We all agree that Jon IS going to be resurrected right?

AegonSnow

The flames crackled softly, and in their crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow. His long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a shadow half-seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again.

This is pretty clear prophecy of Jon warging into Ghost, and then becoming a man again.

In fact, its one of the few prophecies that are pretty straight-forward. I mean, what else could it possibly mean?

We're all agreed right?

It`s not just about that vision. It can be reffered to it, but we also have more than enough to conclude his story isn`t over. And then there is famous GRRM`s line: `Oh, you think he`s dead?`

This is pretty clear prophecy of Jon warging into Ghost, and then becoming a man again.

In fact, its one of the few prophecies that are pretty straight-forward. I mean, what else could it possibly mean?

We're all agreed right?

Well, Jon warging into Ghost and warging back. That also happened often enough before when noone died and got resurrected.

Seriously, I too believe that Jon will hide out for a while in Ghost, but that one vision alone doesn't clinch it by itself.

The prologue of DWD which shows Varamyr warging into one of his wolves right before his body dies is pretty straight foreshadowing of what is going to happen to Jon later in the story, only difference is that Mel can ressurect Jon's dead body, but with his mind and soul living through Ghost he won't come back broken (ie. Stoneheart)

weeellllll, not exactly. i agree jon will walk and talk again however i'm not sure it will take a resurrection to do it. it would mean that jon is no longer human and i don't think that is his destiny.

One possible interpretation of the flame vision is Jon warging into Ghost, but Jon's body rising as a zombie. Meaning that the flame was showing two different things about it, but she misconstrued it as a linear series of events.

If Jon were to warg into a man, whose body could he take, without being a complete scumbag? Wun Wun is the only one simple minded enough that his possession would be feasible, but that's not a "man". And if he were to try and take over someone living, that would basically make him a murderer. I have a hard time seeing Jon go anywhere past Ghost, and then his only purpose as Ghost would be to communicate with people like Bran.

I don't think he'll die. All known ASOIAF forms of resurrection are pretty nasty and I doubt Jon will be subjected to one of them (Wight, Snooze-like or Rotting body for The Jon...really?).

So in short, the answer is no, I don't think he'll be resurrected. ;)

The prologue of DWD which shows Varamyr warging into one of his wolves right before his body dies is pretty straight foreshadowing of what is going to happen to Jon later in the story, only difference is that Mel can ressurect Jon's dead body, but with his mind and soul living through Ghost he won't come back broken (ie. Stoneheart)

Hm... If he dies, wargs into Ghost, but his body is resurrected, is it guaranteed he'll go back into his body? As far as we know, it's the humans capable of warging, but if the body that the human is in is brought back, could it possibly end up Drogo-esque? I mean, think about it.

1. Jon dies, enters Ghost's body.

2. JonGhost runs off, his master/he being killed, nowhere to be found.

3. Mel does a totally-not-creepy "kiss of life" on Jon's dead body.

4. Jon's spirit is still in Ghost, and may not even be able to warg out, or if he can, isn't aware his body's there.

5. What spirit then inhabits Jon's body? Catelyn's spirit had nowhere to go, and when she was brought back, she was changed. Drogo's spirit never came back, because he left to Horsey Heaven. Jon's spirit went into Ghost, but wouldn't that mean that unless Mel can forcibly rip Jon from Ghost, that he'd just be a husk ala Drogo?

Melisandre will try to cremate his body, knowing he has kings blood in his veins. When this happens something similar to what happened to Daenerys will occur and Jon will be all "fuck off Melisandre Im the stone dragon and Im here to fulfil your goddamn prophecy", because after all, the "stone dragon" could just mean a dead targ. This is assuming we all believe that R+L=J of course. I recall something about Rhaegar finding some scrolls under the red keep about his son being the prince that was promised. This of course strengthens the Jon=stone dragon theory, Im not saying this is exactly whats going to happen, but it seems possible that something similar will happen.

Hm... If he dies, wargs into Ghost, but his body is resurrected, is it guaranteed he'll go back into his body? As far as we know, it's the humans capable of warging, but if the body that the human is in is brought back, could it possibly end up Drogo-esque? I mean, think about it.

1. Jon dies, enters Ghost's body.

2. JonGhost runs off, his master/he being killed, nowhere to be found.

3. Mel does a totally-not-creepy "kiss of life" on Jon's dead body.

4. Jon's spirit is still in Ghost, and may not even be able to warg out, or if he can, isn't aware his body's there.

5. What spirit then inhabits Jon's body? Catelyn's spirit had nowhere to go, and when she was brought back, she was changed. Drogo's spirit never came back, because he left to Horsey Heaven. Jon's spirit went into Ghost, but wouldn't that mean that unless Mel can forcibly rip Jon from Ghost, that he'd just be a husk ala Drogo?

If he came back as a vegetable, there be no point in having him come back at all.

Jon will warg back into his body from Ghost when the time is right. Have no idea what the time could possibly be until the next book. But it is crucial that Jon is living in Ghost, leaving his spirit healthy.

Nah. It's nothing, a flesh wound. :lmao:

Yeah, he's had worse.

The stewards had long ago discovered that food and meat kept longer in the icy storerooms carved from the base of the Wall . . . but prisoners did not. "You will die in here Lord Snow," Ser Alliser Thorne had said

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt."

Jon is put into a coma by the stabbings, and Marsh mistakes a comatose Jon for a dead one and moves him to the ice cells next to the smoked and salted meats. The red star is Ser Partek whose sigil is a star, and is a follower of the Red God. Lord Snow will die in the ice cells, and a new Jon will be reborn.

When the man's flesh dies, his spirit lives on inside the beast, but every day his memory fades, and the beast becomes a little less a warg, a little more a wolf, until nothing of the man is left and only the beast remains."

"I fear no ghosts. Dragons are more powerful than ghosts."

Jon's spirit will be in Ghost while he's out, but his spirit/will is strong enough to keep him from dissipating into Ghost and remain intact.

In the Russian Garland tales brave and noble Prince Lyubim is betrayed and murdered by his brothers only to be resurrected by the winged wolf and justice had by all. Jon, a prince, is "murdered" by his black brothers and he will be saved by Bran, the winged wolf and BR.

Under the sea the crows are white as snow.

The light of the half-moon turned Val's honey-blond hair a pale silver and left her cheeks as white as snow.

This is a reference to Snow White. The dwarfs thought she was dead when she was in a coma, and she woke up after a prince kissed her. I know BR and Bran will help Jon, and when that happens Jon will wake up the moment Val, called the "wildling princess," kisses him.

Archived