[Book & Show Spoilers] Season 4 is unsatisfying for me so far

jaimecersei

In my opinion, Sansa building the snow-Winterfell is one of the most overrated scenes in the entire series. It's not nearly as important as some people make it out to be. Okay, so she misses her home..... obviously. Not very groundbreaking. The snowcastle isn't even among the most important things in that scene, let alone in the series as a whole. Yeah, maybe it's a nice little emotional moment (not for me though), but seriously, it's not very important for the plot or character. Obviously Sansa misses her home, who wouldn't? I'm surprised the show even bothered including it at all.

Agreed.

In my opinion, Sansa building the snow-Winterfell is one of the most overrated scenes in the entire series. It's not nearly as important as some people make it out to be. Okay, so she misses her home..... obviously. Not very groundbreaking. The snowcastle isn't even among the most important things in that scene, let alone in the series as a whole. Yeah, maybe it's a nice little emotional moment (not for me though), but seriously, it's not very important for the plot or character. Obviously Sansa misses her home, who wouldn't? I'm surprised the show even bothered including it at all.

For once, I agree with you :)

Well, she was supposed to find strength in the walls of Winterfell, she told LF off while shoving a snowball into his face. They didn't show the bit with her shoving the giant's head on a spike, either. They pretty much cut all her defiance and also are not showing any of her inner resistance, she's making choices to counter the choices others are making for her. And it is possible to show these things on film...

It's a beautiful moment of serenity and feeling in this character who has had to keep her feelings locked up for so long. It encapsulates a lot of emotions and was a very well written scene with beautiful imagery. Also you got the feeling winter was finally coming so shit was getting serious.

Yes to the two previous posts.

A scene doesn't have to be an "OMG moment" or plot-advancing to be considered amazing and fare among the best. Sansa snowcastle scene is wonderfully written and emotionally breathtaking.

That being said, because of the very nature of both media, I knew the show version would never live up to my expectations; I'm just glad they've included it and I thought it was overall pretty well done.

For me it goes:

Season 4

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4 will me made or broken on if Tyrion kills Shae, which I am doubting because tysha hasn't been built up at all and I think Shae will be the whore who goes.

I truly hope I'm wrong and that it's just this website filling me with self entitled fan boy rage before I even see something.

For me it goes:

Season 4

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4 will me made or broken on if Tyrion kills Shae, which I am doubting because tysha hasn't been built up at all and I think Shae will be the whore who goes.

I truly hope I'm wrong and that it's just this website filling me with self entitled fan boy rage before I even see something.

Ah, passive-aggressiveness. Very mature :P

D&D hate the fans so they included it because fans hate... Oh... Well. Hmmm

I never really thought of that scene as anything amazing in the novels. I was surprised at it's fandom online.

Some people on this forum are incredibly self entitled and a lot of then genuinely believe D&D hate them or certain characters and are deliberately trying to piss the fandom off.

Not only is that utterly laughable, it's quite sad in a pathetic sort of way.

*sigh*

This thread is specifically for complaining about the show, no matter how "laughable" or "pathetic" the complaints are. You seem to be very annoyed at this fact, so maybe it would give you some measure of calm to just, I dunno... not go on this thread every week...?

(I'm not trying to be rude, just offering a helpful suggestion).

*sigh*

This thread is specifically for complaining about the show, no matter how "laughable" or "pathetic" the complaints are. You seem to be very annoyed at this fact, so maybe it would give you some measure of calm to just, I dunno... not go on this thread every week...?

(I'm not trying to be rude, just offering a helpful suggestion).

This isn't the nitpick with impunity thread tbf.

This isn't the nitpick with impunity thread tbf.

Oh shit, wrong thread. Oops, sorry. I often forget which is which, they all kind of blend into one huge pit of complaints and tantrums (many of which I somewhat agree with).

Very well, carry on :D

D&D hate the fans so they included it because fans hate... Oh... Well. Hmmm

I never really thought of that scene as anything amazing in the novels. I was surprised at it's fandom online.

Neither did I. My husband didn't even remember it at first, and he's read the books several times each.

Neither did I. My husband didn't even remember it at first, and he's read the books several times each.

I also only had a vague memory of that scene. Also, the only reason I remember the line "Only Cat" is because, for some reason, the fandom glorifies it to an extreme.

Id like to say, I was not a fan of TV sansa in seasons 1 to 3, but I was a fan of Arya. Since season 4 the tables have turned, im loving Sophie Turner.

Yes. I have seen this reaction a lot over on the unsullied threads on TWOP and PTV as well. They are loving Sansa's storyline this year and I have seen more than one of them comment that Sansa is the most interesting Stark on the show.

Archived