[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

Here is an interview with Jack about tonight's episode.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/13/jack-gleeson-joffrey-death/

Heh. I loved this bit:

Many who follow entertainment in Hollywood will have a tough time wrapping their head around you–

Gleeson: Deal with it.

:D

I think some of Bran's visions were of the future, probably referring to Drogon flying above King's landing.

Yes. I also think the snow-covered throne room is less a symbolic representation of the destruction of the existing Westeros power structure or foreshadowing that Jon will sit the Iron Throne (SNOW on the THRONE, geddit?), and more an actual vision of something that will come to pass: winter will come to KL (well, we knew that) and the Red Keep will be destroyed.

Edited by Newstar

And Brienne missed another chance to pay her respects to Sansa! Grrrr. The change of timing sort of ruins Brienne's character.

That's a really good point. If they were going to mess with shit and have Brienne in KL early, there really should have been a scene with Brienne and Sansa re: Catelyn, how she served her mother, respected her, gives her condolences to Sansa. I mean we got the scene with Marg, and now another exchange. Would have taken all of a few minutes.

That's a really good point. If they were going to mess with shit and have Brienne in KL early, there really should have been a scene with Brienne and Sansa re: Catelyn, how she served her mother, respected her, gives her condolences to Sansa. I mean we got the scene with Marg, and now another exchange. Would have taken all of a few minutes.

Margaery already told her not to go around expressing her grief at the deaths of 'traitors', plus Cersei already has her marked for serving them so it wouldn't be the wisest move.

I agree with the Stannis comment. Didn't even get Alester's title right. No one to blame here but GRRm since he wrote the episode right? Small thing to complain about. The Bolton/Reek relationship was great.

The Stannis scenes were originally supposed to be in the first episode, so GRRM didn't write them, unfortunately

I think some of Bran's visions were of the future, probably referring to Drogon flying above King's landing.

I think that was a vision of Aegon's Balerion the black dread. Shadow the size of a 747. When I saw the trailer I was really wondering how they could have been so off on the size of the shadow, but now it makes sense. It's a vision of the biggest and oldest dragon Westeros has ever known.

Edited by Vegeta_Greyjoy

I don't really understand why Jaime would train with Bronn rather than Brienne.

The wedding was great though, and we went a whole episode without a brothel scene! Sure they worked in the contortionist with a close-up of her crotch for the dude-bros, but I'll still count it as progress.

I think that was a vision of Aegon's Balerion the black dread. Shadow the size of a 747.

Couldn't be, Sept of Baelor was in the scene, Balerion was dead by the time it was built.

Edit: Scrap that, can't see the sept in the promo shot of the dragon shadow so you could be right.

Edited by NightStark

I don't really understand why Jaime would train with Bronn rather than Brienne.

The wedding was great though, and we went a whole episode without a brothel scene! Sure they worked in the contortionist with a close-up of her crotch for the dude-bros, but I'll still count it as progress.

thats what im sayin'

anyway, back to my play by play

Shae!

you need to die

Edited by SnowOther

How Joffrey of him.

Hee. He's normally so polite in interviews. Maybe Joffrey rubbed off on him a little? :D

For those saying Selyse is too pretty...While she's more attractive than Book Selyse, TV Selyse still doesn't hold a candle to TV Melisandre, which seems to be the important comparison here. (Tara Fitzgerald is pretty enough, but Carice van Houten is a stunner.)

I'm pretty pressed at Selyse casually burning her brother with no mention of the kinslaying curse. That was the PERFECT opportunity to mention it!

Edited by Newstar

Myranda is the manifestation of every fangirl on tumblr who has venerated Iwan Rheon's comeliness and downplayed Ramsay's utter loathesomeness since the leak (it rhymes with Reek!) of his casting.

I hope she dies.

Also the tumblr fangirls.

Of every fandom.

Edited by JonCon's Red Beard