Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stubby

Small Questions v 10020

I can see him actually giving her an out at those moments, which she declines. However, now that she's starting her intership, I don't think there is an easy way out anymore.

This.

Am I the only one who thinks that Arya's life is constantly under a threat while she's in the House of Black and White?

I mean, the kindly man shows her some of the FM's secrets. When he keeps asking her if she wants to go somewhere else, but do you actually believe his words?

I can see him actually giving her an out at those moments, which she declines. However, now that she's starting her intership, I don't think there is an easy way out anymore.

I agree, I think she could have left but once she is in deep enough it will be hard to leave. They know exactly who she is after all so she can't just disappear, unless she goes back, marries Gendry and then takes on a life of a commoner, but young Lady Arya Stark belongs to them now. And I am one who doesn't think the kindly man is all that kindly(or honest).

I agree, I think she could have left but once she is in deep enough it will be hard to leave. They know exactly who she is after all so she can't just disappear, unless she goes back, marries Gendry and then takes on a life of a commoner, but young Lady Arya Stark belongs to them now. And I am one who doesn't think the kindly man is all that kindly(or honest).

I trust him more than I trust Bloodraven.

Is there anything known about Why Maekar threw Bloodraven in the dungeons and What Rebel Lord killed him?

No, one would think that they will be plot points for future D&Es.

It might (imply a meeting later), but it is great on its own. The darkest, sternest force in Westeros being infested by monkeys. Better than Stannis is a house full of whoopee cushions.

A drearier, real-life connection is to the towns being infested by monkeys in India, or , less pertinent but also less dreary, penguins body-slamming tourists in South America.

Is there anything known about Why Maekar threw Bloodraven in the dungeons and What Rebel Lord killed him?

It was discussed here in more detail. And the rebel lord might be another Blackfyre Pretender or Lord Lothston (or both). It is very likely that Maekar suffered a Blackfyre Rebellion in his reign.

ETA: added link

Nothing about this has been stated in the stories/books, but one thing we know is that Maekar felt he should have been named Hand of Aerys, instead of Bloodraven.

Although there will be a lot of information on Maekar and his sons in the World book, Maekars death, GRRM once stated, would not be in there for it would be a spoiler for the Dunk and Egg stories.

Nothing about this has been stated in the stories/books, but one thing we know is that Maekar felt he should have been named Hand of Aerys, instead of Bloodraven.

Although there will be a lot of information on Maekar and his sons in the World book, Maekars death, GRRM once stated, would not be in there for it would be a spoiler for the Dunk and Egg stories.

Oh dear. Those Maekar/Stannis comparisons are so strong.

We don't have a D&E starring the kindly man though.

But wouldn't it be cool if there was an assassination that appeared to be carried out by a FM in one of the next D&Es?

ETA: In fact it could even be carried out by a Jaqen H'gar look-alike unless thos faces spoil!

No. But there is lots of speculation. I think BR wanted to retain power through Rhaegal and his wee ones but Maekar put him down and siezed the throne for himself. That's just speculation though based on a single passage from TMK.

Later, the Imp had slipped a handful of stags to one of Darry’s serving men for the key to the cellar where the missing tapestries were hidden. He showed them to Jaime by the light of a candle, grinning; woven portraits of all the Targaryen kings, from the first Aegon to the second Aenys.

I assume that's supposed to be Aerys? Anyone know if this error is in the print copy? I doubt Jamie would forget the name of the king he killed.

So, what's up with the Meathouse Man and The Hedge Knight comics? I can only find the Kindle versions on Amazon. Please tell me I did not misunderstand, and Jet City Comics actually plans to release printed versions too D:
If so, can anyone point me toward information as to when these paper versions would be released (if such information exists)?

I assume that's supposed to be Aerys? Anyone know if this error is in the print copy? I doubt Jamie would forget the name of the king he killed.

My Kindle version has Aenys as well, probably a misprint. I don't have my paper copy handy to check. (Also, the Darry's seemed like pretty serious Targ loyalists, so it makes sense.)

ETA: Also, there was never an Aenys II Targaryen!