How angry are you when you see someone texting in a movie theatre ? or when they throw popcorn at you ?

Gneisenau

I can't say I've ever had someone throw their popcorn at me, but it makes me mad when people text in the cinema, especially if they're sitting beside me and the bright light shines on my face :box: :bang:

I probably wouldn't shoot them though, considering guns are REALLY hard to get where I live. The only people who have guns are trained hunters and police officers.

What possesses a guy to shoot someone over something so trivial? Fucking pathetic. This ex-cop idiot should have known better, had better restraint, and deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of Floridas laws. I mean, I wouldn't even bother arguing with someone texting during a movie, they obviously aren't going to give a shit. Absolutely stupid

I can't say I've ever had someone throw their popcorn at me, but it makes me mad when people text in the cinema, especially if they're sitting beside me and the bright light shines on my face :box: :bang:

I probably wouldn't shoot them though, considering guns are REALLY hard to get where I live. The only people who have guns are trained hunters and police officers.

That article fails to mention it, but the movie hadn´t even started yet.

That article fails to mention it, but the movie hadn´t even started yet.

Yeah, that's what brings this whole thing down.

I mean, once the movies started, sure, homicide becomes justifiable. But before the movie? Totally unacceptable.

Of course, the fact that he shot him is also problematic. That's far too noisy and distracting for the other people who are just trying to watch the movie. Just quickly and most importantly quietly slit the guys throat or something and then get back to the movie.

Reeves' personnel files from the police department show he led other agencies in gun safety training and received numerous letters of commendation for his leadership.

Oh Florida gun culture.

I am not sure about Florida law, but they could have laws on the books that make it justifiable homicide...

For example... if it is over 100 degrees here in Texas, and the air conditioning goes out in your trailer you can shoot someone that takes your last Lone Star beer.

There has been a push to expand that law to include Shiner Bock, but as for now, it is only Lone Star...

Yeah, that's what brings this whole thing down.

I mean, once the movies started, sure, homicide becomes justifiable. But before the movie? Totally unacceptable.

Of course, the fact that he shot him is also problematic. That's far too noisy and distracting for the other people who are just trying to watch the movie. Just quickly and most importantly quietly slit the guys throat or something and then get back to the movie.

What about the gurgling though? Surely that's bad? Smothering perhaps? A sleeper hold till he passes out?

You know what let me rephrase. It's clear the shooter's attorney is going to push for a "stand your ground" defense. It just turns my stomach because it is so clearly unjustified based upon the facts we have right now.

As a member of the court you must realize that a defense attorney when faced with a client clearly so fucked they must throw out whatever stupid and baseless defense they can dream up in an attempt to unfuck the accused.

That is the justice system at work!

This is your thing, Scot. These idiot attorneys are sadly of your extended peer group.

I worry you are too much the gentleman rebel to truly be amongst the league of attorneys. This I say with compliment.

MC,

You aren't the first to say that. In law school someone labeled my "Ser Scot Attorney at Equity". Stupid obvious bullshit from lawyers tends to piss me off. My wife, also an attorney (who has surrendered her license to stay home with our kids), always says to me "but that is what we do".

It bothers me it really does.

Archived