Which characters do you most want to hang out and drink a beer with?

Fanless Mace

Ser Lepus, on 05 Jan 2014 - 1:09 PM, said:

May I suggest that you name your baby over a character from the books?. :laugh:

You would lose and die of an ethilic shock. Medieval people literally drank alcohol instead of water because it was often contaminated and they didn't know that they could kill the germs boiling it. It has been said that most people (at least those who could afford it) spent their lives without ever being fully sober (at least while awake).

It's true that people drank beer constantly because of polluted water, but it wasn't like today's beer. The everyday stuff had very low alcohol content, so it was probably difficult for adults to get drunk from it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_beer. It would've made Miller Lite seem strong.

A lot of people think Robert Baratheon would be a fun guy to drink and hang out with, but from what we see of him in the books he seems like the guy who drinks to forget. He's a sad and depressed drunk, who gets angry easily and makes a fool of himself, not someone who drinks to lighten up and party. Maybe pre-rebellion he would drink for fun, but now he's just an alcoholic who remembers all the bad things that have happened to him in his life, reminiscing about Lyanna and all his other crap.

A lot of people think Robert Baratheon would be a fun guy to drink and hang out with, but from what we see of him in the books he seems like the guy who drinks to forget. He's a sad and depressed drunk, who gets angry easily and makes a fool of himself, not someone who drinks to lighten up and party. Maybe pre-rebellion he would drink for fun, but now he's just an alcoholic who remembers all the bad things that have happened to him in his life, reminiscing about Lyanna and all his other crap.

Idk I remember thinking him and Thoros were fun drunks

My full list for a night of drinking, smoking, and lots of deep, interesting conversation to remember:

Dolo Ed

The Reader

Septon Meribald ... and Dog of course

Lady Lemore (gotta have some beauty at the table)

And for entertainment...Penny and Tyrion performing!

Robert B is the kind of drunk asshole I would have NOTHING to do with at a bar...I'd stay as far as possible from his table, where no doubt there would be fights, curses, blood, overly macho posturing, and drunken talk so loud I can't think. No, a quieter table for me.

My full list for a night of drinking, smoking, and lots of deep, interesting conversation to remember:

Dolo Ed

The Reader

Septon Meribald ... and Dog of course

Lady Lemore (gotta have some beauty at the table)

And for entertainment...Penny and Tyrion performing!

I didn't think of Septon Meribald. Yes, I bet he knows a load of interesting stories.

Well, my list gets expanded to Lord Manderly, Tyrion, the Reader and Septon Meribald.

Archived