'Heroes' to return as mini series in 2015

Anatúrinbor

NBC Is Bringing Back HEROES

During tonight’s Olympics, NBC announced they’re bringing back Heroes as a 13 episodes miniseries called Heroes Reborn. The plan is to air the new stand-alone story arc in 2015 with original executive producer, Tim Kring, coming back to produce the show. According to the network, all details about storylines and characters are being kept under wraps, but they did reveal, “we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.

There is a teaser trailer in the link above.

Reading the comments on that article it seems that opinions are divided between "There is a God." and "No! Just no."

I think this is good news, with 13 episodes hopefully we can have a much more focused storyline than the all-over-the-place character arcs of the original series.

So, out of all the shows that ended before their time, that left unfinished business behind and which fans are crying out to return, they decide to bring back a show that everyone was pleased to see die?

Out of NBC shows, I think they could justify bringing back Chuck (the ending was reasonable but there was definitely scope for a more satisfying conclusion) or going back and remaking Dark Skies properly. Heroes was a one-season show dragged out way past its natural lifetime, becoming more and more terrible until even its most hardcore fans were crying out for it to be cancelled and put out of its misery.

I have watched only the 2 first seasons of Heroes and stopped after a few episodes of the 3. But as the Collider article said, it was a miss oppurtunity. The concepts was great but they really lost their way after (keeping uninteresting characters, dragging storylines to do their 22 episodes a season). I'm curious to see what will be done. I hope watching the season 3 to 5 won't be necessary to follow this one.

Also, the networks seems more and more willing to do 12-13 episodes per season of their show. 24 comes back like that too. I think it's a great idea

If they reboot it completely and work it consistently then there is hope. But if they're going to bring back any of the cast from the original run, here's hoping the right ones are brought back, because I just really need to see Matt again... :rolleyes:

I have watched only the 2 first seasons of Heroes and stopped after a few episodes of the 3. But as the Collider article said, it was a miss oppurtunity. The concepts was great but they really lost their way after (keeping uninteresting characters, dragging storylines to do their 22 episodes a season). I'm curious to see what will be done. I hope watching the season 3 to 5 won't be necessary to follow this one.

I also only watched the first 2 seasons (and possibly some of the 3rd :dunno:) before losing interest. My understanding though is that this is going to be separate so there is no need to have watched the latter seasons of the original.

I also only watched the first 2 seasons (and possibly some of the 3rd :dunno:) before losing interest. My understanding though is that this is going to be separate so there is no need to have watched the latter seasons of the original.

After checking, there are only 4 seasons of it and i've watched until mid-season 3. The seasons were divided in arcs so it's not clear. Also, season 2 was half length of the others because of the writers strike.

I suppose it'll be separate.

Lol I didn't remember this. So true for Heroes :bowdown:

I loved Heroes. Pity it got heartlessly cancelled after the first season....

That is how I will forever remember that show.

Now, I might check this out. Perhaps a few episodes. Before I adjust my thinking to either. What a great addition to a show I really missed. Or, Aww pity there was only one season of that awesome show. Seemed like they could have done some great things.. guess we will never ever ever know.

It seriously better be great.

It can be nice having selective memory. And in a crunch I can prove there was only one season. The season 1 DVD is the only one we own. If there was anything after that. Surely we'd own that too... *happy sigh* Selective memory.

Between the super hero fad and now the shortened, serialized seasons, this is no big surprise. And maybe it can work. After all, until it got ridiculously popular and all the cast became stars, it was supposed to focus on a different set of characters each season. The problem the show fell into is that guys like Sylar and Peter Petrelli just aren't meant for more than one season without needed to somehow power them down and there was no logical way to power them down.

I have fond memories of the first season, so hopefully they will be able to recreate how good that was.

Heroes was only ever Heroes when Bryan Fuller was penning episodes.

If the show maintains the same infrastructure, I do not want. At least Loeb is too busy fucking shit up at Marvel to get involved this time around.

What is with people trusting Loeb?

Seems like any show he's involved with is subpar.

Between the super hero fad and now the shortened, serialized seasons, this is no big surprise. And maybe it can work. After all, until it got ridiculously popular and all the cast became stars, it was supposed to focus on a different set of characters each season. The problem the show fell into is that guys like Sylar and Peter Petrelli just aren't meant for more than one season without needed to somehow power them down and there was no logical way to power them down.

I have fond memories of the first season, so hopefully they will be able to recreate how good that was.

The show really suffered from the fact that the writers were simply unwilling to kill Sylar or commit to him being good. I get that Quinto was a great actor and all but goddamn, you can't have him be cool and bad and good enough that you don't have to kill him at the same time. They should have just axed him and Ali Larter (yes, Ali Larter)

Because no-one demanded it?

Seriously, unless Hiro travels back in time to the end of season one and pulls a "Star trek" new time-line out of his ass - I can't say I'll be checking it out.

I guess it won't be hard getting the cast back together -it's not like they've been doing much since.

I can't even really remember what happened in the last three seasons. Or what order it all happened. Powered carnies with bad guy from prison break with earthquake powers? a virus that stole their powers killed them (or was that an idea they didn't get round to stealing from "the 4400"). Being hunted down by the government and dropped off on an island? Sylar, Sylar, Sylar, Sylar as well. Always Sylar.

Didn't it end with cheerleader (can't remember the character's name) "coming out"?

I'm also worried at this current trend of reviving shows that haven't been off-air all that long. Same thing with "24". Is non-cable TV just becoming like hollywood in the sense they are giving up on new shows and just sticking to remakes, revivals and comic adaptations?

That said if this trend does continue - I'd like to point people in the direction of SG:U, Charlie Jade and Journeyman. Because I like being fickle. And no, I didn't forget to add firelfy to that list as I was perfectly happy with how the film ended things.

The show really suffered from the fact that the writers were simply unwilling to kill Sylar or commit to him being good. I get that Quinto was a great actor and all but goddamn, you can't have him be cool and bad and good enough that you don't have to kill him at the same time. They should have just axed him and Ali Larter (yes, Ali Larter)

Yes, when they decided to run with the same cast for the second season they should have definitely killed Sylar off. The poor decision-making there can be summed up in a single season two scene: Sylar capturing and cutting into Claire's brain. The entire first season was "save the cheerleader, save the world." And then he freaking gets the cheerleader? What?

And I agree, Ali Larter didn't seem to serve any purpose after the first season.

Seriously, unless Hiro travels back in time to the end of season one and pulls a "Star trek" new time-line out of his ass - I can't say I'll be checking it out.

I guess it won't be hard getting the cast back together -it's not like they've been doing much since.

Unless I'm mistaken, this will be an all-new cast in what is supposed to be a self-contained 13-episode story arc.

I think it will be an all new storyline with new characters set in the same universe in which the events of the originals series took place. In other words, some time after those events (or maybe during?)

"Some of the show’s original cast members popping back in." I think this means that some of the original characters might be doing cameos.

I kinda feel like this might the only way to make the show good.

Otherwise it's all a garbled mess of story lines from Seasons 2 onward.

I kinda feel like this might the only way to make the show good.

Otherwise it's all a garbled mess of story lines from Seasons 2 onward.

New characters and a complete break from the previous storylines. Guest appearances are fine as long as they don't bring any baggage with them.

Surely given the ending of the show it would have to be a pretty different set up for the show?

This is the only way to bring back the show. Wipe out all the crap and start fresh.

Samurai Hiro steps out from behind the door, sliding his sword from its sheath. Skylar looks up from his desk, confusion clear on his face. Hiro glances at the clockwork gears and parts on the desktop before settling his gaze back on Skylar. "For the cheerleader."

Archived