TTTNE #407: Here Be Dragons

KiDisaster

Usually I'd join you in the list-making, but this is my official slacking time! On a completely unrelated note, does anyone have any tips on how to get back to work after a long period of not doing anything? Today I did a ton of research on the most efficient way to do handwritten notes and not have to retype them later (solution: using a good stylus and my phone), instead of spending that time on actual research.

Just created a new goodreads profile to find out that the whole Kindle compatibility thing only works for books you've bought from Amazon. Aw :(

I went to the post office today, and found a Letter from Baby L to everyone else in the family... :love:

Just in time for the Holidays :D...

EXCEPT SHE SENT IT ON DECEMBER 2012 AND IT TOOK THIS LONG. <_<

Yes. See why I don't trust the mail?

It's good I'm friends with the Mail Clerk, since I told her I was considering ordering death to arrive via the local mail give its delivery times :)

AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2!

*Squee's like a little girl and goes into cardiac arrest*

There was a thing fairly recently about the German occupation of the Channel islands. A group of teenagers stole German mail, and it was recently found and returned.

Found a link.

I went to the post office today, and found a Letter from Baby L to everyone else in the family... :love:

It's good I'm friends with the Mail Clerk, since I told her I was considering ordering death to arrive via the local mail give its delivery times :)

That is so crazy! :lol:

I heard from Lady Olenna guys. She says she's a little better now, and her fevers have started to break at last. (She did go to the doctor last night). Just wanted to keep you guys updated.

Glad to hear this! Thanks for sharing! :grouphug:

Post office is done and I found my ATM card, in the dryer. We have dried at least 3 loads of clothes with it in there :lol:

Germany, right to the border of the Netherlands. Storm is getting stronger at the moment

Nice!

Trains and buses has stopped... I'm so afraid of someone dying. Has there been any problems regarding that in your region?

Edric?

What? :huh:

Nice!

Trains and buses has stopped... I'm so afraid of someone dying. Has there been any problems regarding that in your region?

Trains and buses haven't even delay (yet), the worst is about to hit us in a few hours, but I've to check the news for that. Reminds me of Kyrill though. I'm not afraid to die ;)

Trains and buses haven't even delay (yet), the worst is about to hit us in a few hours, but I've to check the news for that. Reminds me of Kyrill though. I'm not afraid to die ;)

Good. The storm is at its peak up here ;)

I met with two friends, one from the faculty and one from the dance school, that I have not seen in a long time. I had a lot of fun.

Speaking about everyone, so many new faces here! I really should stick around more.

Hejhoj, palimpsest! *pomaham* Dobrodošla nazaj (zdaj čžš-ji celo delajo na tem forumu ;) ).

Thanks TBB, L_T, Buck (yes, the date is right. Kafka & Engel?? You don't read the easy stuff do you!), tW, Palimpsest, Koba - you guys are great!

I read Kafka for the faculty. I REALLY dislike Kafka. :ack:

Engel ... I have no idea which Engel you mean, this means "angel" in German and Engel des Vergessens means Angel of Forgetting or something similar. I would guess that book is not even translated into English (at least a quick google search implies nothing like that), it is only translated into Slovene according to my information (I am reading it in German original though). It is a good book, I like it.

Buck, you're part of the 'list makers' club with me and Lany! :)

Did I mention I love lists? And bulleted lists are even better.

I am not much of a list maker. And even less a fulfiller of things on the list - I just keep remembering MORE things to add! It drives me crazy. :bawl:

What. :stunned:

What? :huh:

He means Edric Storm. ;)

He means Edric Storm. ;)

I'd rather deal with him :lol:

Forecast says, we'll reach the peak in between the next hour. Kyrill was worst, so not much worries here.

I wondered about reading Kafka buck :D (wenn I was reading "der Proceß" I used to fall asleep at Page 29 everytime. Extremly hard to read)

Hello everyone, my teeth are fine, YAY :D.

Congrats, so you don't have to chose a new avatar :D

Hello Lany, Zar and whomever I've missed [unintentional, I swear it by the old gods (cause the new don't really count)]

I'm glad you've had a nice day overall :), my teeth are fine it's only a check up but I still get nervous.

Yeah, all kinds of medical appointments make one nervous I guess. Hope everything's okay.

Hi Winter!

My daughter is doing better today. She had a counseling session this afternoon, went to yoga with me, then had her evening classes tonight. My daughter is 21. How old are your girls?

The Baby was her first kitten, we got him when she was 15. This was her first pet to die and the gruesome nature of identifying days old remains was incredibly traumatic for her (and me, too). We both are having some difficulty getting the last image of The Baby out of our minds - and all the morbid thoughts about how awful his last moments were.

I'm getting photos printed out to put all over the house for both of us so we can reinforce the happy version of The Baby, which he was all of his life. See my avatar? That's The Baby we need to remember. :wub:

Thanks so much for asking about us. And sorry for the downer post.

Glad to hear you guys are doing better! :grouphug: for you and your daughter! The pictures are a good idea to get over what you've seen.

Your daughter is 21? :O *capclave pics drift into her memory* Are you SURE your daughter is 21? :D Cat, I want to look like you when my future child will be 21. You look like someone who has a 14-5 year old or even younger daughter.

Ak is starting trouble again - things are back to normal in spamland. :lol:

If I haven't mentioned, my daughter is a year older than you. Our relationship is quite different to what you have with your dad - in part because both of us are goofballs. I'm more like her older brother that she likes to beat on when she needs a punching bag.

So really, I think more of the relationship my mother had with her father in the way you describe yours with your dad. They loved each other a lot, but it was expressed more formally. I bet your dad loves you to pieces, but he wants so much for you to succeed he can't quite say it like that - like it might distract you from trying your hardest maybe.

First: HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY HONEYED CHICKEN!!!!!!

:grouphug:

Second: I absolutely can't imagine having that kind of relationship with him, but it must be a really wonderful experience to be friends with your father/daughter. Keep that up for ever and after. I don't doubt for a second that my father loves me, I know he does love me very very much, and I love him too, we just lost how to express that during the years. When I was a little kid, still in kindergarten, we were quite close actually.

I heard from Lady Olenna guys. She says she's a little better now, and her fevers have started to break at last. (She did go to the doctor last night). Just wanted to keep you guys updated.

That's great news, thank you for letting us know, Zar!

The best for Lady O, speedy recovery and big hugs.

Evening spam!

I am absolutely wiped out... three nights of not sleeping gets to me. I can sleepy tonight, finally.

A weird problem: if I put my SIM card into the new cellphone my text message conversations from my current phone will be lost. And there's one I've been keeping for years, as big of a creep I am, and I don't want to lose it... This is so lame... X_X but you know, it was so much easier 100 years ago, because people just kept love letters in a hat box till they died, but now all we have is memory cards... blah... I was born into the wrong time. It is known.

I want to get a new avatar, but alas, after last night I'm sick of the sight of photoshop. Tomorrow.

Thanks so much Zar. That fever was too high.

Indeed. I do that way too rarely.

I need somebody to jump in for the pictionary. Volunteers?

If you still need someone, PM me.

Morning spammers! Here's today's hee-haw.

My new bike should be ready this afternoon! Hooray! Gonna ride around town if the weather's nice.

Archived