The Craziest **Plausible** Theory

A spin-off of the "What's the craziest theory you've ever seen?" thread.

What's the craziest theory you've ever seen that was also plausible? Not necessarily true, but, when you looked at it again, you think, "Well you know, this might actually stand a chance."

Mine was easy to settle on: The theory that Ashara Dayne is alive, married to Howland Reed and the mother of Jojen and Meera AND THEIR UNCLE ARTHUR IS HANGING OUT WITH THEM.

I first saw the theory and thought, "What in the hell ..." and then I read the defense and thought, "If this isn't true, it should be."

:agree:

Also the Three Heads of the Dragon are actual people who lost their heads (Ned, Robb(posthumously), and the next personwho will lose their head will be Arya. Making Jon angrier and letting his "man" be born.

I really liked something Danelle said

Melara never existed. She was Cersei's imaginary friend.Cersei created a fictional alter ego in hopes that she will end her incestuous affair with Jaime and allow her twin to be with other women. By killing Melara, Cersei actually killed the last part in her conscience that prevented her from sleeping with Jaime.
and I think that it could be plausible.

Oh, I like a few.... um, if I had to limit myself i would say Morgarth the Merry = the Elder Brother and Rhaego lived and was dragged to the Mother of Mountains. I mean, I dont necessarily believe in the latter, but there was a thread where it was presented so convincingly that for a while I was sold. (Someone with a LF avatar did it)

Thinking Jojen paste...too many things point to this. Just finished reading a theory comparing ASOIAF to The Ragnorek(spelling?)...really amazing similarities, although the author makes a few too many assumptions as fact. Combine The Ragnorek and The War of the Roses and you have ASOIAF. Anyway, there is a part of The Ragnorek where someone drinks the blood of another to awaken powers... just sayin...

Hoping GNC is true.

I have a theory that as the books continue Bran's powers will continue to evolve, to the point where he can start communicating with the past. I could be totally wrong, but Ned hearing the whispers of the Heart Tree made me really think that. People have underestimated Bran the whole way. Bloodraven has said he can't reach out to the past, but I don't know. There's no real supportive evidence beyond just a gut feeling, but I think it's possible.

Are we still counting Tyrion as Aerys and Joanna's bastard as plausible? Because I think it plausible, but batshit crazy. There are a few throwaway lines that make it plausible, about Tywin being unable to prove that Tyrion isn't his, and how Aerys had a hard-on for Joanna, but.... no. Just no. I agree with Aunt Genna. Tyrion is Tywin's son.

Don't know how crazy this is but I've theorized Tywin was banned from Chataya's which is why he had to use Shae.

That I would like to read. It's funny, if you think about it, the most powerful man of Westeros banned from a whorehouse. And he can't do nothing about it because then everybody would know.

Are we still counting Tyrion as Aerys and Joanna's bastard as plausible? Because I think it plausible, but batshit crazy. There are a few throwaway lines that make it plausible, about Tywin being unable to prove that Tyrion isn't his, and how Aerys had a hard-on for Joanna, but.... no. Just no. I agree with Aunt Genna. Tyrion is Tywin's son.

Specifically to throw you off the scent of Jaime and Cersei being Targs! Classic GM style. J+C are the incestuous, Joffrey-spawning, beautiful bastards, and Jaime (like Tyrion) killed his own father making him a kinslayer.

Brianne the Beauty is another younger more beautiful that will throw Cersei down....

It follows GRRM's interview about prophecy... and the guy that avoided a castle because he was supposed to die there... and when they found his body it was under a picture of the castle... Not beautiful but the title of Beautiful...

Brianne is the younger woman most physically capable of throwing Cersei down.

HOLD dear... when the fortune was told, Jamie was all Cersei held dear. (Cersei is currently protecting all she holds dear... but has largely forgotten about Jamie.)

Brianne is in the best position to take Jamie from Cersei.

Cersei aborted Robert's baby because she hated him and killed his bastards for the same reason. If Cersei came to hate Jamie, hurting his children is hard to exclude. (In doing this she will again have forgotten about the fortune while causing it to happen.)

Jamie kills Cersei for what she has done. (She again makes the fortune come true. She never thought of Jamie as the little brother... but he was her first little brother.)

Crackpot kind of... but most definitely could happen.

Brianne the Beauty is another younger more beautiful that will throw Cersei down....

It follows GRRM's interview about prophecy... and the guy that avoided a castle because he was supposed to die there... and when they found his body it was under a picture of the castle... Not beautiful but the title of Beautiful...

Brianne is the younger woman most physically capable of throwing Cersei down.

HOLD dear... when the fortune was told, Jamie was all Cersei held dear. (Cersei is currently protecting all she holds dear... but has largely forgotten about Jamie.)

Brianne is in the best position to take Jamie from Cersei.

Cersei aborted Robert's baby because she hated him and killed his bastards for the same reason. If Cersei came to hate Jamie, hurting his children is hard to exclude. (In doing this she will again have forgotten about the fortune while causing it to happen.)

Jamie kills Cersei for what she has done. (She again makes the fortune come true. She never thought of Jamie as the little brother... but he was her first little brother.)

Crackpot kind of... but most definitely could happen.

I don't think that one's crazy at all.

Yeah, I agree with Lost Melnibonean that it's not that crazy, at least not for crazy as in what this thread is about :)

One thing though - in the books Cersei never miscarries/aborts a baby by Robert. If I'm not mistaken that is, it's only a show thing.

fine i may have mixed that one up... but she did have his children killed. She is also wildfire when angry. The love turned to hate over Jamie would be horrific. Cersei killing the kids in a fit and then drowning in her tears over what she has done is possible.

it is a crackpot theory because it goes against the more commonly accepted younger more beautiful queen replacing her.... It is plausible... but it makes a figurative Beauty literally throw her down rather than a Literal beauty figuratively throw her down.

Archived