"The Dragon Has Three Heads, There Must Be One More" Who and What are the "3 heads?"

oursisthefury69

No, there will be intermittent riders, Aegon and Euron and/or Victarion, most probably Brown Plum, but come the war of the dawn the three central characters will be the three riders and will each serve a specific purpose.

The pertinent questions I think are what is the second head supposed to do? (what happens when an other tries to wight someone afflicted with greyscale I wonder, or perhaps arm the living, the obsidian does need dispersing) And if the purpose of the heads require conflict with one and other or if they're all a single side.

No, there will be intermittent riders, Aegon and Euron and/or Victarion, most probably Brown Plum, but come the war of the dawn the three central characters will be the three riders and will each serve a specific purpose.

The pertinent questions I think are what is the second head supposed to do? (what happens when an other tries to wight someone afflicted with greyscale I wonder, or perhaps arm the living, the obsidian does need dispersing) And if the purpose of the heads require conflict with one and other or if they're all a single side.

Ah, I see what you mean. All three dragons have survive to a new Battle for the Dawn and fight the Others for your theory to be correct, right?

Or be wighted. I think all three heads have a specific role to play and that their role will relate to the war of the dawn. I think it will be immediately before and during the war of the dawn, but then it may be protracted, for example Dany's devouring may be her launching the Dance that brings rampant death and destruction, I suppose Drogon could die at this stage and the rest could still follow on, Tyrion's act could follow in between the dance and war for the dawn and Jon's during to conclusion.

I really, really don't like the idea of any ironborn riding a dragon. It seems ridiculous.

I really love the idea of Arya riding a dragon, because she will become what she always wanted, a warrior. But alas, I don't see that happening

3 Heads will be:

Dany

Jon

Aegon (if real)

Or be wighted. I think all three heads have a specific role to play and that their role will relate to the war of the dawn. I think it will be immediately before and during the war of the dawn, but then it may be protracted, for example Dany's devouring may be her launching the Dance that brings rampant death and destruction, I suppose Drogon could die at this stage and the rest could still follow on, Tyrion's act could follow in between the dance and war for the dawn and Jon's during to conclusion.

Could be. But I think the only dragon that will survive to battle the Others will be Drogon. And Jon will be riding him.

Why would Jon ride Drogon?

To prove his heritage, that he does have blood of the dragon. Every hero is given a seemingly impossible task, especially to prove their heritage. I imagine this towards the end of ADoS.

Viserion will be ridden by Tyrion, I think, while Rhaegal will be ridden by Victarion and then Arianne, or one of the greens. The riders of Rhaegal will be in the summer of their days before winters come from them losing their power and dying shortly after mounting Rhaegal.

To prove his heritage, that he does have blood of the dragon. Every hero is given a seemingly impossible task, especially to prove their heritage. I imagine this towards the end of ADoS.

Viserion will be ridden by Tyrion, I think, while Rhaegal will be ridden by Victarion and then Arianne, or one of the greens. The riders of Rhaegal will be in the summer of their days before winters come from them losing their power and dying shortly after mounting Rhaegal.

But why Drogon?

That implies Dany is dead because he would never have another rider while she is alive. And why must she be dead? People are a little too obsessed with killing off major characters on there forums. GRRM does that sometimes, to shock us. He doesn't do it ALL the time, because the whole point is to be unpredictable.

Jon will most likely ride Rhaegal, not Drogon. I very much doubt any Ironborn will ride one of Dany's dragons.

But why Drogon?

That implies Dany is dead because he would never have another rider while she is alive. And why must she be dead? People are a little too obsessed with killing off major characters on there forums. GRRM does that sometimes, to shock us. He doesn't do it ALL the time, because the whole point is to be unpredictable.

Jon will most likely ride Rhaegal, not Drogon. I very much doubt any Ironborn will ride one of Dany's dragons.

Actually no, if you checked any of my posts I never said anywhere that Dany would be dead when Jon mounts Drogon, so that is just a straw man. Jon could likely warg Drogon.

I don't see anything pointing to Jon and Rhaegal, but more so towards Jon and Drogon. There are likely hints pointing to Victarion mounting Rhaegal using the horn.

Actually no, if you checked any of my posts I never said anywhere that Dany would be dead when Jon mounts Drogon, so that is just a straw man. Jon could likely warg Drogon.

I don't see anything pointing to Jon and Rhaegal, but more so towards Jon and Drogon. There are likely hints pointing to Victarion mounting Rhaegal using the horn.

I'll be your straw man. Daenerys will die. Jon will ride Drogo.

The can be only one...

...PTWP.

Okay, that is...kind of beautiful. You're right, Stannis is one-quarter legitimate Targ, so he's a candidate, isn't he?

As much as I like the romantic picture of the three Teen Targaryens on dragonback, I'm snickering a LOT at the image of Beautiful Young Dany on Drogon, Handsome Young Jon on Viserion (because he's white), and ....grumpy old bald teeth-grinding Stannis bringing up the rear on Rhaegal, complaining constantly. :lol: (I am aware Stannis is not actually that old by our standards, but he is in contrast to Dany and Jon.)

en the whole sister wives reverse gets a bit weird here^^

it says repeatedly in GRRM^s work than no dragon ever accepts more than one rider at a time and no rider rides more than one. So if Jon rides Drogon, Dany is dead.

As for hint on Drogon and Jon....um....weak. Basically I think you are seeing things to support your preferred version.

it says repeatedly in GRRM^s work than no dragon ever accepts more than one rider at a time and no rider rides more than one. So if Jon rides Drogon, Dany is dead.

As for hint on Drogon and Jon....um....weak. Basically I think you are seeing things to support your preferred version.

Moi? Jamais!

I really, really don't like the idea of any ironborn riding a dragon. It seems ridiculous.

I really love the idea of Arya riding a dragon, because she will become what she always wanted, a warrior. But alas, I don't see that happening

3 Heads will be:

Dany

Jon

Aegon (if real)

:agree:

I don't foresee any other Stark as a dragon rider. The Targaryens are the dragonlords by tradition; that's how they became rulers of Westeros in the first place. The Starks do have a very strong link to the magic of the North and that's what they represent. The northmen don't worship the Seven, they have kept their old gods. Northmen are linked to wargs and greenseers (Bran, Jon, Jojen). They don't need dragons (fire) when they are already linked to powerful and ancient magic. And as much as I love Tyrion, I don't think he's a rider but he can influence through his usual cunning and intelligence any or all of the riders. He already had a good rapport with Jon back when he was at the Wall so he can come in handy again when riding time comes. And if Aegon indeed has Targaryen blood, he has the best chances to be a rider. I think that The Dance of the Dragons demonstrated that dragonseed is required to be a rider.

Regarding Jon, I think that the whole point of Melisandre being at the Wall is to do a Lord Beric to Jon and who knows, she might even realize that royal blood has been in front of her all the time.

:agree:

I don't foresee any other Stark as a dragon rider. The Targaryens are the dragonlords by tradition; that's how they became rulers of Westeros in the first place. The Starks do have a very strong link to the magic of the North and that's what they represent. The northmen don't worship the Seven, they have kept their old gods. Northmen are linked to wargs and greenseers (Bran, Jon, Jojen). They don't need dragons (fire) when they are already linked to powerful and ancient magic. And as much as I love Tyrion, I don't think he's a rider but he can influence through his usual cunning and intelligence any or all of the riders. He already had a good rapport with Jon back when he was at the Wall so he can come in handy again when riding time comes. And if Aegon indeed has Targaryen blood, he has the best chances to be a rider. I think that The Dance of the Dragons demonstrated that dragonseed is required to be a rider.

Regarding Jon, I think that the whole point of Melisandre being at the Wall is to do a Lord Beric to Jon and who knows, she might even realize that royal blood has been in front of her all the time.

:cheers: Regarding the Starks, I agree, I don't see how any of them would be able to control a dragon unless some sort of magic (dragon binding with the horn?) occurs, because as you said they are from the north and linked to old gods magic not the magic of old valyria. Jon if R+L=J is true, which it most likely is. Tyrion would only ride a dragon if he indeed is the son of joanna and aerys (which i personally don't buy into, but i find his appearance quite interesting). If Aegon is fake, then i don't know who could make up the 3rd head because there is a shortage of Targs!

I can see:

Dany riding Drogon - he is hers, no one else will ride him

Jon rides rhaegal- if rhaeger is his father, it represents his reveal

Aegon rides viserion- aegon has everything viserys should of had and everything dany wished viserys would be like.

Archived