R + L = J v 70

Stubby

Lol Sean Bean may be handsome but he has absolutely nothing on Kit Harington or Orlando Bloom!

And in my head, book! Jon trumps show!Jon!

Agreed on Jon.

I will say if they ever cast Brandon Stark, Taylor Kitch would be good.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bqjj9Hy-WwI/TgR1Sz7vFWI/AAAAAAAACSA/mjVPsZmwh0c/s1600/Taylor-Kitsch.jpg

Leggy never really worked for me but Kit Harrington was a good choice, looks-wise. But I'd take younger Sean Bean any day (e.g. as Sharpe), Kit is a boy, Sean is a man :P

Have you seen him in the trailer for "Pompeii"?

Gone is the baby face, and HELLO "Mr. Six Pack abs." :D

Agreed on Jon.

I will say if they ever cast Brandon Stark, Taylor Kitch would be good.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bqjj9Hy-WwI/TgR1Sz7vFWI/AAAAAAAACSA/mjVPsZmwh0c/s1600/Taylor-Kitsch.jpg

Leggy never really worked for me but Kit Harrington was a good choice, looks-wise. But I'd take younger Sean Bean any day (e.g. as Sharpe), Kit is a boy, Sean is a man :P

Ladies, ladies, ladies....

Men are not just objects of desire. We have feelings too. ;) Look into our souls and not just at our abs.

Ladies, ladies, ladies....

Men are not just objects of desire. We have feelings too. ;) Look into our souls and not just at our abs.

Isn't that where the soul lives? :shocked:

Ygrain and Alia -- I would've said I agreed with Ygrain on Sean vs Kit a few days ago, until I saw that trailer! :cool4:

:lol:

Isn't that where the soul lives? :shocked:

Ygrain and Alia -- I would've said I agreed with Ygrain on Sean vs Kit a few days ago, until I saw that trailer! :cool4:

:lol:

:thumbsup:

Lady Gwyn. Shame on you. ;) Men are more than just a piece of meat.

Oh not to worry, we love your delicate souls, :wideeyed: ( and I actually don't mind a little "paunch" as long as it's accompanied by a sense of humor).

I was merely pointing out the, ahem, "elevated" look :leer: Harrington has achieved for himself.

:bowdown:

Nope. Personally I asserted that Jon could be seen as the symbolic heir to three separate traditions. I actually said nothing about ice and fire and balance.

The word I used was synthesis which does not imply balance. It implies one of two things:

1. The combining of separate elements or substances to form a coherent whole

or

2. In chemistry: the formation of a compound from simpler compounds or elements

Nothing there about balance, dichotomies or Ice or Fire...

Of course there is a third meaning:

3. In philosophy: the combination of thesis and antithesis in the Hegelian dialectical process whereby a new and higher level of truth is produced

In that case I suppose you could argue there is an implied dichotomy. But it seems to me that the result of something new and previously unknown might be just the solution needed when faced with a new and previously unknown threat.

For the record, I did not say that the "expected outcome" was for Jon to sit on the IT or be a Targaryen King. I said that Jon's particular combination of heritage makes him perfectly suited to lead Westeros (all of it, including the part beyond the Wall) in the coming conflict with the true enemy, which I assume to be the one coming from the far North.

Now I know you disagree with me on that part, but please spare me your other pre-conceived notions about what people here think is the "expected outcome"

A Hegelian is here? :cheers: Pleased to meet you

:thumbsup:

Oh not to worry, we love your delicate souls, :wideeyed: ( and I actually don't mind a little "paunch" as long as it's accompanied by a sense of humor).

I was merely pointing out the, ahem, "elevated" look :leer: Harrington has achieved for himself.

:bowdown:

Oh Alia.... I'm surrounded by a bunch of dirrrty girls. ;) Just keep in mind that men are more than just six packs. The ToJ scene is an intruiging look into the male psyche. :lol:

Lady Gwyn. Shame on you. ;) Men are more than just a piece of meat.

I have a healthy appreciation for the male psyche, never fear ;)

(must resist . . . must resist . . .) Th . . . this is not thread sixty-nine!

:lmao:

We managed to keep that one quite high minded, iirc :cool4:

Well, Kit seems to me a very soulful person... :lol:

Btw I'm going to meet him at WizardCon, Madrid, in July :leaving: :leer:

Of course he is soulful- you can see that written all over his naked body, face. :laugh:

Okay this thread has gone a bit off topic.

The KG speech is absolute bullshit and means nothing because Ned was high on milk of the poppy.

I'm good with that. :drunk:

I'm not mad :wideeyed:

Those are actual theories? I've never really heard those before.

I have. Ygrain and Apple Martini attempted to refute them with sound reasoning based on textual evidence but unfortunately haters will always be haters. As they say ignorance is bliss.

Hm... not bad, and it totally proves my good taste when I picked Kit as a cast for my canon Dragon Age character, Ned Cousland. If he gets some scars along, he'll be perfect :drool:

- But, there was supposed to be a tsunami in Pompeii? I though just the ash...

Okay this thread has gone a bit off topic.

The KG speech is absolute bullshit and means nothing because Ned was high on milk of the poppy.

Ugh... could we get back to the abs, please? Objectification of awesome male bodies doesn't leave such a bitter aftertaste.

Archived