Big Bang Theory 6: The Suffering of Being Unable to Love

Datepalm

snip

though "Cheesecake Factory" sounds almost fast food to me.)

its not. its an actual chain here. its casual dining, sorta like a chilis but a little more upscale than that.

its not. its an actual chain here. its casual dining, sorta like a chilis but a little more upscale than that.

Lol, alas, I have no idea what Chilis is like either. :) I'm just going to accept that Penny was making a living and move on.

btw, paradoxically, the only way anyone succeeds in film/television is by being able to selectively refuse work. Otherwise you're screwed and remain a bottom feeder for your entire life.

You'd think she would have appreciated the paycheck in this instance though.

Next weeks episode appears to actually carry on a plotline, with Howard and Sheldon in Houston. I'm way more pleased that the plane wasn't the end of their bonding thing than I should be...

Lol, alas, I have no idea what Chilis is like either. :) I'm just going to accept that Penny was making a living and move on.

fair enough. although it might clarify to just say average bill per customer of about $15-22. maybe more since its LA

(I guess the advantage of waitressing, to be fair, is that tips at a relatively expensive place can push it to being a little better paying than being a cashier or something, though "Cheesecake Factory" sounds almost fast food to me.)

The Cheesecake Factory is a chain restaurant but its not fast food. It's a sit down restaurant with a ginormous menu...pages and pages of more than 200 menu items to choose from. Their portions are also ridiculously large. They have a lot of locations scattered around the country. The one in downtown Chicago always has a huge wait even though they have a lot of seating and have existed for a lot of years and you would think they'd be less popular by now. But its mainly tourists that eat there even though there is probably one in their own hometown. I guess it does well because its familiar to people, it can accommodate large groups, and it has something for everyone food wise.

The thing that always throws me is how the interior is depicted on the BBT which sort of looks like a more casual sort of place to get a sandwich or salad. But in reality, the Cheesecake Factory interiors are sort of a Postmodern cheesecake like look.

http://www.prescriptivemusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/bluebacksquare-gallery-16-lg.jpg

I noticed the dining table was gone too. Poor Raj, condemned to sitting on the floor again ...

Do you think the gesture of the car is intended, by the show, to be seen as completely positive, or to have an edge of too-much, or taking advantage, or asign of an unbalanced relationship?

I have a hard time seeing it any other way than a sign of an unbalanced relationship, but I seem to be the only one here. ;)

The thing that always throws me is how the interior is depicted on the BBT which sort of looks like a more casual sort of place to get a sandwich or salad. But in reality, the Cheesecake Factory interiors are sort of a Postmodern cheesecake like look.

http://www.prescriptivemusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/bluebacksquare-gallery-16-lg.jpg

That looks exactly like the Houston one I went to about 8 years ago. Most similar style restaurant I know of in Canada is The Pickle Barrel.

A Bernadette abortion plot? Holy HELL Datepalm, you're a sicko :lol: I LLOVE it :rofl:

What, it's totally intuitive! Howard/Bernadette is by far the show's most romantic, optimistic, sentimental plotline. From wanting to be with the hot girl as this mark of weakness in Leonard to the idea that love of a good a woman maybe can fix a man in Howard. Kids are their unresolved issue, and abortion is the kind of thing that could be emotionally brutal on both of them and destroy the relationship without either of them ever being a villain or making a bad decision. What, who doesn't want to watch that? :dunno:

I have a hard time seeing it any other way than a sign of an unbalanced relationship, but I seem to be the only one here. ;)

I thought so too, but I'm not sure. I mean, it wouldn't be weird in the slightest if they were married, for example. That she can accept a big financial gesture might actually be a sign of commitment on her part.

A bit weird that the table-less corner went back to being exactly the way it was. Well, I guess maybe Sheldon put it all back obsessively.

I don't think the car was anything other than sincere. We don't get a specific look at it, Leonard says it isn't anything fancy...if he'd gotten her a sports car, and we got to see it, that would have been a sign of being unbalanced...

I don't know why but I suddenly had this future plot idea in my head...Penny will get some cool part,she'll start living her dream,she'll be surrounded with all those pretty actors and suddenly poor Lennard will yet again start looking to her like consolation prize and it will be next big obstacle to their relationship. Will Penny stay with him now that he's not the only thing that she has,now that she has other options?

Sheldon has a brother we have yet to see

Howard's father has yet to make an actual appearance other then the letter

So there is plot material available if they would be willing to exploit it. Other then a couple of moments (the James Earl Jones episode, Howard's song to Bernadette) this season feel like we are all on a plane waiting to land at some crappy Airport like I don't know what the ultimate destination is but when we get there it isn't going to be very funny anyway.

Archived