The Walking Dead: Those Who Arrive, Survive (TV & Comics SPOILERS)

Lady Octarina

Or is it actors who exploit fans for money are Class A Douchecanoes?

Could be neither. Some actors are extroverted, some are introverted. Some are even really nervous and feel like fakes if they're praised and asked for their autograph. I think it's better not to prejudge people's motives for something that matters so little.

Maybe a little of both? Though specifically I was talking about the actors who get their big breaks in a sci-fi/fantasy/horror genre show/film and then proceed to act like they're too good for that. And of course I'm blanking on the name of the person I was thinking about when I wrote that post, who became famous thanks in part to their role in a cult hit and then proceeded to shit all over it whenever they had the chance.

Word of the day: douchcanoe. :P I'll try to fit that into a conversation at work today. Shouldn't be hard. I'm surrounded by 'em.

It's my favorite of the douches

I am pretty sure he's full of shit, but you would have to try to get him to Washington just incase.

Definitely. It's worth a shot but I'd also be the one who'd make a point of saying "I think you're full of shit". If the season is about them going to Washington it could be quite cool to see what a city is like after this amount of time.

That was pretty awesome. One of the better openings. I'm actually bummed we're not going to see more about Terminus and Gareth, at least not directly.

We didn't see Gareth die so I wouldn't rule it out. But I guess you're right that Terminus as an ongoing threat is done.

Unless they continue the arc with Gareth being the cannibal in the woods.

This was my first thought as well. Since they are going to a church (trailer for next episode)...exactly like the comics. (IIRC)

Wouldn't be surprised if the next 3-4-5 episodes deals with "Cannibals in the woods" angle eventually.

I find myself continuously amazed at the amount of shit that AMC is allowed to get away with.

People were sawing up a corpse for a future BBQ, and then we watched a guy blast people in the back of the head with a metal baseball bat seconds before a second guy performed an in-the-camera throat slash. (Sidenote: What was the point of the baseball bat? Is that the post-apocalyptic version of sterilizing someone's arm before giving them a lethal injection?)

The second you show a single nipple-covered titty during the Super Bowl Halftime Show though, the whole country has to grind to a halt and we have to talk about it and have discussions about the titty. We also can't hear the word 'fuck' on cable TV, nor can we see a verginer or a wayner. But somehow we can watch someone stomp a human skull into bony red bits.

America is super fucking weird.

I find myself continuously amazed at the amount of shit that AMC is allowed to get away with.

People were sawing up a corpse for a future BBQ, and then we watched a guy blast people in the back of the head with a metal baseball bat seconds before a second guy performed an in-the-camera throat slash. (Sidenote: What was the point of the baseball bat? Is that the post-apocalyptic version of sterilizing someone's arm before giving them a lethal injection?)

The second you show a single nipple-covered titty during the Super Bowl Halftime Show though, the whole country has to grind to a halt and we have to talk about it and have discussions about the titty. We also can't hear the word 'fuck' on cable TV, nor can we see a verginer or a wayner. But somehow we can watch someone stomp a human skull into bony red bits.

The point of the baseball bat was to knock them out so they don't squirm and fight when they slash their throats. Keeps things a little more tidy and organized.

The blow to the head kept them from turning before they could be harvested.

The point of the baseball bat was to knock them out so they don't squirm and fight when they slash their throats. Keeps things a little more tidy and organized.

If that's the case then couldn't they have slit all of their throats while they were knocked out from the gas grenade? Why wait until they regain consciousness before dragging them to the trough, only to hit them in the back of the head and cut their throat?

Ignoring the shitty writing that has always been the staple of this show, it just seems like everybody in the zombie apocalypse is painfully inefficient. Work smarter, not harder.

Agreed Alia.... the biggest example of snobbery I can think of was Terry Farrell, who played Judzia Dax on Deep Space 9... she hated the whole thing... now she charges $30 for autographed Dax 8x10s

(for some reason, my quote function ain't workin')

Wow, that's just wrong.

As for the quote function, changing browsers helped when I had the issue.

Archived