Watch the Foreshadowing

Westeros

My impression from the books was that Drogon had simply breathed fire on the dead girl, rather than eating her, which would explain the bones thing. That's probably what they'll do in the show: Drogon is flying around eating sheep and the little child gets in the way, he kills her with fire and moves on.

My impression from the books was that Drogon had simply breathed fire on the dead girl, rather than eating her, which would explain the bones thing. That's probably what they'll do in the show: Drogon is flying around eating sheep and the little child gets in the way, he kills her with fire and moves on.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but weren't some of the bones cracked open for their marrow?

I'm surprised nobody has picked up on the one thing that massively jumped out for me.

Jon Snow saying "As if I went to sleep for a year, and when I woke up the worlds fallen apart"

If that's not a foreshadowing to Winds of Winter I don't know what is. Also backs up fan theories of what happens to Jon.

Ellaria (Indira Varma) looks so much like Shae (Sibel Kekilli) it's bizarre. Made me wonder if it was purposeful.

I'm not criticizing I just find this interesting as an East Indian myself -

but they dont really resemble though beyond having black hair and 'exotic non European' features. I suspect what you and Dominus Novus are experiencing is a cross race effect ie "all Chinese look alike".

See their close ups.

http://s12.mggcdn.net/s/data/peoples/1/60481.jpg

https://www.berlinale.de/media/60_jubilaeum_1/starportraits/2010_4/2010-02-13-1441SibelKekilli_IMG_x900.jpg

I'm surprised nobody has picked up on the one thing that massively jumped out for me.

Jon Snow saying "As if I went to sleep for a year, and when I woke up the worlds fallen apart"

If that's not a foreshadowing to Winds of Winter I don't know what is. Also backs up fan theories of what happens to Jon.

I took it as just meaning he'd been beyond The Wall for a year, and when he got back practically all his family and the Lord Commander have all been killed.

Also as a nod to the watcher having to wait a year for the new season, which we know is going to be huge this year.

I took it as just meaning he'd been beyond The Wall for a year, and when he got back practically all his family and the Lord Commander have all been killed.

I did wonder that too but I think it's more foreshadowing. Runs with the theme of the piece and they've done this before in trailers. It very well could be either, I'm not saying its definitely alluding to later events. But I think it likely is :)

Also did you really get the sense that he'd been over the wall that long? In the books I did but not in the show. I thought he was in Mince Riders camp for brief hello then off to scale the wall.

Also did you really get the sense that he'd been over the wall that long? In the books I did but not in the show. I thought he was in Mince Riders camp for brief hello then off to scale the wall.

I know, watching it all it did seem to rush through it pretty quickly, but you have to remember that Jon left Castle Black in S01E10, so he's been gone for 2 whole seasons. I'm not sure how much time that would work out to be, but considering everything that's happened in that time I'd say around a year.

I'm not criticizing I just find this interesting as an East Indian myself -

but they dont really resemble though beyond having black hair and 'exotic non European' features. I suspect what you and Dominus Novus are experiencing is a cross race effect ie "all Chinese look alike".

See their close ups.

http://s12.mggcdn.net/s/data/peoples/1/60481.jpg

https://www.berlinale.de/media/60_jubilaeum_1/starportraits/2010_4/2010-02-13-1441SibelKekilli_IMG_x900.jpg

To be honest I was going to agree with you, that Indira as an Indian, and Sibel as a Turk look very different, and I still think they do.

Unfortunately those two photographs you've chosen do make them look amazingly similar, Sibels slightly paler and has a slighly longer face but there really isn't much in it.

I think if you chosen pictures in which we could see more of there profiles, the differences would be much more obvious.

Could that not have happened from the heat?

No, I don't think so. Certainly not when those bones are protected by flesh that absorbs the heat. In any case I would not expect GRRM to call out that the bones were cracked because of the heat.

I agree the size of Drogon makes the cracked bones more problematic than in the book. Honestly, the show will probably just choose to ignore that issue and most people won't notice it/

Okay, I'm feeling way too ghoulish for this time in the morning...

I don't see why there have to be bones. Why can't someone bring a charred corpse like the miller's kids in Season 2 to Dany.

wait - why do they have to bring anything. As the viewers, we see the killing first-hand, so when someone comes to claim that their child was eaten by a dragon, we don't have to be convinced, and Dany can have it verified off screen...

I see a lot of portents that this upcoming season is going to deviate from the written series even more than the last one did, which was plenty.

I think I'm going to have to embrace the changes, and the fact that they books and the TV show are two different products. If that means that they are two separate but related stories, so be it. It just means more fantasy story to enjoy.

Mind you, when both are complete there's going to be a lot of crossover confusion, in the nature of, "Did that happen in the books, the show, or both?)

o.O

I agree the size of Drogon makes the cracked bones more problematic than in the book. Honestly, the show will probably just choose to ignore that issue and most people won't notice it/

Couldn't you just say the bones were cracked when Drogon was chewing the kid up? I agree with the latter though, the important part is that Dany thinks a child was killed by Drogon, not whether any bones were cracked.

I see a lot of portents that this upcoming season is going to deviate from the written series even more than the last one did, which was plenty.

What "portents" do you see? Apart from a couple of interesting-looking added scenes, Bronn replacing Ilyn Payne, and the whole Ramsay/Theon/Yara arc, what indication did you get about deviations that you didn't already get from previous news?

To be honest I think the deviations are really overrated, and are mostly products of whiny book-readers who have waited 15 years to see some tiny detail of plot on screen. I usually find myself shocked at how much they were able to be loyal to the book, given that a large part of it (as in all fantasy) doesn't translate easily to the formula of episodic television. The only season where the changes felt jarring was the second season, but that was because Jon's, Arya's, Dany's, Theon/Bran's, and Robb/Catelyn's arcs were pretty drastically altered from the source material. Season 3 was much better in this regard, with literally the only major changes being the Gendry/Edric switch (and honestly, who cares about that?), and Yara going off to get Theon. Season 4 looks to be pretty loyal to the books as well, in my opinion; the only two arcs which seem to be jumbled around are the Wall/Jon (cutting the Wildling raid early in the books and putting all the battles in one episode) and Yara/Theon/Ramsay (unless Yara is somehow turned away from going to the Dreadfort).

People on this board talk about it so much it can get really annoying, so sorry if this post sounded hostile. I just think we're acting like spoiled children: we could have gotten a Warner Bros. botched film adaptation, where a whole book had to be covered in 2.5 hours instead of 10 - it's happened to plenty of fantasy (Narnia, Eragon, the 2nd, 4th and 5th Harry Potter books, the Percy Jackson series, etc.).

It's likely the line will be delivered after he just found out everything that happened, with Winterfell, Robb, Bran, Rickon, maybe even no sign of Arya, Theon, Catelyn, Mormont, etc. As for it having to do with future books? Maybe. Can't deny that possibility. Might have been a clever kill two birds with one stone type of line there. They did name the show "A Foreshadowing" after all.

He could've just chewed the child and spit her bones out, kinda like we eat fish, only in a bigger scale.

I can see Dany losing a lot of fans this season (finally!). Soon enough we will have Unsullied Stanstans and Dany haters :lol:

It depends on how they portray Stannis, my unsullied friends think he's a bad guy and hardly even remember him. It's all about that seducing witch aka Mel.

However, I think his offer to legitimize Jon and avenge the Starks by taking out the Boltons will put him in a good light with the Unsullied.

They'll probably think Khaleesi is just being Badass when it comes to her faulty ruling. On the other hand, give her that dam 'Usurpers dogs' line about lovable Ned and that will dirtier her up.

Archived