TTTNE #415: The Thread of Scampering

felice

TC I hope you're not braving the city today... the weather sounds unpleasant.

I have the name and phone number he gave on the voice mail, although I'm not sure if they are real. The area code is from California so I tried googling his name and California with no result.

Um, why don't you notify it if you think he sounded serious? It might be worth it. You can claim you have no viable way of confirming his identity but a service of sort might be able to do somethign?

I have the name and phone number he gave on the voice mail, although I'm not sure if they are real. The area code is from California so I tried googling his name and California with no result.

I think I would notify some authorities, but I am not sure who. Call a non-emergency number of the police and let them know. Was it possible to "star 69" him to get the number (or a call log to see where he actually called from)?

Thanks for the support. :)

TC I hope you're not braving the city today... the weather sounds unpleasant.

Um, why don't you notify it if you think he sounded serious? It might be worth it. You can claim you have no viable way of confirming his identity but a service of sort might be able to do somethign?

Yes, I'm in the city. The weather is pretty nasty, but I'll be ok.
Who do I notify?
ETA: No way of *69, but I think I'll see if I can call non-emergency number.

I think I would notify some authorities, but I am not sure who.

Maybe try the Samaritans or any equivalent there might be in your area? They presumably deal with calls like that all the time, and should know what response is appropriate.

I still don't get it.

Understanding is a three-edged sword. You posted "and so it begins" which is a memorable Babylon 5 quote (obviously that's not the only place those words are used, but it's what I immediately think of when I hear them); I followed up with a modification of "there is a hole in your mind", another B5 quote. Both quotes feature in the opening credits of season 5 (the video I linked to). The thread title is a reference to "We will meet in Red Three at the hour of scampering."

Whaaaa???? Who missed out? Tell me I have one very special :leer: and two :kiss: :kiss: to share :)

Thanks 8) I was feeling a bit :whip:-deprived...

Maybe try the Samaritans or any equivalent there might be in your area? They presumably deal with calls like that all the time, and should know what response is appropriate.

You posted "and so it begins" which is a memorable Babylon 5 quote (obviously that's not the only place those words are used, but it's what I immediately think of when I hear them); I followed up with a modification of "there is a hole in your mind", another B5 quote. Both quotes feature in the opening credits of season 5 (the video I linked to). The thread title is a reference to "We will meet in Red Three at the hour of scampering."

Thanks 8) I was feeling a bit :whip:-deprived...

we have those too :)

:whip:

Does it sting your heart? :P

The sting I really like is this one :)

Congrats on the win Felice! :cheers:

TC, I would call the non-emergency number to your police department and give them the information and let them follow up. That's their job. Your responsibility stops with giving them the contact information that he left and voicing your concern about the message. They should be able to figure out if its a crank call or not.

Missed the race to go do my birthday with my family :) My mom and dad got me an indoor grill that is actually big enough to cook a meal on (all I have is one-serving sized George Foreman) and Sis got me some K-cups. Michael's had art supplies on sale for 50% off so I got a larger size water color paper to practice my gouache on and a HUGE field drawing board for my table easel :) I'm halfway tempted to get a floor easel while they are on sale also...

Koba!!!!!! I've been keeping some guests down in the dungeon for you...

eta...and Sis made me a carrot and mayonnaise cake out of a 1950's recipe book that I got her for Christmas. It was DELICIOUS! Just like Grandma used to make :drool:

TC: that is quite a disturbing phone call. I would definitely try to reach the man and definitely contact some sort of mental health agency.

Felice: Congratulations on the win. Some day I will win a race .... until then, I will celebrate yours! :cheers: and :grouphug:

Koba!!!!!! I've been keeping some guests down in the dungeon for you...

Missed the race to go do my birthday with my family :) My mom and dad got me an indoor grill that is actually big enough to cook a meal on (all I have is one-serving sized George Foreman) and Sis got me some K-cups. Michael's had art supplies on sale for 50% off so I got a larger size water color paper to practice my gouache on and a HUGE field drawing board for my table easel :) I'm halfway tempted to get a floor easel while they are on sale also...

Those are all nice gifts, good for you. Give me the grill, you can keep the rest. :lol: *ahem

TC: that is quite a disturbing phone call. I would definitely try to reach the man and definitely contact some sort of mental health agency.

Felice: Congratulations on the win. Some day I will win a race .... until then, I will celebrate yours! :cheers: and :grouphug:

Cat, what is that on your av, I've been wondering.

Archived