Whom do you foresee Arya having to marry, if anyone at all?

Jon? Ew no. Even if L + R = J he still calls her little sister, and sees her as a little sister.

He just need to come in terms with his inner Targ.

Arya won't marry if it's not her own decision to do so. There is a chance she won't marry for love, but she will need at least respect the man. So as I see it she will marry

1, Someone we haven't even met before

2, she won't marry

3, Jon Snow

4, Ned Dayne

Arya is going to end up in a relationship with a man who takes her for what she is, which is wonderful. Gendry is perfect. If he reforges Ice and Arya comes back, yeah. Why is it that just because she's empowered and fighting for her survival do folks think she is gay (not that i care if she is). She's awesome. And I don't think Sansa will marry again. But i think she will CHOOSE a relationship before the endgame. And I think it's going to be with Sandor. and if she has a child with him (after he dies) then I think she and Tyrion may rule platonically at one of these houses. And i think Tyrion would be a great father by that time. He knows what NOT to do.

Stereotypes. Without fail when there's a tomboy lesbian/bisexual/asexual questions come up. & if she notices boys' looks then it's something strange for a girl like her to do as if tomboys can't do this type of thing. You can find these sentiments in quite a few of her threads.

OP I like your username.

The Arya/Jon thread got locked but in that thread I asked who was a hunter.

I'll explain.

In Clash Arya said part of her wanted to turn into a swan and part of her wanted to eat it. The swans in question were black. Black Swan is associated with Swan Lake. The story is has a lot to do with duality, false identities, and tragedy.

Here I related her to Black Swan.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/76013-arya-no-one-and-the-water-motif-in-braavos/page__st__120#entry3758841

Swan Lake.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/76013-arya-no-one-and-the-water-motif-in-braavos/page__st__140#entry3760117

& from another post:

For the Swan Lake link Siegfried had been confused/tricked by Odile because she was in the role of pretending to be his love. Arya pretends to be others as a FM and like Odette she also has a girl who was a rival for her that is pretending to be her atm.

The Dying Swan:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/76013-arya-no-one-and-the-water-motif-in-braavos/page__st__140#entry3760766

But anyways, the point is that Odette's love is Siegfried. Who is a prince who likes to hunt.

Siegfried is a young Prince, full of bright spirit and enthusiasm and seems to have little interest in his role as a Prince. His favourite hobby is hunting and he often hunts with his best friend Benno.

He finds Odette in the forest.

I related this to Arya by Tom O' Sevens song No Featherbed for Me which was about Arya. She is the forest lass in the song because right around the time he sings it Arya says that she looks like an Oak Tree.

My featherbed is deep and soft, and there I’ll lay you down,

I’ll dress you all in yellow silk, and on your head a crown.

For you shall be my lady love, and I shall be your lord.

I’ll always keep you warm and safe, and guard you with my sword.

…And how she smiled and how she laughed, the maiden of the tree

She spun away and said to him, no featherbed for me.

I’ll wear a gown of golden leaves, and bind my hair with grass

But you can be my forest love, and me your forest lass.

In the song the guy basically wants to be her knight and lord. She says no. He can be with her on her own terms which is as her forest love while she is his forest lass. This relates to Swan Lake because Odette would be the forest lass and Siegfried the forest love.

Point being who in the books would be Arya's forest love?

I also find it interesting that GRRM actually "marries" her to man who likes to hunt. The problem is that Ramsay is a serial killer. Theon is another hunter in the books and he thinks that Ned might have allowed him to marry Arya.

Quentyn Martell says:

One time me and Drink and Cletus were hunting, and we came on these herons wading in the shallows…They made a pretty sight, aye, but then a hawk passed overhead, and they all took to wing like they’d seen a dragon

"Quentyn did not want to die at all. I want to go back to Yronwood and kiss both of your sisters, marry Gwyneth Yronwood, watcher her flower into beauty, have a child by her. I want to ride in tourneys, hawk and hunt, visit with my mother in Norvos, read some of those books my father sends me..."

Sometimes it's theorized that to parallel with Nymeria Arya should be with a Martell. Quentyn sounds like a potential "forest love" but he is dead (and was boring imo).

Another interesting point is that Arya is compared to Lyanna. I think she is like Robert herself though. Arya complained about not being able to hunt and hawk with her father because she was a girl. Robert used to beg Cersei to go hunting with him. Without negative qualities someone like that could be a forest love.

Which brings me to Gendry because I think she briefly considered him.

"Beric would find her there. Anguy would teach her to use a bow, and she could ride with Gendry and be an outlaw, like Wenda the White Fawn in the songs. But that was just stupid, like something Sansa might dream."

Artemis theorized that the No Featherbed for Me Song showed that it was never going to happen.

OP I like your username.

Grazie very much. :D

It's interesting you mention a Martell. What about a Dayne? She's shown to have a connection to Edric Dayne who even shares her father's nickname, Ned. Also the previous coffuffle between Ashara Dayne and Ned/Brandon. Not to mention the Nymeria references. Just a thought.

Jaqen H'ghar... Would that be interesting? Never a boring minute with those two...

And if things don't work out, they can always whisper each other's name!

Just imagine the anniversary presents....

;)

Stereotypes. Without fail when there's a tomboy lesbian/bisexual/asexual questions come up. & if she notices boys' looks then it's something strange for a girl like her to do as if tomboys can't do this type of thing. You can find these sentiments in quite a few of her threads.

Its pretty irritating isnt it?

Arya marrying someone with her fathers pet name is kinda awkward for me. :P

Not unless she's required to wear a different face and has to marry someone as part of a scheme to kill them.

I always thought she had chemistry with Gendry. I initially thought they'd become an item. He would tease her and call her "lady" and she'd get all mad about it. I thought it would be cute if they became an item once she was a little older, but they parted ways.

Nobody will ever be able to force Arya to do anything Arya doesn't want to do unless House of Black & White takes her vision or hearing which if that's the case she'll warg and still find a way to escape.

And i really dont like the Arya/Gendry thing. Just doesnt feel right. And i want my Stark gals away from Baratheon blood, man.

Where's the dang "like" button when I need it? Like, like, likety like.

It seems to me that many of the same people who say that Arya is too young, at age 9, to decide that she'd never marry a king (and in the book it was "king") and pop out princes, want to pair her up with Gendry, who she met and was with for a few months when she was what, 9 ½?

I have to say that pairing Arya up with the first guy she meets (AT AGE NINE!) shows a rather sad lack of imagination.

Furthermore, Gendry is totally unsuited to be Arya's husband: he's Southron, R'hllorist, and Baratheon (hello! direwolf with an antler in her throat? Stark/Baratheon is not a healthy combination), he's already abandoned Arya once, and he's since been claimed by that girl at the inn. Besides, Sansa's going to marry the burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeeper, not Arya; so said Jaime.

Arya's arc has, so far, taken her farther and farther away from the average domestic life of a highborn Westerosi girl. As far as I'm concerned, it can take her further still, because I just don't see her settling down to be Lady Breeder of Castle Boring.

Also, why shouldn't we speculate about her sexual preference? Seems as valid a question as any other, although I also have to say that it seems unlikely, what with the J'aqen sniffing and all.

She may also be murdersexual. Look it up...it's a thing

If the question is who will Arya have to marry, I'd say no one, because at this point who and what army is going to make her do anything? If she didn't take off – and if Arya's anything, she's a runner – she's certainly capable of killing her husband and his whole damn family. Actually, I assume the family of the groom, or the groom himself, would want to know where she's been since she escaped from KL. The truthful answer would put an end to any match very quickly.

I'd like to see her choose the Mormont option, that is, have the lovers she wants and tell the world her children were fathered by wolves.

Westeros has seven great houses. Arya can't marry any Stark. Baratheons have no male heirs. Edric Strok might be legitimized because it is known that he is Robert's bastard.

Starks No

Baratheons Edric Storm

Greyjoys Theon Greyjoy or Euron

Lannisters No (Arya hates them)

Dorn is there any candidate? Oh, Darkstar who is beeing of the night (Arya and him should be close)

Tully Her uncle? Ewww

Arryn Sweet Robin

Maybe someone from Freys? :laugh:

Archived