Game of Thrones Featurette Due February 9

Westeros

I always thought Sansa's hair was too red. I picture auburn as mostly brown with strong red highlights.

I noticed a caption for the wedding scenes - the Purple Reign. I assume it is a shoutout to the purple wedding, but would there be another reason to call it this that I'm not seeing? I also thought Tywin's coat looked more purple than crimson - a nice touch.

It's a punny reference to Prince's song (and movie!) Purple Rain.

...And yeah, TV Sansa's hair is too red (Catelyn's is probably closer to auburn), but Sansa is usually pictured as having red hair in any event, as she has in the Amoka portrait. I saw some pages from the GOT graphic novel, which (at least in the pages I saw) seemed to show her hair as being more of a maroon colour--intended to be auburn, I guess--as opposed to a straight red.

It may also indicate that they're accelerating Dany's story in order to fit the battle of Mereen into season 5, which i devoutly hope they will have the wisdom to do.

I don't think it'll go that far.

We'll probably have her riding Drogon in the fighting pits (or meeting the Khalasar) as her last scene in Season 5.

if you notice ramsay doesn't have his shirt on so I assume he was cut by myrannda. Looks like she turned on him and he his going to get reek so he can come along for the hunt with his dogs/ bitches. He actually excited because he enjoys when they fight back that's how you get your name on one of his dogs.

He is not cut up in the shot, that is blood spatter on his chest from him butchering someone

Did anyone notice the Illyrio look-alike at the Oberyn-Gregor fight?

Look closer to Oberyn here, between the 2 Lannister soldiers closest to him.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/265e403571238168c7b5bb83fb6314df/tumblr_n0rf8cZQg91r9h4heo1_1280.jpg

Then from season 1:

http://www.gameof-thrones.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/illyrio1.jpg

If nothing else you've exposed the fact that they are clearly too cheap to through out the old wardrobe!

Did anyone notice the Illyrio look-alike at the Oberyn-Gregor fight?

Look closer to Oberyn here, between the 2 Lannister soldiers closest to him.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/265e403571238168c7b5bb83fb6314df/tumblr_n0rf8cZQg91r9h4heo1_1280.jpg

Then from season 1:

http://www.gameof-thrones.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/illyrio1.jpg

I dont think so

I am giddy.

There is so much to digest. So there won't be a episode 9 "big stuff happening" this season. That's what I got from it.

I am in love with Drogon. He looks like he will be terrifying.

Ice. I am so heart broken over Ice.

The Red Viper... Just seems perfect at the moment. I guess we'll see how all the new characters work out during the show.

But this has definitely gotten my hopes up.

Count Down Clock http://www.gameofthronescountdown.com/#stark

I don't think it'll go that far.

We'll probably have her riding Drogon in the fighting pits (or meeting the Khalasar) as her last scene in Season 5.

You'd hope not. Who wants 3 whole seasons in Mereen? Accelerate the Essos storyline as much as possible I say, dragging it out will just make for poor TV and detract from the value of the show.

[link]http://tinyurl.com/kmb8ppt[/link]

Alayne listening in on the newlyweds making sweet love?

Could well be, good pick.

Couple of things that I haven't seen mentioned here yet:

-Clear confirmation of Arya dusting Polliver in the opening minute (although that was pretty much confirmed by the shots of her with Needle in other trailers).

-Also the shot of Arya riding the horse by herself with a little smile is presumably after leaving the Hound for dead seeing as he's nowhere to be seen

-Grenn and a couple other NW guys are behind the gate where the Giant is trying to break through under the Wall. So either he plays the Donal Noye role and gets taken out killing the giant or someone else comes and sacrifices himself instead (or they change it up and Green kills the giant but doesn't die, far less likely IMO)

-You can see Grenn and Edd walking behind Jon in the tunnels (presumably in the preparations before the battle comes to them)

-Grenn is also with Jon at Craster's in the group of NW guys fighting the mutineers outside. So this may mean that Grenn and Edd get back to Castle Black in between seasons or at the start of this season and they're the ones who tell Jon about what's going on at Craster's.

-Based on a lot of the shots in this featurette, I have it at even odds that Jon gets elected Lord Commander before the Battle even starts. It may not be the case but he seems to be doing a lot of LC type stuff in these shots

-Jaime looks to definitely be taking the place of Kevan in the role of Tyrion's counsel in the Black cells during the trial. Multiple shots of them conversing there and at the trial. Also, we do get a shot of Jaime helping Tyrion through the tunnels as well.

-Looks like they did have Sansa and LF stop off at the Fingers given the shot of her in the little room with the little bed. Getting to listen to LF and Lysa bang should be a highlight of the season

-Jon heading on horseback by himself through the tunnels in the Wall might be him going over to treat with Mance before Stannis shows up

-I'm very interested in how far they're taking Brienne's AFFC story. It sounds like she's going to run into Rorge and Biter based on what she's saying about the ear. If that's the case, it begs a couple questions? Would Gendry show up with the BwB at that point like he does in the books? I suppose he could say he never made it to KL and searched them out again instead. Or they could not bother with Gendry at all this season but if he's going to re-join the BwB, it would have to be by the point where Brienne runs into them. And if they are doing that in order to get her to LS for the final scene of the season as some have speculated, that would mean we probably skip the Quiet Isle and you don't get any of the Hound reveal as he's just at the point of being left for dead by Arya. I would be very shocked if they flew completely through all of Brienne's AFFC material this season just so they could do the Stoneheart reveal.

-Shot of Ygritte putting a sword/spear through some random woman's gut. I think this is in Moletown as it looks like all those daytime Wildling attack shots are from them coming there and wiping everyone out. Also Tormund confirmed to be part of the raid on Castle Black from the South along with the Thenns.

-Everyone's already said it but the shot of Drogon rising over the pit with the little kid is fucking terrifying. That is world-class CGI.

Another thing I noticed is that Meera, Bran and Hodor in their respective actors' talking head segments all had makeup showing cuts on their faces. I'm wondering what that's about.

I'm probably projecting my hopes here but is that a lock of brown hair on Sansa's left shoulder at 10:28?

The shot of her at 0:13-0:14 (the same one from the promos) clearly shows her with red hair.

Another thing I noticed is that Meera, Bran and Hodor in their respective actors' talking head segments all had makeup showing cuts on their faces. I'm wondering what that's about.

I don't think they got handed all that Obsidian hardware by Sam in the finale last season for no reason.

There were also rumours about Bran and co being captured while venturing past Craster's and Jon's inadvertent rescue being the thing that got them free (echoing yet another near miss for Jon and Bran).

I tend to think that they'll have a serious encounters with Walkers/Wights and we'll either finally get Coldhands or the Children of the Forest girl who was cast will help them escape.

Archived