TTTNE #415: The Thread of Scampering

felice

Didn't realise the new thread was up :P

So here was my last post again.

Sleepy Bear is sleepy.

So I just realized I've been sitting at 209 posts for a few days now....

Pretty sure I've posted more than zero times in the last two days. Or maybe I'm dead!? Maybe I'm a ghost!!? Or worse, I've lost my MIND!!!

Posts in Forum Games don't get counted.

*puts Sleepy Bear in a featherbed and tucks him in with a hunneybear bottle with a little whiskey mixed in*

*puts on some quiet music and reads Sleepy Bear some Dany chapters*

*kisses Sleepy Bear on the forehead and sneaks out to go dancing while he is sleeping*

*leaves some Shock Top Chocolate Wheat on THE SNACK COUNTER OF REQUIREMENT*

Phew, big catchup!!!

BWB meet was awesome, so good to catch up with everyone.

end of Last thread, I got Snow White in the Princess quiz, so it must be flawed, Lany and Buck didn't get her!

Bucky said, "When I grow up, I will be just like Gillio and Lany.". Me too, still waiting to grow up!!!

I suggest drawing, painting, writing a book, learning the guitar, piano, model planes, kenpo karate, running, ice skating, soccer, archery...anything that will exercise your mind and body and make you happy with yourself and with your accomplishments. Plus, you'd be surprised how many friends you can make while being involved in those type of activities. When I was in your shoes (or at least I think I was, I don't know the whole story) I took up the guitar and wrote two books (one was awful and needs a rewrite). But it was a great outlet for the end of long term relationship, heartache, and feeling alone. And I was surprised to find out how many people truly cared about me who had been around me the whole time. Sometimes it's just a matter of seeking them out.

And if you don't have a job (not sure of your age), get one when you can. Make some cash, but more importantly, make friends. I made so many friends at work growing up that I am still friends with today. If it's your first job, and you can, I highly encourage working at a movie theater. Lots of fun, popcorn, and free movies.

I guess the key is, stay busy! Finding yourself makes it easier to find the friends you truly want to spend your time with.

Good advice. Wally, If the folks around you got to know you like we have, they'd like you too, its just a bit harder in real life i think.

I second discussing all this with your folks. (as calmly as you can)

Morning every, how're you? :)

Anyway, thank you to everyone for their helpful advice, i admit i haven't talked to my parents about my issues, and i really don't know why i've delayed telling them. :(

Sometimes its hard to put it into spoken words, for me at least. Maybe show them some of the discussions we've all had with you?

Zar, how is your rat Princess? :P

Wendy is napping in her sequins. Her visit to Will wore her out.

This grill is AMAZING! Its not one of those inside grills with no cover. This is a real grill with a complete cover and temp controls. It can be totally disassembled and only the grill pan has to be hand-washed. The beautiful thing is that the grill pops right off for cleaning (unlike that George Foreman where the plates are fixed). Pops said he was jealous; he went to buy 2 of them (one for me and one for him), but there was only one left. I took precedence :smug:

Watched 'True Detective'. Totally wonderful!

Maintenance stopped by and it turns out that both of my pilot lights were out (the heater and the hot water). Good thing that I don't smoke in the house! So now I have hot water again and the furnace is blowing warm air :)

Have the new cast iron skillet seasoning in the oven.

Emmit speaks wisely.

I know IRC chat is the easiest way to access a chat channel, but is there any reason that we can't chat here ? Once you do the initial sign up at yuku, it isn't any harder to access than IRC chat is.

I feel lonely and left out.

*kicks at gravel with the toe of her sneaker*

Good morning folks. *belch :grouphug:

This is my robot chicken gummy bear.

"Goodness, I taste delicious!"

nom nom nom. You do dear bear.

no offence buddy but i'll throw you under a bus for her :D

I expected no less from you. :cheers:

You think you hug better than me or something!!!!!

Of course. Who like hairy hugs anyway :lol:

I changed my name again

<-------------------- :D

I think I'm missing the reference. :ohwell:

Hi, I am new, you know, and don't know everybody. But

Congrats on the win! My first thought, however, was an homage to Robin on How I Met Your Mother

NOBODY ASKED YOU FELICE!

Hehehe (and sorry if that joke has been done before (or to death))

Oh heavens, call!

Good job!

To Wally.

I don't know you, you don't know me. But I gather you are still in high school? If this is true, then I feel I cannot stay quiet.

High school sucks. It is hell. And when you are in it, it seems like it is the center of the universe and will last forever.

And then you go to college. Where you discover that no one cares if,

you are fat

you are in shape

you are nerdy

you are cool

you are musical

you are athletic

you are theatrical

you are brainy

you are artistic

you are logical

you are introverted

you are extraverted

you are gay

you are bi

you are straight

you are some traditional religion

you are some alternative religion

you are into no religion

you are into country music

you are into opera

you are into pop

you are poor

you are rich

you are the weirdest weirdo who ever weirded, or

you are the most normal guy ever.

(However, college - just like the internet - will care if you are a republican. Just tell them you are a libertarian instead.)

Why? Because there are a group of kids at college just like you. A big group.

Finally, all those kids who seem to have it together? They got their own problems man. They really do. They just hide them better.

My apologies if I stepped over the line.

Wow, that was great of you Emmit. :cheers: Now where did that Walrus go? WALLYYY,....

I know IRC chat is the easiest way to access a chat channel, but is there any reason that we can't chat here ? Once you do the initial sign up at yuku, it isn't any harder to access than IRC chat is.

I feel lonely and left out.

*kicks at gravel with the toe of her sneaker*

I would be down to convert :)

Of course. Who like hairy hugs anyway :lol:

More than you know :D

Good Morning to Eyron and AK

Good Night from me, I'm off to bed

I also wanna say Happy Birthday to my dear long lost twin Atropis The Elf, Wherever you are :drunk:

Every morning I reluctantly carry my arse to the metro station and let it take me to this land of morose tedium I'm sitting currently in. :lol: Soon I'll need a change. Soon I'll have it. Soon.

:lmao:

Same here, apart from soon having a change. I have started looking at new jobs but have no idea what will come of it.

Archived