The Walking Dead season 4 ( NO COMIC SPOILERS)

King Bob's Warhammer

Did I just watch this? Gonna need a moment to process....At least Rick gave Carol a fighting chance...left her with a car and arms...

I've been bored silly through the whole season. The geeky Asian dude with his southern belle wifey, please both die already. Rick, Carl and Michonne, the characters everyone cares about (along with Daryl) being relegated to a couple of episodes while we go off and examine the trials of people we don't care about or actively hate (see above). Then we get to this episode. It was great, a little labored maybe but exactly what TWD should be, eye numbing brutality performed by what are otherwise decent people. The things human beings will do simply to live. I'd written this show off but I'll tune in again next week.

The larger narrative is obviously: Carl is the Bad Ass Who Was Promised (BAWWP) who will lead mankind out of the zombie wasteland into a new golden age.

:)

Along with Clem from the video game. They will be the Adam and Eve of a kick-ass humankind.

Did I just watch this? Gonna need a moment to process....At least Rick gave Carol a fighting chance...left her with a car and arms...

That's what I was getting at - I'm surprised this show would condone putting a child down - even if said child just killed another (which i also didn't think the show would do). Carl killing a kid with a gun is one thing but this is just cold.

I also think they could have left her but I guess that is more cruel than they way it panned out. Plus you wouldn't want to wish her on another group with her zombie baiting and "curing" of kids.

I'm sure there'll be lots of complaints about the episode.

Poor old Tyreese had one hell of a sucky day though. At least he saw Carol's POV and accepted it.

Did anyone else get the godfather 2 vibe at the end?

That's what I was getting at - I'm surprised this show would condone putting a child down - even if said child just killed another (which i also didn't think the show would do). Carl killing a kid with a gun is one thing but this is just cold.

I also think they could have left her but I guess that is more cruel than they way it panned out. Plus you wouldn't want to wish her on another group with her zombie baiting and "curing" of kids.

Poor old Tyreese had one hell of a sucky day though. At least he saw Carol's POV and accepted it.

Did anyone else get the godfather 2 vibe at the end?

They chickened out in the end of last season. They diverged from the comic books, and I fully understand why, I'm not sure a mainstream audience would have gotten such a brutal act. This is their substitute which is demonstrating to the audience what a truly messed up universe they're viewing

And I thought he was going to kill Carol when he told her 'I forgive you, but I won't forget'. That would have been perfect, she deserves to die.

Complaining, about The Walking Dead? Noooo waaaay!

I really think Tyreese seeing how Carol dealt with the Lizzie situation saved Carol's life. He saw that she does what she does in the true belief that she is acting in the best interest of the group. She put a bullet in the back of the head of a little girl who she had become the de facto mother to, but only after the girl basically gave them no choice by murdering her own sister and all but promising that she was going to murder Judith.

And I thought he was going to kill Carol when he told her 'I forgive you, but I won't forget'. That would have been perfect, she deserves to die.

No she doesn't. Those people were among the earliest infected. Every other single person who was infected that early died. The end result of her action was that she killed them before they died choking to death on their own blood.

I think I still have not processed what I saw last night. It was jarring and although upsetting to watch, I'm glad they didn't hold back the punches so to speak. This is a sad and brutal world where things like this will happen. I've enjoyed this arc of the individual stories so far, but with only 2 more episodes - it is hard to imagine where the story will go or how the stories will collide. But I'm looking forward to it and also glad that it'll be wrapped up before GOT starts. My TV addiction and viewing is being stretched to the limits as it is.

The characters on this show are just retarded. Sure, let unhinched girl, peaceful hippie girl and a little baby all alone in the house while you go out for a stroll.

And that fucking ending! This show just pissed me off (perfect hatewatch), that fucking zombie was lying there. It would have taken zero effort to put it to rest and make sure that it can't hurt anyone anymore, but no they just didn't feel the need to. No wonder their fucking universe is still in tathers.

And how long did it take for Caroll to put wannabe hitgirl down? "Watch the flowers Lizzie" oh, just fuck off and get it over with (start the joust before I piss myself). And also what a cop-out they didn't even show Lizzie killing her sister or Carol putting a bullet in that psycho girl. Real hardcore AMC, "oh we killed kids are we gritty now?" No, you are not, not unless you have the guts to show it.

And meanwhile Carl is still alive (I would have thrown a party if Psycho had killed him).

/rant

I've been bored silly through the whole season. The geeky Asian dude with his southern belle wifey, please both die already. Rick, Carl and Michonne, the characters everyone cares about (along with Daryl) being relegated to a couple of episodes while we go off and examine the trials of people we don't care about or actively hate (see above). Then we get to this episode. It was great, a little labored maybe but exactly what TWD should be, eye numbing brutality performed by what are otherwise decent people. The things human beings will do simply to live. I'd written this show off but I'll tune in again next week.

I'm pretty sure that Carl is in general the most hated character left a live on the show.

Complaining, about The Walking Dead? Noooo waaaay!

I really think Tyreese seeing how Carol dealt with the Lizzie situation saved Carol's life. He saw that she does what she does in the true belief that she is acting in the best interest of the group. She put a bullet in the back of the head of a little girl who she had become the de facto mother to, but only after the girl basically gave them no choice by murdering her own sister and all but promising that she was going to murder Judith.

No she doesn't. Those people were among the earliest infected. Every other single person who was infected that early died. The end result of her action was that she killed them before they died choking to death on their own blood.

Besides interweb complaining I could see this one outraging people in a "I don't like this so no-one else should be able to watch it" way. I can see groups claiming it's promoting violence in children.

I agree that seeing Carol put down her own child (essentially) and knowing that he couldn't do it made Tyreese realise she isn't doing this because she likes it but because she feels as though she has to. I think he also knows that it was not a vindictive act and that the woman who was killed never knew she was.

This was the first episode where I never stopped to think "are we going to get some of the other characters". I think the sense of dread at watching this damaged kid unfold kept my attention.

Lil' Asskicker is going to have so many fun tales to listen to of "when you were a baby"

And that fucking ending! This show just pissed me off (perfect hatewatch), that fucking zombie was lying there. It would have taken zero effort to put it to rest and make sure that it can't hurt anyone anymore, but no they just didn't feel the need to. No wonder their fucking universe is still in tathers.

And how long did it take for Caroll to put wannabe hitgirl down? "Watch the flowers Lizzie" oh, just fuck off and get it over with (start the joust before I piss myself). And also what a cop-out they didn't even show Lizzie killing her sister or Carol putting a bullet in that psycho girl. Real hardcore AMC, "oh we killed kids are we gritty now?" No, you are not, not unless you have the guts to show it.

I think Carol would have been pretty heartless not to have hesitated when putting a bullet in her wards head.

They established why the zombie wasn't killed earlier in the episode. It's stuck - I'd have thought you'd approve of said zombie weeding out the idiots (which you'd have to be to be bitten by a zombie with no legs stuck on a rail track. Unless you mean another zombie? I did think it was petty to leave the fence down though. Now someone else will have to clear that place before they can use it.

As for not showing the child-killing scenes - I'd be surprised if they are even allowed to (Even breaking bad was careful with that sort of thing). Plus getting the kids to act out the scene in question is probably illegal or minors to perform.

They also didn't show the governor getting his brains blown out. I think there's only mr moustache who's had an exploding head on screen. The zombies don't really count as they all seem to have industrial bullet magnets in their heads.

Besides interweb complaining I could see this one outraging people in a "I don't like this so no-one else should be able to watch it" way. I can see groups claiming it's promoting violence in children.

I agree that seeing Carol put down her own child (essentially) and knowing that he couldn't do it made Tyreese realise she isn't doing this because she likes it but because she feels as though she has to. I think he also knows that it was not a vindictive act and that the woman who was killed never knew she was.

This was the first episode where I never stopped to think "are we going to get some of the other characters". I think the sense of dread at watching this damaged kid unfold kept my attention.

Lil' Asskicker is going to have so many fun tales to listen to of "when you were a baby"

I agree with that sense of dread.

Watching Lizzie implode was both painful and tense, because you knew it would get worse.

And little Mika with her goofy doll, Grimhilda, or whatever its name was. :(

Tyrese had the first sense of home and family in awhile, so you knew his heart was going to be broken.

She's killed I think three people so far who haven't been infected with the zombie virus. Instead of going to the group with her concerns in the prison she simply took the matter in hand and decided to commit some murder. Rick was right about her. Remember when Herschel got bit and Rick did the whole amputation thing? Carol would have shot him in the head without a second thought. She's developed a God complex, the way she manipulated poor grief struck Tyreese. Tell you what I'll go off the mentally disturbed child and later I'll tell you how i murdered your missus, and you can forgive me. Yuck! Deserves to die a slow horrible death.

I'm pretty sure that Carl is in general the most hated character left a live on the show.

He's been awesome in the past two seasons. Totally dead straight badass without coming over like a creepy manipulating sociopath like the governor or (cough) Carol (cough). This season I agree, totally back into the utterly annoying season 1 Carl. I mean would season 3 Carl have near shit himself when ambushed by a zombie? Friggin doubt it. It's like the writers want to piss away two years worth of character development.

She's killed I think three people so far who haven't been infected with the zombie virus. Instead of going to the group with her concerns in the prison she simply took the matter in hand and decided to commit some murder. Rick was right about her. Remember when Herschel got bit and Rick did the whole amputation thing? Carol would have shot him in the head without a second thought. She's developed a God complex, the way she manipulated poor grief struck Tyreese. Tell you what I'll go off the mentally disturbed child and later I'll tell you how i murdered your missus, and you can forgive me. Yuck! Deserves to die a slow horrible death.

I've been sitting here look at this post for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how and where to respond. Then I remembered last night's Talking Dead montage to the deceased when at the very end it said, "Sometimes.... there are no words."

This is one of those times.

I'm not sure how those girls made it through acting out those scenes, but damn.

Is it just me, or was Judith awfully quiet this episode :lol:

Maybe the pecans kept her happy.

Yeah, it kind of looked like there was a fake baby cry, because even with all the chaos and noise, Judith herself looked pretty chill in Tys arms.

He's been awesome in the past two seasons. Totally dead straight badass without coming over like a creepy manipulating sociopath like the governor or (cough) Carol (cough). This season I agree, totally back into the utterly annoying season 1 Carl. I mean would season 3 Carl have near shit himself when ambushed by a zombie? Friggin doubt it. It's like the writers want to piss away two years worth of character development.

I said on one of the forums it was like the cookie dough was Carl Kryptonite. Season 3 to first half of four, Carl was one of my favourite characters - definitely the most improved.

:shocked: You and I are clearly not watching the same show :dunno:

I think Carol would have been pretty heartless not to have hesitated when putting a bullet in her wards head.

It was better for everyone if psycho got put out of her misery. It wouldn't have been easier if she waited and the scene was just flat out boring with the waiting.

They established why the zombie wasn't killed earlier in the episode. It's stuck - I'd have thought you'd approve of said zombie weeding out the idiots (which you'd have to be to be bitten by a zombie with no legs stuck on a rail track. Unless you mean another zombie? I did think it was petty to leave the fence down though. Now someone else will have to clear that place before they can use it.

You never know what happens. Perhaps someone stumbles over it while running away from a herd. Perhaps the Zombie finds a way to free itself. But anyway the point is that during a ZA you take out as many zombies as you can without putting yourself in danger. It's just common courtesy, like ZA etiquette 101, because that limits the danger for everyone. And this zombie was a slamdunk. It would not have put them in danger nor would it have inconvenienced them to terminate that zombie. And yet they chose not to, because they are stupid/ass hats.

And indeed leaving the fence down was petty.

As for not showing the child-killing scenes - I'd be surprised if they are even allowed to (Even breaking bad was careful with that sort of thing). Plus getting the kids to act out the scene in question is probably illegal or minors to perform.

They also didn't show the governor getting his brains blown out. I think there's only mr moustache who's had an exploding head on screen. The zombies don't really count as they all seem to have industrial bullet magnets in their heads.

It weakened the episode. The very least thing they could have done was show us Psycho's body which would not look as pretty as the hippy chick's corpse (convenient that she manages to kill her sister so easily and without making a mess of it).

Can't comment on the law issue since I'm no US citizen. It could be that that's an issue. if it is than it's just another example of the fact that a show like that should have been made by HBO or the likes (no trouble killing children in GoT).

Is anybody else doing this. :bang: every time there is a Game of Arms commercial??

They play it like once every commercial break :angry:

But, as we learned from Over The Top - arm wrestling is top notch entertainment!

Can't comment on the law issue since I'm no US citizen. It could be that that's an issue. if it is than it's just another example of the fact that a show like that should have been made by HBO or the likes (no trouble killing children in GoT).

Is one of your complaints seriously that we didn't get to see two children murdered on camera? Seeing a body, seeing the gun shot and hearing the sound of a body hit the ground isn't enough, you need to see an 11-year-old girl's brains blown out?

Jesus fucking wept.

Archived