Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

Yeah, I totally forgot to add Dany, who looks to have quite a bit of her ADwD material in season four (Hizdahr cast; the goatherd casting).

It'll be interesting to see if S4 feels a bit better paced with more room to breathe for various storylines. The first two seasons covered around 70 chapters each while the third covered some 60. The fourth season, however, seems to encompass at most 35-40, a huge difference. We'll see.

That's most definitely Asha that Mel is talking to. Whats the deal with those guys on fire? :o

That clip gives you no more information about who Mel is talking to than the trailer did. Unless you're just seeing what you want to see.

Wildlings on fire are most likely from the Battle at Castle Black. They could be attacking the Wall and getting flaming arrows shot at them from above or they could be from the Southern attack after the barrels get blown up on the elevator lift.

That clip gives you no more information about who Mel is talking to than the trailer did. Unless you're just seeing what you want to see.

Wildlings on fire are most likely from the Battle at Castle Black. They could be attacking the Wall and getting flaming arrows shot at them from above or they could be from the Southern attack after the barrels get blown up on the elevator lift.

Well at the risk of being pedantic, the light on the back of the person's head is much clearer than in the trailer and it's clearly the same hairstyle we see from the shot of Asha in the boat. Thank you nonetheless for your condescending 'seeing what I want to see' remark.

Those was my initial thoughts as well regarding the wildlings. I get the feeling Neil Marshall will knock it out the park yet again.

Well at the risk of being pedantic, the light on the back of the person's head is much clearer than in the trailer and it's clearly the same hairstyle we see from the shot of Asha in the boat. Thank you nonetheless for your condescending 'seeing what I want to see' remark.

Those was my initial thoughts as well regarding the wildlings. I get the feeling Neil Marshall will knock it out the park yet again.

It's a female with dark hair. It's not "most definitely Yara". The dialogue that Melisandre is giving in the trailer to that person doesn't make any sense if it's Yara. Mel's responding to a reference to "Seven Hells" which is something an Ironborn person would never say.

It's a female with dark hair. It's not "most definitely Yara". The dialogue that Melisandre is giving in the trailer to that person doesn't make any sense if it's Yara. Mel's responding to a reference to "Seven Hells" which is something an Ironborn person would never say.

I'm really at a loss to who else it could be. Gilly would be the only other possible option but I doubt it very much. And as far an Ironborn not saying "Seven Hells" goes, it wouldn't be the first time the show has played loosely with the character's religions. Robb's wedding and the aforementioned Karstark thing spring to mind - not that I'm upset by this. It's just true.

This is all assuming she does actually say "Seven Hells."

What will be Theon doing besides that? Do you think Yara will get to the Dreadfort or she will be captured by Stannis? This storyline is one of the biggest deviations from the books.

Yes i believe she will be captured by Team DS, before or after she takes Dreadfort is not known. But the person Mel could be speaking can be Gilly or Shireen too. For now i think it is Asha.

Agreed. If true it will be on par with Tywin-Arya meeting in Harrenhall, in terms of deviations.

No Islander would say that... to find an Islander uttering that saying I had to look all the way to the first chapter of the first book. Theon Greyjoy, who is Yara's younger brother and an Ironborne that has been raised in the North for half his life says in that chapter:

"Seven hells"

Seven hells in Westeros is like Valar Morghulis in Essos. It's a common saying it doesn't have to be uttered by someone that believes in the seven.

I'll use a few show dialogue moments:

Arya Stark says "seven hells" when Sansa talks about marrying the prince and having his babies.

Jon Snow says "seven hells" when having to chase Ygritte into the cave of seduction.

Davos Seaworth(If I have to pick a god, fine then Stannis Baratheon is my god) says "seven hells" to Shireen when she sneaks into the dungeon to talk to him and give him her book.

Much like Rickard Karstark would never make an oath by the Father?

Kinda like Renly not eating a peach. Just a straight up mistake there. Swearing is a bit different though.

Yes i believe she will be captured by Team DS, before or after she takes Dreadfort is not known. But the person Mel could be speaking can be Gilly or Shireen too. For now i think it is Asha.

Agreed. If true it will be on par with Tywin-Arya meeting in Harrenhall, in terms of deviations.

Arya/Tywin meeting had zero long standing deviations at the end of it all and it simplified a lot of things. Yarasha getting captured this early would have about the same result as if she didn't get captured went back to the Iron Islands failed to get the Seastone Chair, went back to the Dreadfort to get captured by Stannis.

I still don't think it's her though, until I see more than one clip I'm going to assume that Yara is in 1 or 2 scenes this season. Like the last two.

I still don't think it's her though, until I see more than one clip I'm going to assume that Yara is in 1 or 2 scenes this season. Like the last two.

I would have a very hard time seeing that. She's pretty clearly set up to have a real plot this season.

Stannis dragging Yara up to the Wall makes no sense dramatically, there are far too many characters already there and she'll bring nothing to the proceedings. She'd actually stick out like a sore thumb.

The only reason you send Yara on a huge deviation like this is if you want her to interact with Ramsay and Theon, who both mentioned her on numerous occasions last season. That's the storyline she's most suited to be intermingled with.

Archived