[Spoilers] Lady Stoneheart

Kaspiro

If they did indeed bring Cat back, it's unlikely that they would reveal that she was on set for filming. It's similar to how they didn't reveal Jason Mamoa was back for the House of the Undying scene in season two.

I am really torn on what the best way to reveal her would be. On the one hand I think the final scene of the season should be BwB with a mysterious hooded person hanging Freys, and the very final shot being LS dropping the hood for the massive reveal. Tywin dying is huge and that story can take a large part of either ep9 or 10, but the Stoneheart reveal is the bigger lasting impact for a viewer I think. Brienne's final scene of this season should be narrowly escaping Biter and Rorge, then early next season the noose with LS.

However, for that to be the final shot, the viewer would be left in limbo on how it is that LS came to be for like 9 months. There would need to be mention of or a scene involving Beric using his last revival up on 'someone' beforehand, but then that would lesser the impact of the reveal considerably because i'm sure it would get figured out by the viewers.

I'd say we need to hear about the Brotherhood hanging Freys sometimes this season. Brienne or Arya can even possibly hear that the Brotherhood got themselves a new leader, and who knows maybe a Lady Stoneheart namedrop.

Then last scene of the season: Frey about to be hanged, sees LS but we only sees her back, his eyes widen in horror/surprise and Thoros or Anguy casually explain, oh yeah, we found her in the river, Beric gave her the kiss of life, she can't speak, but she remembers, Frey hanged, LS drops the hood, big shock.

I can totally see that.

And I think it would be a mistake to have Brienne meet LS this season. Save that for the beginning of next season instead. I do believe we need to have faith in LS's vengeance and really root for her and expect great things before we realize she's wayyyy too vengeful and getting in the way of our other beloved characters.

I'd say we need to hear about the Brotherhood hanging Freys sometimes this season. Brienne or Arya can even possibly hear that the Brotherhood got themselves a new leader, and who knows maybe a Lady Stoneheart namedrop.

Then last scene of the season: Frey about to be hanged, sees LS but we only sees her back, his eyes widen in horror/surprise and Thoros or Anguy casually explain, oh yeah, we found her in the river, Beric gave her the kiss of life, she can't speak, but she remembers, Frey hanged, LS drops the hood, big shock.

I can totally see that.

And I think it would be a mistake to have Brienne meet LS this season. Save that for the beginning of next season instead. I do believe we need to have faith in LS's vengeance and really root for her and expect great things before we realize she's wayyyy too vengeful and getting in the way of our other beloved characters.

Yep. I do hope they show Nymeria fishing her out of the river this season though

Yep. I do hope they show Nymeria fishing her out of the river this season though

I was really hoping for that too, but I'm convinced that ship has sailed now.

We'll have to wait for the little blind girl to finally see Arya warg (hopefully!)

I can totally see that.

I agree with you, and I like your description of how the reveal could go down, but I'm starting to think more and more that it will be the Brienne hanging scene. We already know Brienne meets Biter and Rorge this season, and I think the rest of Brienne's journey is going to feel rather flat on television. So unless they want to include the QI stuff and hope that the audience finds it titillating (they won't), I don't see where else Brienne could end up.

Unless Biter/Rorge is her episode 10 moment (or 8, depending on if we see everyone in the finale), and she meets LS early next season. I guess that could work?

Either way, you can almost guarantee Brienne and/or Arya will her whisperings about LS.

I agree that Brienne's story will fall flat without the hanging scene, but I think it's alright considering there should be more than enough awesomeness around for this season. Save Brienne's big moments (hanging + going for Jaime) for next season. I say it works.

I don't think the Quiet Isle will be in this season either because: 1/ the casting doesn't suggest it and 2/ I don't expect the Hound and Arya to part before ep 8 and then the timeline just wouldn't fit very well.

I agree that Brienne's story will fall flat without the hanging scene, but I think it's alright considering there should be more than enough awesomeness around for this season. Save Brienne's big moments (hanging + going for Jaime) for next season. I say it works.

I don't think the Quiet Isle will be in this season either because: 1/ the casting doesn't suggest it and 2/ I don't expect the Hound and Arya to part before ep 8 and then the timeline just wouldn't fit very well.

I'm just assuming the QI will be cut all-together. I hope you're right about Brienne meeting LS next season though...I think it would work much better.

Hmm I don't really have an opinion on the Quiet Isle for next season yet...

I guess it is kind of flat in itself. Brienne's story doesn't really need it, but if it's cut, I believe it would be needed for her to learn about Arya and the Hound one way or another before she meets Lady Stoneheart. Makes for more drama.

However, it's possible that the Hound's story will need the Quiet Isle. We just don't know that yet. It may be simplified a lot, but I suppose we might get something roughly equivalent.

Like hands, ears stick out there and tend to get lost more than other body parts

You made me think of something, though. The Hound has to die, because his armor (and more importantly, his helmet) has to wash up on quiet isle for elder brother to bury the suit/lay the helmet out for them to take it and Hound 2.0 can be born.

Storywise, the Hound must lose, at least his armor and DEFINITELY his helmet, for that scene to happen. It's important that the Hound's name gets dragged through the mud, to furthermore bolster his redemptive repentant character arc.

I'm really hoping they cut UnCat entirely. I hated the resurrection in the book, and it would be worse on screen. Any surviving northman who hooked up with the Bw/oB would want to kill Freys. They don't need an undead leader for that. Uncat marked the Series' transformation from the rejection of tropes to the proliferation of chiches.

UnCat's reveal led to the idea that death was a suggestion. After that moment we get UnGregor, UnSandor, and Brienne surviving a hanging. Ironicly enough that hanging was a cliffhanger. Without UnCat, the show can reject that unnecessary cliffhanger.

I'm really hoping they cut UnCat entirely. I hated the resurrection in the book, and it would be worse on screen. Any surviving northman who hooked up with the Bw/oB would want to kill Freys. They don't need an undead leader for that. Uncat marked the Series' transformation from the rejection of tropes to the proliferation of chiches.

UnCat's reveal led to the idea that death was a suggestion. After that moment we get UnGregor, UnSandor, and Brienne surviving a hanging. Ironicly enough that hanging was a cliffhanger. Without UnCat, the show can reject that unnecessary cliffhanger.

Trolololol

No, youre completely wrong. Even as a book elitist, i can acknowledge that the red wedding hurt so many viewers, and that The Lady would make every single viewer that isnt a book reader go :O

It'll be the highest rated show to date.

i feel like GRRM put in LHS just to mess with people....i already have unsullied friends who are hoping for Ned or Rob stark resurrection based on Berric Dondarion and Arya's discussion...showing a resurrection as the cliffhanger of last ep would be enough to drive all of them crazy wondering how she's back and who else could possibly return...

would be fun for us to make them keep guessing possible resurrections ;)

i feel like GRRM put in LHS just to mess with people....i already have unsullied friends who are hoping for Ned or Rob stark resurrection based on Berric Dondarion and Arya's discussion...showing a resurrection as the cliffhanger of last ep would be enough to drive all of them crazy wondering how she's back and who else could possibly return...

would be fun for us to make them keep guessing possible resurrections ;)

WE are still guessing resurrections and faked deaths ourselves.

I think the reason GRRM resurrected Catelyn will eventually become clearer. It is like there is a "mission" that Thoros's group started, related to prophesies and also driven by them it is clear it has a life of its own and Thoros is not driving it. We will see life passed on in a chain, until it gets to the right person, who fulfills the required mission for that branch of the prophesy.

My hunch is that it is about the sword, at least in part. In particular, about making sure the sword passes through the required steps to become Lightbringer.

That is why Thoros was famous for his flaming sword, befriended Dondarion who had a stronger flaming sword. Now Oathkeeper is with them and Stoneheart leads the group, and Stoneheart requested the return of the Stark sword.

I'm not understanding how so many people are suggesting her first scene would be with Brienne. So basically season 5 they will go right into TWOW material for her? The last released Brienne chapter we have is of her meeting LS, so why would the show speed the timeline up so much for this character when most other storylines will be at the end of ASOS?

^^ very cool! i didn't think about that...though Thoros' flaming sword was just light coat of wildfire :( i remember the first time i read berric/hound fight i was convinced that Berric was Azor Ahai...then second reading i noticed the wildfire part...

still would be fascinating if Ice > Oathkeeper > Lightbringer! only question then is how to get it to Dany/Jon :dunno:

btw, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Robert Strong might not be UnGregor, but possible some frankenstein put together by Qyburn?

I'm not understanding how so many people are suggesting her first scene would be with Brienne. So basically season 5 they will go right into TWOW material for her? The last released Brienne chapter we have is of her meeting LS, so why would the show speed the timeline up so much for this character when most other storylines will be at the end of ASOS?

you are right her last POV was with LSH, but it was in AFfC...given the fact that they will not get to Dorne this season, this is only remaining part to show of hers...unless they buy more time by showing Ser Hugh and Randall Tarly and all of that travelling...then it is possible that they will push LSH to next season...but didnt they confirm that M Fairley shot one scene this season? It wouldnt make sense to show her with just BwB and no Brienne....

They'll almost certainly have the Brienne hanging to leave us with a cliffhanger. It's a pretty standard television thing to do. They let the audience think Davos and Sam died at the end of Season 2. They'll let the audience think Brienne dies at the end of Season 4. And they'll probably end Season 5 letting you believe Stannis and Jon are dead.

Lady Stoneheart isn't revealed until the end of book 3, so at the end of this season D & D will probably have Dondarion give her the gift, and his light.

Brie doesn't find/run into LS and her men until after she and Pod wander the Eastern lands. I foresee only two more scenes of Brie/Pod this season. The trial lasts forever in the book, and the whole time I was saying to myself 'Why not ask the Viper to be Tyrion's champion,' but GRRM wanted to make Tyrion more hateful with everyone testifying against him. "Where do whores go?"

Since the WW's got their scene already, and D&D like to end seasons with them, it will be a LS reveal of Cat's deformed face and gashed throat.

Cast? That's an odd question. She is Catelyn. They will use the same actress, plus some effects and makeup.

Yes, I shouldn't have used the word 'cast'. What I basically meant to say was 'has it been confirmed that Michelle Fairley will be returning this season?'.

Archived