Dating thread VII? Single Nerds Club

Sylva Santagar

Just got invited to a wedding of a friend by my high school prom queen, who I had an absolutely enormous crush on in high school. Hadn't seen her in at least 5 or 6 years until Saturday when we bumped into each other at a bar and chatted for a while. Ran into her again at a pharmacy about an hour ago, where she invited me to attend a wedding of a mutual friend (who I haven't seen in 5 to 6 years) as her +1.

Random, but I'm pretty stoked.

It's also a friend's birthday party that night. Think most friends would be happy for me to go, but think he might be pissed. I'm gonna go to the wedding, but what would you do in my shoes?

Just got invited to a wedding of a friend by my high school prom queen, who I had an absolutely enormous crush on in high school. Hadn't seen her in at least 5 or 6 years until Saturday when we bumped into each other at a bar and chatted for a while. Ran into her again at a pharmacy about an hour ago, where she invited me to attend a wedding of a mutual friend (who I haven't seen in 5 to 6 years) as her +1.

It's also a friend's birthday party that night. Think most friends would be happy for me to go, but think he might be pissed. I'm gonna go to the wedding, but what would you do in my shoes?

Your friend will have another birthday next year.

I'd do the same!! You can party w/ your friends any other time...

I think the idea of telling people specifics of what's wrong is only really useful if it's something that they can work on, or it's something you can work on together, otherwise you're just kinda being mean for the sake of being mean. It's not likely that a guy with five cats (what's the male equivalent to cat lady?!) is going to get rid of them in order to have a relationship, so telling him that's why you don't want to do it is kinda pointless.

But if for example the sex is bad because of something specific that they do or don't do, it can be fixed with some tough love and discipline. The beatings will continue until cunnilingus improves.

I'd go to the party... let the past be the past.

As someone who has hooked up with all my old high school crushes years after high school, they were all train wrecks.

Odds are she can never live up to the image you have of her and you are going to be let down by her, yet still try to hold on and make it work and eventually just be left asking yourself why you even bothered. imho based on my experiences and those of my friends.

That said maybe you are that couple that gets married and you tell the story of how you crushed on her back in the day but didn't catch her eye until later.

LOL - I suggested we take my car to Hot Doc last weekend...I gave him the keys and asked him to drive...I suggested that his car might smell a little like dog (it does).

He had a sense of humor about it.

i dated a girl who always wanted to take her car. she loved her car and she didn't think mine was cool enough to be seen out in. fair enough. the odd thing was she always wanted me to drive her car. perhaps that was not so odd after all? hmm

I'd go to the party... let the past be the past.

As someone who has hooked up with all my old high school crushes years after high school, they were all train wrecks.

Odds are she can never live up to the image you have of her and you are going to be let down by her, yet still try to hold on and make it work and eventually just be left asking yourself why you even bothered. imho based on my experiences and those of my friends.

That said maybe you are that couple that gets married and you tell the story of how you crushed on her back in the day but didn't catch her eye until later.

Even that "why did I bother?" kinda situation sounds sort of worth doing, just to find out that yes, she does not live up to your image of what being with her is like. Better to find out that it won't work that be left wondering.

So I will add my vote to the "go for it, your friends have birthdays all the time" chorus.

Chance to, at minimum, hook up with your high school crush? Forget your friend's birthday, unless your friend is a total douchebag they should understand.

Pretty extreme and horribly rude to say to someone else about a girl.

I think lots of info about previous sex partners is weird. Dated a girl who would bring up when I was doing things similar to previous guys...and not always afterward. :stillsick:

A friend of mine dumped a guy because he would brag about how he cheated on his previous girlfriend....WTF?

i dated a girl who always wanted to take her car. she loved her car and she didn't think mine was cool enough to be seen out in. fair enough. the odd thing was she always wanted me to drive her car. perhaps that was not so odd after all? hmm

A girl I was dating briefly in college (well hooking up with may be more accurate) ALWAYS made me drive her car. I had her drive one time because I had been day drinking and she hadn't (we were just going to the grocery store or something), we were driving on a busy street and she would turn to look at me when she talked. And would like have a conversation staring at me in the passenger seat instead of the road. At one point she came within inches of slamming into the car in front of us, and she pulled over and said "this is why i make you drive".

Okay, now that I think about it. I kind of want to try that. Just mad dog a guy while we're having sex. bahahhahahaahhaa oh jesus, please tell me someone else thinks that's funny so I know I'm not COMPLETELY insane lmfaorofl

The problem is that in a Venn diagram the bubble "Things I think are funny" and "Things I should actually do" aren't overlapping by that much :P

The problem is that in a Venn diagram the bubble "Things I think are funny" and "Things I should actually do" aren't overlapping by that much :P

I've mentioned it before but I dated a girl who wanted to try funny things like making out in a hot dog costume (I was dressed as ketchup) or me trying to lie perfectly still after we watched a documentary on sex dolls.

Sad she dumped me, as it's a definite blow to the ego to be ditched by someone with such peculiar habits. :blushing:

Archived