TTTNE #407: Here Be Dragons

KiDisaster

Happy late birthday to HC! :cheers: (assuming the date is correct)

List of to-dos:

• read Kafka
  • read Engel des Vergessens - I REALLY should move somewhere with that, it is such a good story, but I keep pushing it away :crying:
  • essay - I think? We got no good instructions on that and also not sure when the deadline is
  • translation - due date tomorrow
  • translation for an acquaintance - since I did not hear from her since I sent her the first part, I assume she is still waiting for the second, but at least she could have answered me ...

I also agreed to meet with two different friends this afternoon ... I cannot handle everything! :bawl:

My computer is still being repaired. I hate this. Why did they sell such a computer that has half of its parts not okay? :tantrum:

I LOVE April Fool's day. It's my favorite holiday. I'm already planning to punk my boss next semester. I know just the student to put up to it. My co-worker and I are going to stand in the hallway when this goes down. It's gonna be AWESOME.

Just make sure the student will not be punished for it is you set it up! ;)

Congrats on the raise!

3 pages since this morning - that's not too bad.

It was like 20 pages in 24 hours since I last checked.

I'm glad you've had a nice day overall :), my teeth are fine it's only a check up but I still get nervous.

That is great to hear. I am also scared every time I have to go to the dentist.

List of to-dos:

• read Kafka
  • read Engel des Vergessens - I REALLY should move somewhere with that, it is such a good story, but I keep pushing it away :crying:
  • essay - I think? We got no good instructions on that and also not sure when the deadline is
  • translation for an acquaintance - since I did not hear from her since I sent her the first part, I assume she is still waiting for the second, but at least she could have answered me ...

But now I remembered that I need to do another translation till Monday! :bawl:

And I am not even THINKING about reading for that other subject!

Anyway, I am going to the city to meet a friend. I live for my study most of the time as it is ... yet why do I feel guilty that I am leaving things unfinished?

Koba, love the new AV. Love, love love.

Thank you dear :) :) :) I think I'll be Abaddon for a while...

Congrats on job improvement :)

Happy birthday Rhae and HC :cheers: have a drink on me...have two :cheers: :cheers:

Hello spammers <waves> these three days were killers and next week is gonna be full of killers too. If I survive I'll tell you the tale of Christmas concert preparations,prop making and visa renewals...it's worst that Blare Witch Project and Ring combined...

Greetings spammies. long time no see Palimpsest

just home from work, late night thursday. its 9.27pm.

i brought some chips home, but they are cooling rapidly.

i have read back, but am too tired to reply.

happy birthday, birthday people :)

have we heard from lady o?

Morning all :kiss:

Things to do today:

exercise

address holiday cards

go to post office

fold laundry (Alex's)

wash towels

put up more holiday decorations

make dinner (chicken parm and pasta)

got to karate

Happy birthday everyone! :cheers:

Speaking about everyone, so many new faces here! I really should stick around more.

Welcome back! :grouphug:

Ak is starting trouble again - things are back to normal in spamland. :lol:

Yep, it was pretty nice. My father was really nice too. We don't see each other very often but lately there's been some minor improvement on in our relationship, so it was great to work more on that. And the whole thing was pretty thoughtful, he planned his whole day around my birthday lunch, had all his co-workers run after my birthday present for three days (which may sound as ridiculous, but if one knows my father, it's actually quite touching). It was nice

If I haven't mentioned, my daughter is a year older than you. Our relationship is quite different to what you have with your dad - in part because both of us are goofballs. I'm more like her older brother that she likes to beat on when she needs a punching bag.

So really, I think more of the relationship my mother had with her father in the way you describe yours with your dad. They loved each other a lot, but it was expressed more formally. I bet your dad loves you to pieces, but he wants so much for you to succeed he can't quite say it like that - like it might distract you from trying your hardest maybe.

L.O I agree with Lany you HAVE to go to the hospital. 105 is way too high a fever.

And please go medieval if you haven't and lower that down wrap a wet towel around your neck and go straight to get medical help.

That's not medieval to me - it's just smart.

Awwww.

Thanks HC.

Just the truth, man.

So, how was your first voting? Do you know anything of the election results yet?

India is really interesting to me (along with some many of the countries represented in the "world" of spam).

I'm glad Winter that I'm not the only one.

Btw, the voting went fine, I went there quite early around 8:30 in the morning so I didn't have to wait much. Results are due on Sunday.

Are the people of India not upset to wait that long? Here people would be nervous and unhappy to not know the results within minutes of the end of voting (our 2000 presidential election was very unsettling and poorly done, imo).

Speculations so far are not that great actually. :( The party I voted for is not winning most probably. What has happened is that my city has got fed up with the ruling party. So this election was more towards voting them out rather than voting your party in. Whatever the case, the exit polls show that the ruling party will be having a hard time to come back into power again. For that much at least I'll be grateful.

Hi Winter!

My daughter is doing better today. She had a counseling session this afternoon, went to yoga with me, then had her evening classes tonight. My daughter is 21. How old are your girls?

The Baby was her first kitten, we got him when she was 15. This was her first pet to die and the gruesome nature of identifying days old remains was incredibly traumatic for her (and me, too). We both are having some difficulty getting the last image of The Baby out of our minds - and all the morbid thoughts about how awful his last moments were.

I'm getting photos printed out to put all over the house for both of us so we can reinforce the happy version of The Baby, which he was all of his life. See my avatar? That's The Baby we need to remember.

Thanks so much for asking about us. And sorry for the downer post.

Thanks Arya Kiddin'. My daughter is feeling a bit better today. Thanks so much for asking and your kind words.

And can I say again how excellent you all are? TTTNE'ers really care. That has really touched my heart.

Spam on, Never Enders, SPAM ON!

Friskey (my fuzzy black avatar of the moment) is sitting on my shoulders purring (warmest place in the house for her at the moment). How can I not feel yours and your daughter's hurt?

I think you're doing it the right way (lots of pictures). Even Winter and I who have older cats will have nothing but pictures to remember in a few years.

When Friskey isn't around to prance on my keyboard and wake me up at 3 in the morning, and greet me at the door at night I'm gonna be lost for a while

So lots of hugs to you and your daughter.

My daughters are 24 and 20 years old. We do have one cat left who is 17 years old now, so he's infact more like a little brother to them, especially to my younger daughter. I do not even want to imagine, what ... lalalalalla.. *puts fingers into ears*

Yup. What you said: lalalalalal!

Our daughter, the little chickie is 22 (not so little). She was 8 when we got fuzzball (Friskey).

This is a special place indeed. I love the way everyone sticks up for everyone.

Cheers to TTTNE.

The country is on its all time low performance right now, as far as growth measures are concerned. Don't believe people who say India is the fastest growing economy or whatever, the growth rate is high because we started from dirt low levels. People here always seek to compare this country to China but take no lessons from them, how efficient that country is working, despite not being a democracy. And corruption is rampant here. All this calls for a change in the ruling authorities, and I must say I'm expecting a positive turn out.

My parents generally do not vote because they always vote for opposite parties, and their votes just cancels out. This time they both went ahead with a third party though.

Your right, TTTNE is good and supportive place. And it is that partly because people like Zar and Lany and Buck and L_T and you set a good example by firmly and gently directing the non-friendly, non-supportive discussions to other parts of the board.

I was just checking HC's profile and saw that he had his birthday on 3rd. Why, why not tell us HC????? Or was it just me who didn't know?

Thanks Ak!

I thought about saying something, but with RB's birthday so close and it being her 21st which deserves a lot of celebration, I decided to let it go.

Urghghghg. It's too early. Or it's only nine.

And late birthday to HC!

Happy belated birthday, HC!

Happy late birthday to HC! (assuming the date is correct)

List of to-dos:

• read Kafka
  • read Engel des Vergessens - I REALLY should move somewhere with that, it is such a good story, but I keep pushing it away

But now I remembered that I need to do another translation till Monday!

And I am not even THINKING about reading for that other subject!

Anyway, I am going to the city to meet a friend. I live for my study most of the time as it is ... yet why do I feel guilty that I am leaving things unfinished?

Happy birthday honeyed chicken

Happy birthday everyone!

Speaking about everyone, so many new faces here! I really should stick around more.

Happy birthday Rhae and HC have a drink on me...have two

Hello spammers <waves> these three days were killers and next week is gonna be full of killers too. If I survive I'll tell you the tale of Christmas concert preparations,prop making and visa renewals...it's worst that Blare Witch Project and Ring combined...

Thanks TBB, L_T, Buck (yes, the date is right. Kafka & Engel?? You don't read the easy stuff do you!), tW, Palimpsest, Koba - you guys are great!

I hate myself for being too busy to post

Oh and hi everyone! Nissed you all.

Hi Talal. Nice when you can drop by. How's Riyad treating you?

Greetings spammies. long time no see Palimpsest

just home from work, late night thursday. its 9.27pm.

i brought some chips home, but they are cooling rapidly.

i have read back, but am too tired to reply.

happy birthday, birthday people :)

have we heard from lady o?

Thanks Gillio.

Still waiting (nervously) to hear from Lady O. I'm an optimist, so I take it as a good sign that soon as LV told LO to go to the hospital we stopped hearing from her. I'm trusting that she took that advice and is being properly cared for (fingers crossed).

Happy birthday HC!

Thanks Nero! How are you?

I'm wondering whether I should start a new Goodreads profile. I haven't touched the old one in well over a year, and even before that, I just didn't keep it active anymore. Now I look at it and I see a ton of things that I remember differently, or I would do/rate differently now. Hmmm.

Things to do today:

exercise

address holiday cards

go to post office

fold laundry (Alex's)

wash towels--in dryer

got to karate

my printer is out of black ink so I had to email my label list to myself and go print it on the husband's computer (mine is the "family" one and is wireless, so everyone uses it)

:idea: maybe I should try red ink. that is appropriate

eta: red is out too :(

eta2: It is a good thing my red was out...the envelopes are red :lmao:

HONEYED CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

List of to-dos:

• read Kafka
  • translation for an acquaintance - since I did not hear from her since I sent her the first part, I assume she is still waiting for thesecond, but at least she could have answered me ...

Buck, you're part of the 'list makers' club with me and Lany! :)

Did I mention I love lists? And bulleted lists are even better. :wub:

Here's mine for today:

• make coffee
  • make list
  • tttne update
  • go to dentist
  • go to post office
  • go to work (where I have a completely different list)
  • go for a walk
  • address holiday cards

The Merry Blair Holiday Witch Christmas Project and Happy New Ring Concert.

I can't wait to hear all about it, Koba-love. You're such a good teacher. :kiss:

Things to do today:

exercise

address holiday cards

go to post office

fold laundry (Alex's)

wash towels

got to karate

Just so!

@HC: I am doing fine, but I am too afraid of going outside. There is a storm passing over Denmark right now, and it's over the news all the time. And I am just quietly doing my homework indoors.

Be safe and warm, nerolunar. :grouphug:

I missed this the first time through! Good Luck! (and I am always amazed at how progressive Dubai seems to be)

exercise

address holiday cards

go to post office

fold laundry (Alex's)

wash towels ---in dryer

got to karate

Off to the post office. Fun, Fun Fun!!

I am rocking today!

Archived