Videogame thread: Stick of Falling Titan Truth

Werthead

I think that confirms what a lot of people guessed: Rocksteady realised early on that it'd take longer than 2 years to release their next game, so WB outsourced (or insourced, rather) Origins using a lot of existing assets to get a quickie release to tide them over.

There is that, but Origins is a really good game too. More of an expansion obviously but I still love it.

That opinion may be less common than you think. Most of the people I've spoken to don't think Origins is anywhere near the caliber of the other two.

It's not, but it was still pretty fun. Wish I'd waited for a sale instead of spending full price on it though.

That opinion may be less common than you think. Most of the people I've spoken to don't think Origins is anywhere near the caliber of the other two.

The comments I've heard on Arkham Origins have been universally mediocre.

A cash-in pointless sequel is the general opinion.

The comments I've heard on Arkham Origins have been universally mediocre.

A cash-in pointless sequel is the general opinion.

Universally mediocre? Are you just using hyperbole like an internet dipshit?

Universally mediocre? Are you just using hyperbole like an internet dipshit?

No, I'm using it in the context of the sentence I just wrote. Where it's very clear unless you are an illiterate dipshit.

Let me break it down for you though, since you seem to fall into that category:

"universally" refers to the comments I've heard about it, which are that it's mediocre.

This concludes English for Dipshits: Lesson 5

I wonder how controversial the game is going to be. A lot of things that would get the game slammed if it was a new IP seem to be being ignored because, "Oh, it's South Park." The key for me is how good the combat is, or if it turns into a repetitive grindfest.

Anyway, the reviews are hitting:

Polygon: 8.5

Eurogamer: 8

Metro: 8

Escapist: 4/5

Edge: 8

Gamespot: 7

Destructoid: 8

Giant Bomb: 5/5

Kotaku: Positive ("One of the funniest games ever made,"), but lists technical issues and advising waiting for a patch.

RPS: Positive overall, but claims the opening hours of the game are painfully bad. Also slates it for not having any graphics-adjusting options on PC.

Metawert summary: pretty good, despite minor technical issues and some iffy tutorials. The game will also be divisive on humour, but if you already like South Park you'll probably be fine.

The only review I care about is Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's zero punctuation review. I KNOW he won't give anything a free pass "because it's South Park", but then again a lot of the stuff a game might get slammed for if it wasn't South Park Yahtzee will probably love. I'm guessing his main criticism of the game could be that it's up its own arse a bit too much. That's what he accused Bioshock Infinite of being but it was also his GOTY. Or perhaps that the gsame is so edgy it keeps cutting itself on its own edginess.

Anyway, if it's quality RPG I'm definitely keen.

No, I'm using it in the context of the sentence I just wrote. Where it's very clear unless you are an illiterate dipshit.

Let me break it down for you though, since you seem to fall into that category:

"universally" refers to the comments I've heard about it, which are that it's mediocre.

This concludes English for Dipshits: Lesson 5

Daaaamn! He said 'you ain't got no nipples!'

I suspect Yahtzee would be more likely to tear it apart for the combat system then anything else.

Is Yahtzee still doing his thing? I used to read the Escapist a lot, but I kinda drifted away.

Isn't the whole point of Yahtzee's videos to tear games apart no matter what? I was an Escapist regular back in the day and I remember even him saying his videos aren't meant to be taken seriously. I haven't watched him in years though, maybe that's changed.

Isn't the whole point of Yahtzee's videos to tear games apart no matter what? I was an Escapist regular back in the day and I remember even him saying his videos aren't meant to be taken seriously. I haven't watched him in years though, maybe that's changed.

It's both comedy and a statement of his opinion on the game in question. He's generally quite honest about what he likes and doesn't like, which is useful and a review. He tends to focus more time on the negatives just cause that's funnier.

It's both comedy and a statement of his opinion on the game in question. He's generally quite honest about what he likes and doesn't like, which is useful and a review. He tends to focus more time on the negatives just cause that's funnier.

Focus more on the negatives is putting it lightly, in all the videos of his I ever watched I think Psychonauts is the only one I ever saw him say anything positive in. But like I said I've only seen his really old videos from like 2007-2009.

Focus more on the negatives is putting it lightly, in all the videos of his I ever watched I think Psychonauts is the only one I ever saw him say anything positive in. But like I said I've only seen his really old videos from like 2007-2009.

He's liked a ton of games over the years.

Shit, if you say reviews back then you should have at least seen his Orange Box review where he fellates Portal, as is appropriate.

And he just loved Dark Souls 2 weeks ago.

Which reviewers do you guys trust mostly? Recently I started watching Adam Sessler on Rev3games, and I find that his reviews are pretty informative and honest. I also read Eurogamer, as they seem to have more of a relaxed, unbiased look at things (e.g. they didn't hesitate to give GTA V a 9 instead of 10! With sound reasoning! The horror!).

He's liked a ton of games over the years.

Shit, if you say reviews back then you should have at least seen his Orange Box review where he fellates Portal, as is appropriate.

Don't recall that one honestly :dunno:

Which reviewers do you guys trust mostly? Recently I started watching Adam Sessler on Rev3games, and I find that his reviews are pretty informative and honest. I also read Eurogamer, as they seem to have more of a relaxed, unbiased look at things (e.g. they didn't hesitate to give GTA V a 9 instead of 10! With sound reasoning! The horror!).

I prefer to watch gameplay videos and decide whether it looks good for myself usually. TB's videos are my first stop for the most part since I enjoy his commentary but I don't always agree with him. I'll check out Sessler sometimes as well as RPS and Giant Bomb. That's about it for actual reviewers.

Archived