Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

The show could have spun it that commendation was to make sure no one in the public questions it (but they didn't spin).

1. You shoot a guy, the sheriff lets you walk, raised eyebrows.

2. You shoot a guy, the sheriff lets you walk, you get a commendation, people nod and say good job.

It was quite silly that Gus didn't call in Malvo when he saw the cabin (that decision got Key and Peele murdered) but I have to admit I thought it was pretty awesome when he plugged Malvo. When he started talking with Malvo, I figured the worse. But he surprised me by being pretty quick to execute him, which told me that was Gus' way of f'ing with Malvo. Or at least not letting Malvo get the last word in their interactions.

I thought it was Gus being terrified of Malvo, thinking "I need to kill this guy right now or he's going to kill my whole family, I don't trust myself to arrest him or wait for thepolice to come".

I thought it was Gus being terrified of Malvo, thinking "I need to kill this guy right now or he's going to kill my whole family, I don't trust myself to arrest him or wait for thepolice to come".

Yeah he arrested him once and we saw how that played out.

Great Finale, Great show. Maybe they should do a different Coen brothers flick for a new season :D

Wouldn't mind seeing Millers Crossing or No Country For Old Men or something in this format

What was the point of this show, really? It made very little sense upon reflection. In some places it just seemed like it was meant to be....beautifully filmed.... sadism. I can't figure out Malvo's motivations (or how he got out of that damned basement) and i have even less of a clue as to why Lester would get into that elevator with Mal.

Yeah he arrested him once and we saw how that played out.

Great Finale, Great show. Maybe they should do a different Coen brothers flick for a new season :D

Wouldn't mind seeing Millers Crossing or No Country For Old Men or something in this format

I'd be down for either one. Blood Simple would work well too.

I'm really not sure what you're expecting here. Does a TV series need to have a moral point or something?

I guess if im going to watch something i'd like for it to have a point, yes. YMMV. Especially a show as violent as this one. There is enough terrible shit happening everyday that if im going to watch extreme sadism in my escapist entertainment i need it to have a point. Again, just my reaction to the finale. I finished the series last night and was highly disturbed by it, but also baffled as to what the purpose behind it all was. What was Malvo's purpose and motivation? What was Lester's motivation from episode 9 on? I don't quite understand. But i did have my first nightmare in years...and it was filled with snow.

Malvo's motivation beyond thriving in chaos have not been that clear.

Lester motivation is clear enough to me. He spots Malvo in the hotel bar and given his increased self esteem and confidence that he's gotten since then, he decides foolhardy to confront Malvo, which goes terribly wrong. After that he's mainly trying to stay alive, at all costs.

I guess if im going to watch something i'd like for it to have a point, yes. YMMV. Especially a show as violent as this one. There is enough terrible shit happening everyday that if im going to watch extreme sadism in my escapist entertainment i need it to have a point. Again, just my reaction to the finale. I finished the series last night and was highly disturbed by it, but also baffled as to what the purpose behind it all was. What was Malvo's purpose and motivation? What was Lester's motivation from episode 9 on? I don't quite understand. But i did have my first nightmare in years...and it was filled with snow.

You may not have noticed our posts (drawkcabi's and mine), but the episode where Malvo kills his contact and then goes to the building to kill the guy who sent out the 2 killers after him, where the FBI agents were sitting outside on stakeout, walking through the building and apparently killing everyone he saw (though we don't see it, only heard it) ran just after the Santa Barbara shootings, where the killer drove around and randomly shot at people after he failed to get into the women's frat house. I felt really disturbed watching that episode, and really wonder when and if there is a correlation between senseless violence in real life and what we are exposed to. Yes, yes, oh not us, we'd never do that...

I was underwhelmed by the season finale. Still enjoyed it and still glad I watched the show. If/when there's a season 2, I'll watch it.

I am still wondering about the money. I wonder if they do a next season with all different characters, one of them will be another character that has found the red scraper and now has the million. I mean once the spring/summer comes all the snow would melt so I think if they followed up on it, it would be new character finding it the same winter Platt buried it, like Platt found it the same Winter Buscemi buried it.

I just finished the first season. I'd say it's my favourite show currently.

But where was this show filmed? I swear I've driven past a few of the buildings shown...

I know the majority of it was filmed in Calgary.

I was underwhelmed by the season finale. Still enjoyed it and still glad I watched the show. If/when there's a season 2, I'll watch it.

I am still wondering about the money. I wonder if they do a next season with all different characters, one of them will be another character that has found the red scraper and now has the million. I mean once the spring/summer comes all the snow would melt so I think if they followed up on it, it would be new character finding it the same winter Platt buried it, like Platt found it the same Winter Buscemi buried it.

That would be a cool way to "connect" the seasons together.

The ice scraper is cursed and it causes a malevolent force to spawn and wreak havoc until it is destroyed and the money and scraper is replaced. Maybe way to fantastical, but could be interesting. :)

As to the season finale, I personally really liked it. Billy Bob was outstanding, again, and it felt like everyone basically got what they deserved in the end. I may be the only one, but the setting of the leg bone was a scene that both horrified me and fascinated me. I actually rewound it a couple of times and re watched it, very chilling.

I may be the only one, but the setting of the leg bone was a scene that both horrified me and fascinated me. I actually rewound it a couple of times and re watched it, very chilling.

Eww. Once was enough for me. That shit made me cringe.

Ah that explains it. Hopefully they continue here if there's a season 2. Maybe I can try getting into one of the scenes in the background :D

Did you read the first post? Our own Salome Sand Witch appeared on this series in the second episode. So a Board member made it!!

Archived