The Return of Shae?

John Suburbs

The last we saw of her, Cersei ordered the Kettleblacks to dispose of her body, she didn't care how. I wonder if there is a chance that Qyburn could have gotten hold of her...?

Also, are we to make anything of the fact that Shae has the same "ae" in her name as many of the Targs? Margaery has it too, but she is highborn and they wanted to make her a queen.

In any event, she is an interesting character because she seems to have come and gone and no one really knows who she was or where she came from.

I think the "ae" is just a coincidence. I think there are enough people crossing between Westeros and Essos that it wouldn't be uncommon for Valerian sounds come up in Westeros names and words. Also , being a camp follower, her mother could have come from anywhere, including Essos, where the Valerian language is more prominent.

I'm losing track of these secret Targs.

“You poor stupid blind crippled fool. Must I spell every little thing out for you? Very well. GRRM is a lying whore, he’s been fucking The Targ Fanbase and probably the idea that only they can actually mean anything in the story for all I know. And I am the monster they all say I am. Yes, I killed your vile need for everybody to be a secret Targ.” He made himself grin. It must have been a hideous sight to see, there in the torchlit gloom.

Secret Targ Fans turned without a word and walked away.

This is interesting and something I haven't considered...just a thought, mayhaps wight shae will make an appearance, after the wall falls, and kill Cersie as well as Tyrion. Fulfilling the valonquar prophesy, and providing an ironic death for Tyrion by strangling him with cold hands..Don't ask me how the three come to be in the same place, haha :dunno: also, first post, cheers everyone.

There is a part of me that is fond of the idea of a return of Shae but I simply don't see it as being likely or, at the end of the day, good writing (the possibility of Jon also being revived is already striking me as annoying). Her story is finished and her body was disposed of unceremoniously by the whore-hating Cersei.

No- she is not a secret Targ. Of that I'm 1000% sure.

I don't think she'll come back as a zombie/wight/whatever either. She's dead, her body was either taken by Qyburn for experimentation, or thrown into the sea or something. Nothing mysterious about it.

Archived