Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

Yes. Any other place is better for her (other than perhaps with the Boltons or the Freys) than the place where she is surrounded by those responsible for her destruction of her family, who have been keeping her hostage, and have married her to one of them in order to steal her family's lands. Every day living with them and having to attend their banquets and ceremonies and look at them must be almost unbearable.

You know, this reminds me of the American Civil War. The Radical Republicans in Congress hated General George McClellan, because he was a Democrat and seemingly unwilling to confront the rebels on the battlefield. And when Bluff Ben Wade told Abraham Lincoln that McClellan had to go, Lincoln very sensibily asked who should replace him. Wade said, "Anyone." Lincoln answered, "Anyone will do for you, Wade. But I must have someone."

You know, this reminds me of the American Civil War. The Radical Republicans in Congress hated General George McClellan, because he was a Democrat and seemingly unwilling to confront the rebels on the battlefield. And when Bluff Ben Wade told Abraham Lincoln that McClellan had to go, Lincoln very sensibily asked who should replace him. Wade said, "Anyone." Lincoln answered, "Anyone will do for you, Wade. But I must have someone."

The Eyrie. Tarth. There's two right there.

I agree that it can be delayed till next season, but that will have consequences for Dany's arc (it's kind of a huge deal that Dany's ruling alone in Meereen without any good advisers, y'know).

Dany's arc was already in trouble, by Dany's own hand!

She should have fled for Westeros when the Yunkai gave her a chance..

She's wonderful. Sounds like something steamy.

It will be interesting to see Iain Glen transition to this new phase of their relationship. I think they may play the jealousy down, and focus on the angst.

If they wanted to do Jorah/Dany drama they would have started this in season 3 as per the books. The show consciously chose not to do this.

As we saw last season, we only get five minutes for Daenerys storyline each episode. We also know that there are a lot of storylines which need to be covered or which are being expanded upon. Dany/Daario romance is being moved from ADWD into this season, they're expanding Danys harsh period of rule in Mereen (which is really just a few sentences of reflection in the epilogue not a big deal as the trailer is trying to sell), we have new characters like Hidzhar being introduced, we will actually see the taking of Meereen and the violence which follows rather than a flashback, we also have Drogon eating a child and Dany caging her dragons. That is A LOT of plot to put in. They then have to set up how Jorahs spying is discovered and remind viewers what he did; it is very unlikely that they can make Danys reaction to Ian Glens Jorah not look like an over-reaction unless they make it very clear what he did. Personally I also think they will (not for the first time) lie and say that he is STILL spying on her in order for Dany to look good. But at any rate that is far too much stuff to be covered given the very finite amount of screentime GoT has for its characters to set up any kind of meaningful drama between Jorah/Dany. GRRM spent a lot of ASOS on the conflict and drama between Jorah/Dany and was actually not trying to do as much stuff as GoT is trying to do. Frankly I think that by the time they've reminded viewers about Jorahs spying and come up with a convoluted discovery he'll be pretty much out of the door very quickly.

Also, all of the promo stuff and trailers are focusing on Dany/Daario. Very unlikely they're going to make Jorah/Dany drama a big deal given all the other stuff they need to do. Maybe D&D sincerely believes that it can combine Jorahs jealousy with her being with Daario and use this to set up his exile; IMO thats unrealistic given the time constraints. Plus its convoluted, silly, stupid and is a re-write of the books purely so that they can cram ADWD material into this season.

Yeah, and Tywin's just going to stand idly by while they spirit away the key to the North?

A completely separate issue. You asked for specific places she could go (ignoring that 98% of the Seven Kingdoms would be safer than King's Landing for her).

And the way Emilia says that is great. Very confidant girl with great triceps.

I wonder how Jorah treason will be revealed. All I can think of is that he gets all flustered and tries to boast about all that he's done for her and mentions that he saved her from the poisoner when he could have let her die. That seems somewhat out of character for him, but Daario's advances could perhaps drive him to it.

The messenger boy gave him his pardon from King Robert. Assuming Jorah still has it, Dany or Barristan or someone could be looking through his things for some reason and find it. Oops.

Yeah, and Tywin's just going to stand idly by while they spirit away the key to the North?

He named you a general and now you're saying the war can't be won.

First it was Sansa is only safe with the Lannisters. And now it's only Littlefinger can spirit Sansa away.

Plus its convoluted, silly, stupid and is a re-write of the books purely so that they can cram ADWD material into this season.

I never said they were doing it right.

Here's GRRM:

But the books are plotted so intricately that you do step on a butterfly in season one and in season four you’re going to have to deal with that.

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2011/07/12/george-martin-talks-a-dance-with-dragons/

He named you a general and now you're saying the war can't be won.

First it was Sansa is only safe with the Lannisters. And now it's only Littlefinger can spirit Sansa away.

I don't think anyone argued that. I argued that Sansa was reasonably safe with Tyrion (read: not all Lannisters, but solely Tyrion). I also said that the situation she was in wasn't ideal.

I don't think anyone argued that. I argued that Sansa was reasonably safe with Tyrion (read: not all Lannisters, but solely Tyrion). I also said that the situation she was in wasn't ideal.

Sansa doesn't want anything to do with: 1) Tyrion 2) Any Lannisters 3) Kings Landing 4) Casterly Rock 5) There's a pattern here, let's see... The Lannisters.

Show and books. "I have to marry him... He's a Lannister." She also said he was a dwarf, and said she'd never want him to his face, but apart from that...

She's been planning to escape - they showed her planning to escape with Littlefinger, and crying when she realized it was too late, he was gone, and she had to marry Tyrion.

Also, she wasn't safe, not with him, not with any Lannister, that's what others have been arguing.

So again, we're back to "What does Sansa want?" and that's to get away from the Lannisters.

At this point, with her mother dead, her uncle a hostage, her great uncle missing, her home a ruin, is there a better place for her than King's Landing? Once Cersei wants her head, that will be another matter.

I'm not argueing that it was a good situation for Sansa to be in, but in the moment of the war, it was the best position for her to be in, actually.

Sansa doesn't want anything to do with: 1) Tyrion 2) Any Lannisters 3) Kings Landing 4) Casterly Rock 5) There's a pattern here, let's see... The Lannisters.

Show and books. "I have to marry him... He's a Lannister." She also said he was a dwarf, and said she'd never want him to his face, but apart from that...

She's been planning to escape - they showed her planning to escape with Littlefinger, and crying when she realized it was too late, he was gone, and she had to marry Tyrion.

So again, we're back to "What does Sansa want?" and that's to get away from the Lannisters.

But that wasn't what we were discussing!!!

We were discussing Jaime's arc on the show and how it would be explained that he doesn't get Sansa out before Joff's wedding.

The big difference is that when Jaime arrives in KL in the books, Sansa is gone, and Jaime can't return her to her family (any living family at all) because he doesn't know where she is. But in the show, when Jaime arrives in KL, Sansa is still there.

So the question was: how are they going to solve Jaime and Brienne not getting Sansa out of KL before she disappears during Joff's wedding?

The reasoning was that according to Jaime Sansa would be rather safe in Tyrions care, because Sansa's other options would be the missing Brynden, the crazy Lysa, or the dead Catelyn and Robb.

You must be joking? Most rulers would have executed him. Spies don't often meet good ends once discovered.

Yeah, anyone else, would have done worse to Jorah.

And from the books, he didn't do this:

He should be humbler. He should beg for my forgiveness.

Also, she wasn't safe, not with him, not with any Lannister, that's what others have been arguing.

But no one denied that Sansa would like to be somewhere else. Except what Sansa wants was not the topic of the debate. The topic was what would Jaime and Brienne do, given the different timeline compared to the books.

And many posters believe that Jaime and Brienne may not see any possibility to take her anywhere else. Or they may not even want to take her anywhere else since Jaime may be convinced that at the moment she is safest with Tyrion and Brienne may see it as unreasonable to take the young lady through wartime without any immediate need to do so. After the murder of Joffrey though the situation would be totally different: Jaime and Brienne may try to find her and to take her out since then indeed any place would be better. But Sansa might either refuse them or will be already gone.

Nobody has argued that Sansa is happy at KL or happy as Tyrion's wife at the moment. Only there might be no reasonable alternative.

This is interesting, too, from Shae/Tyrion first scene:

Shae: And what do I get?

Tyrion: One, safety. No one will hurt you for as long as you are mine.

He hurt Shae by bringing her to Kings Landing. His father warned him not to bring her there. He did anyway. He refused to go away with her, when she asked, repeatedly. Shae told Tyrion not to marry Sansa: "Your father doesn't rule the world." He married her anyway. The marriage was an act of war, and Sansa is a prisoner. She is determined to escape. Tyrion can't even protect himself from Joffrey. Sansa is clearly in danger, every minute she's in Kings Landing. And... she's in yet more danger after staying there (and the audience will see that). Across three seasons of brutality and suffering, viewers see the obvious, that Sansa sees, she is not safe with the Lannisters.

Archived