Robb and Jon if they had been together?

No!!! Come on, your post started so well, how could you say the Chosen One wouldn't have fixed everything? :cool4:

Jon is no smarter than Robb, he just has this "field" which makes all his opponents become idiots for his benefit and bucketloads of luck.

Why do you always say that the characters around Jon act supposedly stupid, just because he's one of the main characters? It's a pretty weak argument, which could also be used to attack characters that you liked.

Despite Robb being groomed to lead, I feel as though Jon was the one who really listened to Ned.

Except he makes the mistake of not keeping some of his friends close, and not eating with his men like Ned did.

And why have people been responding so much to the conquoring bastard25's fanfic? Seriously people, this thread could have been a nice "what if" thread if not for all of that. Just ignore it.

Did you miss the part where Jon sent someone to get the Lady of Winterfell back even though he had no right to and endangered the Watch? Serious question

Rattleshirt was never a brother of NW, so it was never Jon's man to send away. Rattleshirt volunteered to do it.

That was Melisandre.

True. "Take my hand," she said again, "and let me save your sister."

Jon became what he is now after the Watch. Had Robb taking him with him to battlefield, I dunno what could have came from that. Jon needed to be the leader in order to mature, but with Robb he would be only a follower. My point is that he might have been helpful and Robb could have listened to his brother in moral/personal matters (Jeyne) but he wouldn't have been helpful with military aid or advice.

Jon would have definitely told Robb to marry a Frey before going south, just like Ned.

Jon would have ruled against sending Theon to Pyke

Jon would have warned Robb about Roose. Yes maybe Roose still gets to command the Green Fork, but Jon would have made sure they returned to Riverrun rather than sitting idling by at the Twins.

Instead of Cat, Jon might have advised sending Mallister, Blackwood, or Glover to treat with Renly. Jon probably would have went too, not to lead negiotions but rather maintain a presence. After Renly's death he might have accompanied the Tyrells back to Highgarden, seduced Margaery, and or won them over, purely speculation who knows.

He would have told Robb to remain LP and not ascend to kingship, especially in the middle of a war.

Karstark execution and Jamie's escape still could have happen. I think its to much to say Jon could have prevented everything. Jon also might have served as one of the commanders next to Roose at Harrenhal.

Despite Robb being groomed to lead, I feel as though Jon was the one who really listened to Ned.

Not getting into why Jon would magically have all this insight (seeing how his run as leader ended even quicker then Robb's), why is Jon going to be able to convince Robb of all of this?

Honestly, it is stuff like that which makes Jon appear to be a Mary Sue as people are always acting like he is some wonder kid whose very presence fixes everything.

Quite honestly, the most influence Jon would have been him further convincing Robb to marry Jeyne after Robb bedded her. Other then that his leadership skills are just as lacking as Robb's and he was even worse before the Noye kicked some sense into him.

That was Melisandre.

Rattleshirt was never a brother of NW, so it was never Jon's man to send away. Rattleshirt volunteered to do it.

True. "Take my hand," she said again, "and let me save your sister."

Does it matter who actually did it? Jon was informed of it and let it happen. What did he think was going to happen when Arya Stark is taken to Castle Black? Did he think the Boltons would throw him a party? It was terribly irresponsible and could have destroyed the Watch

I don't understand people who are saying that Jon would agree with Robb marrying Jeyne. He left Ygritte as soon as he could when he was put into similar position.

Jon matured greatly during his time at the Wall, but he could have matured just as well in the South.

The best place for Jon would be probably at Winterfell even if Rodrick remained castellan, at least Rickon wouldn't run around half wild. I always felt that Robb was rather neglectful when it came to his younger brothers and maybe Jon would have been able to deal with lady Hornwood's situation better. Jon saw through Mance's ruse, he probably would see trough Theon's.

If he went South, and if Robb had any sense he would not name him a commander immediately, be he could gain some experience under other commanders and then with time be give him more important tasks.

Ironically I think that he would have sided with Cat over Robb surprisingly often, as when it came to Theon and when it came to exchanging Jaime for the girls.

If Bran and Rickon still "died" and Sansa wasn't already on her way there, he would be likely still named heir. There is no chance that Robb would take him to RW then if there was still one.

Does it matter who actually did it? Jon was informed of it and let it happen. What did he think was going to happen when Arya Stark is taken to Castle Black? Did he think the Boltons would throw him a party? It was terribly irresponsible and could have destroyed the Watch

Yes it matters. They were not Jon's subjects so they could do whatever they wanted to do.

Archived