robinson )

TE- Keller

DEF- NYJ

K- Bailey

Love my RB depth, should have good trade bait to upgrade my obvious need at TE. Stacked at WR. Had the 8 pick and took Megatron. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and Newton all went before me so I decided to wait on a QB til the second round and grab Matt Ryan. Big mistake. Stafford, Ryan, Romo, Vick, and Eli all went in the next 8 picks. Got stuck drafting Rivers who I'm down on this year, but didnt have much of a choice since I don't trust Payton at all. Took Green and Nicks with my next 2 picks and Luck in the 5th round, then started loading up on RB's. Need to make some trades, but not to terribly disappointed in my team even though I missed out on the QB run.

16 team Bar league:

QB- RGIII ( Wilson, Skelton )

RB- Forte, D. Martin ( Rodgers, Vereen, Pead )

WR- Harvin, Little, Collie ( Cobb )

TE- Graham

DEF- Chicago

K- Crosby

Had the 14 pick. Took Graham in the 1st and Forte in the 2nd. Harvin, Martin, and RG3 came next. Then it dryed up. So much different than the night before when I was picking 3 in the Thunderdome. This team could be good, or really bad, but thats the way 16 team leagues go.

Tell me what you think guys.

Regarding tonight's Dynasty Draft:

This is extreme last minute, but a situation has arisen and I am not getting out of work tonight on time. One of three things can be the solution, though some are harder than the others.

1. AutoJax does his thing. We know how much everyone loves this. Especially WJ.

2. If someone wants to co-manage the team and draft for me as Bronn did during the Experts Draft for Ericxin?

3. If there is someone waiting who wants the team, I am understandable willing to give it up. It's mostly a blank slate.

I had every intention of being at the draft when I woke up this morning, but as my day's gone on, I've had more and more added to my plate or changed and I know now that the chances of me making it on time, or even a short bit late, are next to nothing. I hate that I'm putting this out there NOW, but not sure what else I can do.

As I pretty much anticipated, one week suspension for Britt. Trivial. Should not have affected his draft position at all. It only helps with the injury situation (which is the ONLY thing keeping him from being a solid WR2 - possible WR1 candidate).

Regarding tonight's Dynasty Draft:

This is extreme last minute, but a situation has arisen and I am not getting out of work tonight on time. One of three things can be the solution, though some are harder than the others.

1. AutoJax does his thing. We know how much everyone loves this. Especially WJ.

2. If someone wants to co-manage the team and draft for me as Bronn did during the Experts Draft for Ericxin?

3. If there is someone waiting who wants the team, I am understandable willing to give it up. It's mostly a blank slate.

I had every intention of being at the draft when I woke up this morning, but as my day's gone on, I've had more and more added to my plate or changed and I know now that the chances of me making it on time, or even a short bit late, are next to nothing. I hate that I'm putting this out there NOW, but not sure what else I can do.

I'll do the draft for you, I don't want to co-manage it though. Just pm me who you want me to target and have WJ get me access to do it for you.

There is only one easy way to do this. I could not draft for Eric as co-manager. Yahoo won't allow it. I had to get his password from him. He temporarily changed it to something silly and I logged on as him.

Jaxom needs to change his Yahoo password to something silly then PM it to YW. After, Jaxom can change it back. Nothing else will work in time.

I had another draft today, hopefully the last. It was on ESPN and there are only two WR slots, with 2 RB and one flex. I think I overloaded at WR. Ten team snake, I was 8th.

QB: Ryan (Roethlisberger, Luck)

RB: DMC, D. Martin (Hillis, D. Wilson, J. Rodgers, J. Dwyer)

WR: Megatron, AJ Green (Jul. Jones, K. Britt)

FLx (from above reserves, probably Julio)

TE: Olsen

K: Kaeding

DT: Lions

ETA: This is a ten teamer

I had another draft today, hopefully the last. It was on ESPN and there are only two WR slots, with 2 RB and one flex. I think I overloaded at WR. Ten team snake, I was 8th.

QB: Ryan (Roethlisberger, Luck)

RB: DMC, D. Martin (Hillis, D. Wilson, J. Rodgers, J. Dwyer)

WR: Megatron, AJ Green (Jul. Jones, K. Britt)

FLx (from above reserves, probably Julio)

TE: Olsen

K: Kaeding

DT: Lions

Uh, your team is awesome. I'm in a league like that (12 team) and have my draft on Monday. I have the 2nd pick. Not really sure what to do but I figure I'll go Foster (if he takes Rodgers) or Shady. I don't think I benefit from taking Rodgers with only 12 starting QBs. I should be able to get a Ryan, Vick, Eli in the 4th.

Archived