TTTNE #407: Here Be Dragons

KiDisaster

Okaaay ...

I thought there was a mistake again, so I checked RB's profile, so:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RHAENYS! :cheers: How old are you now? :)

It can be tricky for an older guy. We were taught to do all those things: hold the chair, coat, door on & on. Then feminism came along. Now what?

Now each situation is different.

Older lady?

No problem, hold the door.

A woman Mrs. Chicken's age?

Ooo. . .probably yes, unless she is militantly feminist - and you have to guess.

Young lady like our chickie?

Probably not, unless done as a sort of joke - an atavistic behavior.

Well, for me there is a BIG difference between holding a door (it is normal one does that to anybody, male or female, I do it too) and holding a coat. A coat it way more tacky I think.

DO NOT SEND A LETTER LIKE THIS TO YOUR INSTRUCTORS. IT WILL FILL THEM WITH RAGE. I answered twenty of them today. My response is, "I'll post grades when I'm finished grading. " Seroiusly. I have 8 classes.

Loll, Buckwheat I know you are far too polite to do such a thing.

LOL. Our profs do not have such a clause. If the answer is obvious or publically available, they do not answer because it would be stupid.

I did pest one professor quite a lot about the grades. She did not post the grades until about 4 months after I handed in my assignment.

Going to regret that part ...

but you'd think people would try to understand other people or at least ask if they don't understand their statements ,instead of just firing the old "you sexist bastard" machine :dunno:

You would think people would ANSWER when they are asked about their opinion. I remember I asked you a LOT of times about what you think about different topics, and I asked you to explain yourself, but you keep changing the topic. I would really really really like to discuss some topics that were touched in this thread today, but I know you will simply not explain your position if you are asked to.

<snip>

That is an adorable cat. :wub:

Hi there to those I haven't met. :kiss:. I'm super boring these days. Just trying to get everything done before #3! And I read "National Dice Day" as "National Nice Day".

We absolutely need a nice day!

Also, hi. *waves*

Can we also have World Sarcasm day?

This can be any day for you, no? :P

Just feeling a little tired today. Should avoid unnecessary detours during weekdays I suppose.

@RB : This was supposed to be your day, you were supposed to feel special. Glad it did work out that way.

Oh it did, thank you! :grouphug: Get some rest now AK! Sweet dreams!

Happy birthday Rhaenys

Just got home, horrible day. Had to take my father to the hospital early in the morning, we've spent the whole day there. He is home now. I'm exhausted.

Closed my Laptop, no time so log out, so I was online all day

Thanks, and so sorry to hear about your father :grouphug: Is everything okay now?

Hope everything is OK with both dads L_T and Winter.

World Sarcasm Day, Nog? I can see the Hallmark cards now

Night AK!

Hi Zabzie!

Happy Bday RB.

But Zar, I want to spoil you

Bing is stalking us again

Thank you, Bex!

I just discovered a new thread has been out and about for ten hours - completely missed this.

Congrats KiD!

Happy birthday again Rhaenys!

Greetings everybody!

Thank you ever so much again, FoMN! :)

Okaaay ...

I thought there was a mistake again, so I checked RB's profile, so:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RHAENYS! :cheers: How old are you now? :)

Thank you, Buck! :grouphug:

21... I'm so old!!!!!!!!!! :bawl:

Just kidding :lol:

Thank you, Buck! :grouphug:

21... I'm so old!!!!!!!!!! :bawl:

Just kidding :lol:

Stop saying that, I also feel myself old! :crying:

Pretty much - but it would be nice to have a formal occasion to use it. :D

But would you be allowed to say anything non-sarcastically on that day? :idea:

Happy Birthday RB! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

Pranks or lies. Point is, on Sarcasm day, you're not allowed to lie - but you have to say one thing and mean another. Which is far more difficult than lying. :D

I need Sarcasm day to happen. Schedule a date.

You just fast forwarded to new thread while I was busy preparing Christmas concert...ghrrrr

Hello spammers :)

Koba, love the new AV. Love, love love.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RB !!!! :cheers: :kiss: :grouphug:

HC - I will definitely look into those books. Thanks for all the info, it certainly helps. I try my best as a mom but I know I fail at times. And I know that happens too. Parenting is hard.

The arm in which I got my vaccine is so sore I can barely move it. It kept me up all night long :(

What is up with that this year? My whole shoulder is still a mess from my flu shot. I got it WEEKS ago.

Lady O, I'm going to send you my fb info. Feel free to ignore it.

That said, I can't tell you how much I sympathize. I had Lil V first, and he's an only child as a result. There is NO WAY I could have kept up with two of him. He's 17 now and it's still hell. If you need to vent, fill up my mailbox. I know you love him. I love mine with all my heart, but even now there are days when I just cry if I can't have a good bitch. I have no good answers except make time for yourself, and hang in there. You can do it.

Nah, April Fool's has pranks. Sarcasm is something different.

I LOVE April Fool's day. It's my favorite holiday. I'm already planning to punk my boss next semester. I know just the student to put up to it. My co-worker and I are going to stand in the hallway when this goes down. It's gonna be AWESOME.

Spammies, good news. I asked my boss if I could create a position of Physics/Physical Science lab co-ordinator. Our lab equipment is a mess, I've been meaning to inventory and add more equipment for years now and I just don't have time. I thought it would be down the road, but.......

I start getting paid for it in the Spring (January 13th)!!!!!!

Go Science!!!!

To celebrate, l bought myself a new bicycle. Because I deserve it. And Mr. Fling deserves what a bike does for the buns.

Damn, I wish I could get my quote fxn working again....

Spammies, good news. I asked my boss if I could create a position of Physics/Physical Science lab co-ordinator. Our lab equipment is a mess, I've been meaning to inventory and add more equipment for years now and I just don't have time. I thought it would be down the road, but.......

Go Science!!!!

To celebrate, l bought myself a new bicycle. Because I deserve it. And Mr. Fling deserves what a bike does for the buns.

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twenty-one...I'm sure she is out having the time of her life :D Hopefully, in a safe manner. Happy B-day again Rhaenys.

I share your pain....I hate the dentist!

Just finished TPaTQ...great food for fodder :D

Happy Birthday RB! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

I need Sarcasm day to happen. Schedule a date.

Koba, love the new AV. Love, love love.

What is up with that this year? My whole shoulder is still a mess from my flu shot. I got it WEEKS ago.

Lady O, I'm going to send you my fb info. Feel free to ignore it.

That said, I can't tell you how much I sympathize. I had Lil V first, and he's an only child as a result. There is NO WAY I could have kept up with two of him. He's 17 now and it's still hell. If you need to vent, fill up my mailbox. I know you love him. I love mine with all my heart, but even now there are days when I just cry if I can't have a good bitch. I have no good answers except make time for yourself, and hang in there. You can do it.

I LOVE April Fool's day. It's my favorite holiday. I'm already planning to punk my boss next semester. I know just the student to put up to it. My co-worker and I are going to stand in the hallway when this goes down. It's gonna be AWESOME.

Go Science!!!!

Bless you Lily!!! You have just no idea how much you have completely touched a strangers heart! I mean it. I dunno what happened with this vaccine burnt while shoulder is swollen, can't move it, can't really move anything at all and I have a fever of 105. Doctor said not to worry but I'm so fucking cold and I can't get warm.

I love my mom but she hasn't a mothering bone in her body. She acts like I'm a wimp but I tolerate a lot of pain. I really am at a loss. I don't know what to do :(

I will probably laugh about it all tomorrow and be embarrassed but this is scary.

So thank you, seriously. Just thank you :grouphug:

Here we go again . . .

Oh, I almost forgot the cake!

That's an awesome looking cake!

Hello, my friends.

I'm back from Christmas shopping in the city. I don't have everything yet, but that's alright.

My new av: I saw the thread's title and decided to change to a dragon. The meaning of these two kanji - it's Japanese actually - is simply "dragon".

That's really cool.

Today is National Dice Day! Of course I thought of you! (I guess "national" depends on what Nation you live in)

We have such a thing here in the US?

I'm peacefully putting on some make-up in the morning when the boiler cracks and water scarcely runs from the taps from then on. Great. I had to go, so I just decided I'd get a repairman in the afternoon. BUT luckily the water is back to normal now, there's hot water too, so I'm not calling a repairman for now, don't feel like spending $100-200 on nothing.

Then I had a fancy-pantsy michelin star lunch with my father. Checked in to the faculty to speak with my ex-consultant, met up with my best friend and did some Christmas shopping for family. My mother sent a totally moving text too, about how proud she is of me and what a great person I am and all, it almost teared me up. And my grandma's sister called too, she was so sweet, asked how I was and told me all about her recent heart catheter thing that made her arithmia go away. And now I'm back to the stupid html task.

Hope you're all well!

The lunch sounds great and a neat way to celebrate with your dad. Did you enjoy it?

Just feeling a little tired today. Should avoid unnecessary detours during weekdays I suppose.

The Spam will be quiet without you and I'll have no excuse to stay up late as well.

Just got home, horrible day. Had to take my father to the hospital early in the morning, we've spent the whole day there. He is home now. I'm exhausted.

Closed my Laptop, no time so log out, so I was online all day

Hope your father will be alright, Winter.

PEEPS. STOP. THAT IS ENTIRELY TOO MUCH SPAM FOR ME TO KEEP UP!

3 pages since this morning - that's not too bad.

See I've noticed this too, Targaryens are always cooler when their female, maybe its genetics.

I want to be on board with the Targs (Maester Aemon is pretty cool), but we've really only seen two of them (Aegon could be fAegon) and one of them was a basket case.

For me, I'm a Daenerys fan, but Targaryens as a whole? Not enough data.

I just discovered a new thread has been out and about for ten hours - completely missed this.

Congrats KiD!

Happy birthday again Rhaenys!

Greetings everybody!

Hey FomN - nice to see you back!

Well, for me there is a BIG difference between holding a door (it is normal one does that to anybody, male or female, I do it too) and holding a coat. A coat it way more tacky I think.

Hey ya'll

Another tiring day of rehearsals but at least it's nearly over!

Happy birthday RhaenysB hope you have/had a good day.

Congrats KiD I really should try racing next time.

Goodnight everybody.

That's a pretty funky av, GMM. What are those dudes up to?

A physics prof who likes April fools pranks and lives in NOLA sounds like a recipe for a movie to me.

I look forward to reading about in 4 months.

Go Science!!!!

Congrats on the extra pay - always a good thing.

Bless you Lily!!! You have just no idea how much you have completely touched a strangers heart! I mean it. I dunno what happened with this vaccine burnt while shoulder is swollen, can't move it, can't really move anything at all and I have a fever of 105. Doctor said not to worry but I'm so fucking cold and I can't get warm.

I love my mom but she hasn't a mothering bone in her body. She acts like I'm a wimp but I tolerate a lot of pain. I really am at a loss. I don't know what to do :(

I will probably laugh about it all tomorrow and be embarrassed but this is scary.

So thank you, seriously. Just thank you :grouphug:

Go to the hospital. Now. Give lil' O some drammamine or Benadryl. Sometimes you can't deal. 105 is can't deal time. Messaging you right now.

A physics prof who likes April fools pranks and lives in NOLA sounds like a recipe for a movie to me.

I look forward to reading about in 4 months.

Congrats on the extra pay - always a good thing.

It's not real money. Just "release time". I'll get paid like I'm teaching an extra class. I have to teach as many as humanly possible because there's only two of us. Still awesome. I think I can get professional leave to go to a grant writing seminar too in order to benifit the college. Gonna wait 'til after I get permission to go to LonCon to push for it....hehehee. Physics is awesome. Best career ever.

Archived