Poll Favourite Character Results!

Ours if the Fury

So you really think people only like Stannis because of Davos? You think he has not one good quality? Dany is deffs more popular amongst show than book readers. Go to reddit and you'll see the same trend, infact Stannis is way more popular over there then here and dany is thoroughly disliked/hated.

No, I'm wondering why people like him so much. I'm pretty indifferent to him and surprised that he has so many fans, and curious why so many people think he's awesome and a really good king. He has good sides but still doesn't seem like someone people would be calling da man. Since you like him, you could have answered that. And you may have noticed a tongue in cheek smiley after the 'just because of Davos' part...

I think it is partly because of Davos, just as part of the Robert love is because we see him through Ned's softened lens.

That probably has something to do with it, but Stannis fares better in that respect - Ned's POV shows a gradual disappointment in Robert, while Davos keeps putting his faith and hope in Stannis, which influences the reader to do the same. I'm guessing that the fact that he was the one exposing Joffrey etc. as bastards played the role, as well as the fact that, after the Red Wedding, he was the one real opposition to the Lannisters in Westeros, and then there's his Big Damn Heroes arrival at the Wall. So, all this helps him become the Great White Hope? An upswing in show Stannis' popularity is therefore probably to be expected after season 3.

Cheekbones I believe, ref Dinklage. There was also love for her children, but even that's debateable in the books. I thought her POVs were brilliant in Crows though.

Does Littlefinger have any morally redeeming qualities?

Its debatable.....

And even if she does, I would argue that power>>>>>her children.

And I don't think LF has any morally redeeming qualities.

Does Littlefinger have any morally redeeming qualities?

Um... I suppose he is protecting Sansa. He has ulterior motives, certainly, but she's no longer a captive of Cersei. Even then... I'm not sure.

If it's a choice between baby-sitting a spoiled eight-year-old who fondles my breasts and Littlefinger becomes a paedophile or watching Cersei rage and curse then fondle Taena's breasts and sentence everyone to death, the choice for me is clear.

I'd kill myself.

No, I'm wondering why people like him so much. I'm pretty indifferent to him and surprised that he has so many fans, and curious why so many people think he's awesome and a really good king. He has good sides but still doesn't seem like someone people would be calling da man. Since you like him, you could have answered that. And you may have noticed a tongue in cheek smiley after the 'just because of Davos' part...

Sorry i didn't notice the cheeky smiley. Well i didn't feel like answering because i thought you were a stan hater and pretty much all you say and explain to a stan-hater goes down the drain. I didn't know you had neutral feelings towards him, thats why.

That probably has something to do with it, but Stannis fares better in that respect - Ned's POV shows a gradual disappointment in Robert, while Davos keeps putting his faith and hope in Stannis, which influences the reader to do the same. I'm guessing that the fact that he was the one exposing Joffrey etc. as bastards played the role, as well as the fact that, after the Red Wedding, he was the one real opposition to the Lannisters in Westeros, and then there's his Big Damn Heroes arrival at the Wall. So, all this helps him become the Great White Hope? An upswing in show Stannis' popularity is therefore probably to be expected after season 3.

D&D seems to hate stannis after we all saw his character assassination in season 3. Here's me hoping, season 4 will be an improvement for Stan-Man.

D&D seems to hate stannis after we all saw his character assassination in season 3. Here's me hoping, season 4 will be an improvement for Stan-Man.

The show is quite bias to our stannis!!!! our king!!!

it is strange, they bring him out to have done all these murders… and that he doesn't hide the fact that him and melisandre are a 'thing'… whereas in the books its more subtle….

To be fair to the show, Stannis didn't really do anything worth a damn until the end of SoS. So maybe he will be portrayed better on screen once they get to that point.

Dude they got wrong that Edric/Gendry scene where Stannis threatens to Kill Mel if something goes wrong, they got his very last scene of the season wrong. A friend of mine thought he was a religious nutjob, till i made him read the books.

Dude they got wrong that Edric/Gendry scene where Stannis threatens to Kill Mel if something goes wrong, they got his very last scene of the season wrong. A friend of mine thought he was a religious nutjob, till i made him read the books.

Yeh !!!! his portrayal out of all the characters, bar renly … which i aint going to get into… is the worse !!! the show have done really bad there…

I am with you Stan Man!!!

I love Robert and stannis. Pretty much all the baratheons are badass motherfuckers.(except renly, he sucks) but I like Robert because he was a good guy, a cool dude, a great warrior and he knew how to party. Plus he dethroned the targs, what's not to like?

I like stannis because he's a great character. He cares for the realm and law, he is a great tactician and he will set wrongs right in westeros. The fact that he is Roberts heir also helps.

We've been over this-there are precious few characters D&D haven't ruined-you Stanstans best get in line behind the Cat and Sansa fans.

Stan Stan's do not wait in line brah brah.

<snip>

You might find an answer on one of these threads...

We've been over this-there are precious few characters D&D haven't ruined-you Stanstans best get in line behind the Cat and Sansa fans.

Im not happy with their portrayal of Sansa (esp. the wedding night) but there's so much more problems with how they handled the characterization of Cat and Stannis.

Archived