Moody Murder Mysteries

Datepalm

Despite ending two years ago, Lewis is being brought back for another series. According to the publicity blurb,

Hathaway is an Inspector and Lewis is brought back from retirement to help out

. I think its back next year.

Finally finished my Morse watch-through while at my mum's. The first few eps are a bit rope but it really picks up later.

Foyle's War also returns next year I believe.

Watched Hinterland. God what a bleak show, especially the finale. The Superintendant is one creepy guy. Why's he always wearing his body armour in the police office? Does he have a particularly lethal stapler?

I'm no legal expert, but surely the lead detective banging the victim's mother within the taped-off crime scene where her murdered daughter was found is frowned upon, no? And props for the creepiest train set ever

Finished all the George Gentlys - oh, the joys of unemployment. The first few were a bit dry, but it picked up a lot in seasons 3-4. The mysteries themselves were better and the characters too. I think...Quirke now.

I really enjoyed Quirke.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched Hinterland. God what a bleak show, especially the finale. The Superintendant is one creepy guy. Why's he always wearing his body armour in the police office? Does he have a particularly lethal stapler?

A one-off special episode aired on 1 January 2015.Looking forward to watching this.

Trailer :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjONUbfBwyQ

• 7 months later...

Sunday, 13 September 2015, put it in your calendar now – Y Gwyll (Hinterland) is back :)

The second series of the ground-breaking, gripping crime drama, starring Richard Harrington as DCI Tom Mathias will be premiered in Welsh on S4C.

To be broadcast in the prime drama slot of 9.00 on Sunday nights on S4C, with English language subtitles available. Produced back-to-back in Welsh and English, bilingual versions will be broadcast on BBC Cymru Wales and BBC Four at later dates, yet to be announced.

A feature length Y Gwyll special broadcast on New Year’s Day on S4C has set the scene for the series, with DCI Mathias still very much in emotional turmoil as past demons still plague him.

With his wife Meg, played by the BAFTA winning Romanian actress Anamaria Marinca, appearing out of the blue, the intrigue grows and grows.The second series continues with four new cases over eight nail-biting 60 minute episodes.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anybody watching The Missing? Episode one was fantastic, and I'm watching episode two now. Super creepy relationship in the show though.

Is that the second season of the show last year starring Nesbitt and Karyo?

So I really enjoyed The Missing and Broadchurch. Anything like those out there?

I would suggest The Killing if you have Netflix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Tom Burke Set As Lead In BBC One’s ‘The Cormoran Strike Mysteries’

The BBC has found their Cormoran Strike.

After a lengthy casting process, Tom Burke (The Musketeers, War & Peace) has been cast as the titular character in BBC One’s The Cormoran Strike Mysteries, an adaptation of the Strike novels by JK Rowling (published under the pen name Robert Galbraith).

“I’m thrilled about the casting of Tom Burke, a massively talented actor who’ll bring the character to perfect life,” J. K. Rowling, said in a statement. “Cormoran Strike is pure joy to write and I can’t wait to see Tom play him.”

In addition to confirming casting, the BBC has now set a formal episode order for The Cormoran Strike Mysteries. Rather than being a traditional returner, it will instead consist of three event dramas which are adaptations of the existing novels The Cuckoo’s CallingThe Silkworm and Career Of EvilThe Cukoo’s Calling is being adapted as a three-part drama, while the other two novels will be two-parters.

I really loved Case Histories, Grantchester, Endeavor, Inspector Lewis...pretty much anything on Masterpiece Mystery!  I also loved The Killing, The Fall, True Detective season I and Top of the Lake.   My favorite recent watch was Longmire.  It's about a small-town sheriff and is set in Wyoming.  I really enjoyed it.

7 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Are those Rowling mysteries any good?

The first one was a bit slow for me, but the other two were fantastic.  

7 minutes ago, Elder Sister said:

I really loved Case Histories, Grantchester, Endeavor, Inspector Lewis...pretty much anything on Masterpiece Mystery!  I also loved The Killing, The Fall, True Detective season I and Top of the Lake.   My favorite recent watch was Longmire.  It's about a small-town sheriff and is set in Wyoming.  I really enjoyed it.

The first one was a bit slow for me, but the other two were fantastic.  

The new season begins at the end of September! I can't wait!

8 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Are those Rowling mysteries any good?

I liked the two main characters a lot in them and the mystery elements of the plot work fairly well (although I think they're sometimes a bit too reliant on epic amounts of red herrings).

I'm not sure Tom Burke is necessarily how I'd picture Strike (he's not that short but I think Strike is meant to be taller), but he should do a decent job.

• 3 months later...

Archived