TTTNE #415: The Thread of Scampering

felice

There is nothing to misunderstand where is nothing to understand. There is nothing to understand where is nothing to misunderstand.

You can misunderstand that there is something to understand. You can also understand that there is nothing to misunderstand. Here, I beat you. Now you have to post hourly till I say enough :P

I spent four hours at Starbucks reading shit, then I went to the library to get more shit to read, then came home and carried on reading shit. Now I truly need a big break for a fine monster post.

New thread. Already. Wow. Congrats on the win to Felice! :commie:

I won't quote, but I've been lurking you guys when I felt like I couldn't take another page of this shit, so...

#StarWars,

Jar Jar Binks is sweet and hilarious. I don't care what the internet says, I love him. I also like the ewoks they are like baby bears, incredibly fluffy and funny and adorable. C3PO gets on my nerves more often than not, however. Han Solo is awesome. For one, Harrison Ford is a badass, good looking space bandit, and Han vs Leia is about the best part of the old Star Wars movies. R2D2 and Darth Vader and Yoda follow up. I love Yoda too. He's awesome. And Amidala is awesome too, whatever the internet says.

#GMM's need of a son,

I've had that since I was 16. By 19 I realized that I'll need a husband first and that's not nearly as easy as I hoped it would be at 16, but when I see a lady with a screaming baby in a shop the thought that IWANTABABY always hits me again *.* Well. One day.

#Missing Atropis,

Where is she? :bawl: I miss Atropis too :bawl:

#Walrus and being a teen,

I think this is somewhat natural no matter how unpleasant it may be. Everybody goes through a period like this during adolescence. It'll pass with time and you'll learn a lot from this period. You'll find out who are the people you can count on and you'll learn a great deal about yourself, because it'll bring out your priorities as the dark clouds slowly dissolve. They will obviously change throughout life, but base your grown up morals (at least it was like that for me). When you feel angry and hurt, don't repress or keep those feelings inside, but also, it's not good to entirely devote yourself to the negative feelings, so - I don't remember who suggested it, but it was smart - try and find something that'll occupy you and take your mind off of things so you can enjoy life. And don't worry, it'll pass. This used to be my everyday song to listen to when I was in this phase of teenage years.

From my side: :stillsick: :stillsick: :stillsick: I'm just not fit for this. I mean, I'm interested in sociology, I find it cool and intriguing, and I actually enjoy reading these articles and publications. But I'm unable to put my own objective and scientific writing together. And the emphasis is on objective and scientific, because I'd absolutely be able to put an opinion based, everyday stuff together. I should so study journalism. :bang: Tantrum off, it'll take some sugar and coffee, but we'll get there. I can totally do this, I've done worse shit than this.

So... my math teacher used to say that statistics can prove everything as well as the opposite of everything. This is so true. And you know, these articles are totally not scientific at all. All authors have a preconception and a general opinion and then rally statistics and researches that provide data that can be interpreted as to support their preconception and sell it as a scientific achievement. I'm serious. There's this liberal article that goes on about how we are traditional assholes who aren't as modern and flexible enough and put this table into my face that says how 84% of my country thinks that giving birth to a child is an essential part of a woman's life and how that's the highest among the countries shown in the table. Then. I read this other article which is more on the conservative side that puts the exact same research into my face, only with the data of different countries, and voila, we become average, because guess what, Russia and Georgia got higher percents (86 and 87% or so). Btw, I finally found an author who has absolutely amazing articles, they are very enjoyable and a completely new point of view and I can totally agree with it, so that was good. The whole thing would be okay, if I didn't have to write a thesis, just read all this stuff :rofl:

Odie's username and av is great *.*

And welcome Steve Stark.

And 20+ sec :grouphug: to everybody.

You can also understand that there is nothing to misunderstand.

Actually, you cannot. You can only misunderstand it. Otherwise it would be some kind of the liar paradox.

Edit: Or perhaps not.

Here, I beat you.

Here, we have the liar.

Edit: We do, but actually the liar did not lie. Perhaps.

till I say enough :P

And here we have a paradox. You are fameous of not telling enough. Never enough. Surprisingly some may have enough of it.

Edit: no, no edit.

Update: I went home from work early because of the snowstorm and brought the name and number with me so that I could call it. It's a magic jack number but noone picked up. My husband then called non-emergency number and they patched him through to the emergency number, who took down some information and said "someone will be over", I guess to ask questions. *sigh*

Actually, you cannot. You can only misunderstand it. Otherwise it would be some kind of the liar paradox.

Yes, you can. If you couldn't, you could not have made a statement you made first, unless you are circumstancing that statement with a stipulation that a human conciousness is not able to percieve nothingness, which should be true, but it would collapse on itself in your logics and make your statement entirely irrelevant, putting you back to my previous argument being the right one.

Here, we have the liar.

Better The Liar than a liar :ninja: Though neither is true.

And here we have a paradox. You are fameous of not telling enough. Never enough. Surprisingly some may have enough of it.

I don't suppose you are serious. If you are, have my attention to you refering to yourself as "some" :P But what is "telling enough" though?

That is a LOT of spam for one afternoon.

Congrats felice! :cheer:

So there is this party at the dance school on Saturday, after the performance. I would like to go and try to have some nice time, but my both best friends from the dance school are not interested. And I do not want to go not knowing anybody else closely (not even sure if the rest plan to go). :angry:

I have not been studying enough today, but, uh, whatever. :P Will do better tomorrow.

Monster multiquote:

I think I first saw you in an Eragon thread (I think it was you) where we were the the only ones who seemed to like it. And now I don't like it much either, I've lost count at how many times I've tried to read the last one.

Yep that was me!

I actually managed to get through the last one too, but I am probably not repeating that. ;)

I changed my name again

<--------------------

:thumbsup: Excellent!

(retreating to ominous hovering over the forum)

You are creepy. :uhoh:

#StarWars,

Jar Jar Binks is sweet and hilarious. I don't care what the internet says, I love him. I also like the ewoks they are like baby bears, incredibly fluffy and funny and adorable. C3PO gets on my nerves more often than not, however. Han Solo is awesome. For one, Harrison Ford is a badass, good looking space bandit, and Han vs Leia is about the best part of the old Star Wars movies. R2D2 and Darth Vader and Yoda follow up. I love Yoda too. He's awesome. And Amidala is awesome too, whatever the internet says.

C3PO is on the thin line between funny and annoying for me too. I do not like Han Solo though. Yoda and Amidala are obviously awesome.

Here, we have the liar.

Edit: We do, but actually the liar did not lie. Perhaps.

Now I miss the friend Liar from the forum. :( Liar Liar, where are you?

so microsoft decided to unleash the murderous clown philosopher upon Westeros. God help us all.

And may the Force be with you.

Update: I went home from work early because of the snowstorm and brought the name and number with me so that I could call it. It's a magic jack number but noone picked up. My husband then called non-emergency number and they patched him through to the emergency number, who took down some information and said "someone will be over", I guess to ask questions. *sigh*

Good. You did what you could. :grouphug:

Yes, you can. If you couldn't, you could not have made a statement you made first, unless you are circumstancing that statement with a stipulation that a human conciousness is not able to percieve nothingness, which should be true, but it would collapse on itself in your logics and make your statement entirely irrelevant, putting you back to my previous argument being the right one.

My head hurts just trying to understand you two. :blink:

Looks like the winds will be picking up and the snow is the powdery type so there is a warning for blowing snow and near white out conditions.

It is looking like there might not be school tomorrow..a 5 day weekend. wow.

TC :grouphug: you did what you could. I hope the gentleman gets help

Actually my whole point was about the irrelevance. I believe understanding and misunderstanding to be the two sides of one coin. Where there is a logical impossibility of the former, there is - automatically - logical impossibility of the latter (and vice versa). Unfortunatelly I tried to mix it up with a different usage of words, and, to be honest, entangled myself a bit.

I don't suppose you are serious. If you are, have my attention to you refering to yourself as "some" :P But what is "telling enough" though?

I am, but in one sense only, not the other. 'Telling enough' - it depends of a particular 'some'. Some 'some' may use it like "you've told enough, i do not want to hear any more of it", but different kind of 'some': "you've told enough, now I understand completely, and know everything of any value about it".

grammar, grammar, grammar and clarity

Saga Vol. 1 and Vol.2 Will be purchased tmmrw my friend, Hope Work goes well.:D

*Happy Giddy Dance*. Yayyyyyy!!! I wil stop pestering you about it now :D Just Know that I have had 2 dreams about Prince Robot IV :uhoh:

I have the name and phone number he gave on the voice mail, although I'm not sure if they are real. The area code is from California so I tried googling his name and California with no result.

California. Naturally. I'm glad that you contacted authorities and hopefully it will be sorted out quickly :)

:grouphug:

Congrats Felice :cheers:

And a hearty welcome to Emmit and Steve!!!

TC... :grouphug:

Will foo-fooed my dog. She came home perfumed with a damned SEQUINED pink scarf on. I was going to say something and Will wagged his finger and said 'Uh-Uh. I fit her in, my day for my vision.'. At least he skipped the nail polish :lol:

Stopped and picked up some professional grade cookware :) I now have some bad-ass spatulas, a steamer cover and a 'me' sized cast iron skillet. Let's cook :pimp:

Rhae...you can do this. The point of a thesis is to draw your own conclusion from research. For example, I did one once on the decline in American Crocodile populations and drew the conclusion that man was not totally responsible for the declining populations and that the salinity of the ocean had its own part to play. I wish I had published that crap, because now everyone knows that :p Your position IS your opinion, you are just using data to support it, the same as those other writers are doing.

Hi, I am new, you know, and don't know everybody. But

Since I won the last race with a Babylon 5 misquote, we may as well continue in that vein 8)

Congrats on the win! My first thought, however, was an homage to Robin on How I Met Your Mother

NOBODY ASKED YOU FELICE!

Hehehe (and sorry if that joke has been done before (or to death))

I have the name and phone number he gave on the voice mail, although I'm not sure if they are real. The area code is from California so I tried googling his name and California with no result.

Oh heavens, call!

Good job!

To Wally.

I don't know you, you don't know me. But I gather you are still in high school? If this is true, then I feel I cannot stay quiet.

High school sucks. It is hell. And when you are in it, it seems like it is the center of the universe and will last forever.

And then you go to college. Where you discover that no one cares if,

you are fat

you are in shape

you are nerdy

you are cool

you are musical

you are athletic

you are theatrical

you are brainy

you are artistic

you are logical

you are introverted

you are extraverted

you are gay

you are bi

you are straight

you are some traditional religion

you are some alternative religion

you are into no religion

you are into country music

you are into opera

you are into pop

you are poor

you are rich

you are the weirdest weirdo who ever weirded, or

you are the most normal guy ever.

(However, college - just like the internet - will care if you are a republican. Just tell them you are a libertarian instead.)

Why? Because there are a group of kids at college just like you. A big group.

Finally, all those kids who seem to have it together? They got their own problems man. They really do. They just hide them better.

My apologies if I stepped over the line.

Archived