[Book Spoilers] Beautiful male characters in the TV series

Le Cygne

Since I'm a straight guy, my opinion is more based on,,, how could I say it?... envy and admiration rather than sexual atraction, but I have to say, my reaction the first time I saw Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, was similar to the first time Jon saw Jaime "This is what a king should look like" ,

Since I'm a straight guy, my opinion is more based on,,, how could I say it?... envy and admiration rather than sexual atraction, but I have to say, my reaction the first time I saw Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, was similar to the first time Jon saw Jaime "This is what a king should look like" ,

Yes, but you didn't say, beard or not. Or maybe you did. A king shouldn't have a beard?

My top 3 are:

1. Jaqen H'ghar - he was one sexy, mysterious guy. His accent & attitude made me swoon. :drool:

2. Jory Cassel - I find him pretty hot and I'm surprised no one has mentioned him yet. :blushing:

3. Sandor Clegane - even though he's not my type in terms of looks there is something about him... :dunno:

Yes, but you didn't say, beard or not. Or maybe you did. A king shouldn't have a beard?

Clean, like season 1 (when he looked exactly like Prince Charming from Shrek), but bearded or not, NCW always looks good

I forgot! Orell was jealous of his pretty hair and his pretty eyes. He forgot about his mouth, that's pretty, too.

Not sure if you saw this, he says he thinks Dany and Jon will either fight or fuck when they meet, and GRRM asks the audience which they would prefer:

Why not both? :D

my top three :drool:

1. Sandor

2. Roose Bolton

3. Stannis

Worst one: Daario, seems the typical romance novel cover model to me :stillsick:

Finally someone agrees with me. I thought he looked ridiculous.

Do women find Lord Petyr Baelish attractive?

Just speaking for myself I find the character soooo pedo-creepy crawly that it actually makes me uncomfortable watching him onscreen--like I want to look around quickly and find something heavy like a fireplace poker or a marble vase to defend myself with. He makes me think of rats, literal four-legged rodents, a combination reaction of fear and loathing at the same time.

:agree: You've just perfectly described my feelings on the matter. I found Aiden Gillen attractive in some other roles in the past, he's a good-looking man, but as Baelish... the sliminess and creepiness is overwhelming. It makes me think of that "Star Wars vs Game of Thrones" meme (e.g. Leia saying "I kissed my brother once" and Cersei replying "That's cute"), too bad I can't find the one that was my favorite: it showed Jabba the Hutt with the words "I'm a gigantic slimeball" and Littlefinger replying "That's adorable". :lol:

Great thread and I'm not even done reading it. I think for a combination of character and actor making beautiful perfection, I'd have to go with my avitar.

I did see the recent S4 trailers and such, and Kit mentioning that Bronn is his favorite character has somehow managed to do the impossible......make me find his Jon Snow even more beautiful.

Great thread and I'm not even done reading it. I think for a combination of character and actor making beautiful perfection, I'd have to go with my avitar.

I did see the recent S4 trailers and such, and Kit mentioning that Bronn is his favorite character has somehow managed to do the impossible......make me find his Jon Snow even more beautiful.

The man in your avatar is indeed beautiful and sexy. :drool:

I was never sure about Jaqen and his level of attractiveness in the book, but Tom Vlasischa even made his weird way of talking really hot.

The man in your avatar is indeed beautiful and sexy. :drool:

I was never sure about Jaqen and his level of attractiveness in the book, but Tom Vlasischa even made his weird way of talking really hot.

LOL, I have to admit, I was never sure about Jaqen's appearance in the books at first either. I think at first I couldn't see past his companions, Rorge and Biter, so I didn't notice Arya describing him as the handsome one. I believe it took a reread for it to fully sink in that the girls at Harrenhal attending Jaqen in the baths were mightily impressed with him. Once I noticed them noticing, I did too.

I loved everything about Tom's Jaqen, even the way he moved was incredibly sexy. I could tell that it was still Tom's Jaqen doing the sexy walk after the face change at the end of S2. It's heartbreaking that such a sexy guy was cast as a face changer that we may never see again, face wise. Thank the gods for youtube and dvds, ya know? ;) Now, if I could just get the actor to take the role, the hairdo and dye, forevah........privately. :P

LOL, I have to admit, I was never sure about Jaqen's appearance in the books at first either. I think at first I couldn't see past his companions, Rorge and Biter, so I didn't notice Arya describing him as the handsome one. I believe it took a reread for it to fully sink in that the girls at Harrenhal attending Jaqen in the baths were mightily impressed with him. Once I noticed them noticing, I did too.

I loved everything about Tom's Jaqen, even the way he moved was incredibly sexy. I could tell that it was still Tom's Jaqen doing the sexy walk after the face change at the end of S2. It's heartbreaking that such a sexy guy was cast as a face changer that we may never see again, face wise. Thank the gods for youtube and dvds, ya know? ;) Now, if I could just get the actor to take the role, the hairdo and dye, forevah........privately. :P

I knew that he was handsome, I think she mentioned it straight away the first time, but I wasn't sure about his manner and way of talking.. whether he was creepy in an attractive way, or just creepy. :P In his first scene, where he started going "Lovely boy", I was wondering if he's just an untrusworthy, manipulative guy, or if he's a paedophile. :o

5 Pages and not even one vote for BRONN? Aww c'mon ladies (and gents) the bad-boy mercenary with a cocky attitude and penchant for wenches and drinking doesn't appeal to any of you? And Jerome Flynn has done such a fantastic job bringing Bronn to life in the TV series.

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bronn.jpg

There's something decidedly sexy about Tywin Lannister for the older male category. Gendry gets my pick for the "boys" category. :P

I think it's funny how many posts in here start with "I'm straight, but...". Do we still have such a bias that a man can't say another man is beautiful? It's totally okay for women to do so... (I know, this observation is an old old hat, but still..., guys the first step to overcome this skewed perception is to purposely abstain from that phrase!)

Sooo, I'm gay and male, but I have to go with Gendry and Show!Ramsay (looks only of course ;)). Theon works as well in a kind of 'contrary to classical beauty expectations' way, his whole demeanor works for me somehow. This is strange because I can't stand the same behaviour in Bronn, that kind of alpha male uber-cool shtick just isn't my type. So things often don't make sense for me ;) I don't get the admiration for Jaqen as well, he looks more frighteningly psychopath than sexy to me (which I seem to be able to overlook with Ramsay, but then that has more to do with Iwan Rheon who looks good in anything he does!

I think it's funny how many posts in here start with "I'm straight, but...". Do we still have such a bias that a man can't say another man is beautiful? It's totally okay for women to do so... (I know, this observation is an old old hat, but still..., guys the first step to overcome this skewed perception is to purposely abstain from that phrase!)

Well I only mentioned my sexuality because I went a step further than just praising their looks:

I'm a straight guy, but I'd seriously let Drogo do whatever he wanted to me... hmm.....

Jaqen also applies to this offer. Can't think of anyone else though.

Archived