Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP405 Discussion

It ends in fire!

A fine episode.

Bryan Cogman-written trial episode next week, GET HYPE.

In other news, Sansa's STILL wearing her wedding ring? The fuck?

she also explained that tyrion didn't want the marriage any more than she did. also, did you see her expression upon hearing about her marrying robin? nice!

Oh my god. I can't believe how much I loved that episode. It kicked ass in so, so many ways.

The funniest thing happened! My sister and I were watching together. Then, as soon as the scene cuts to Pod with that burning rabbit, the fire alarm goes off in my house. No joke, I am serious. It turns out my dad set it off by accident. Anyways, I could not stop laughing. It's like Pod set off my fire alarm. Pure gold. :lol:

Now onto more serious stuff. That Craster stuff. Worst storyline ever. I wish to God that Bran was never tied into that. D&D wrote Meera into an absolutely useless character. Ugh. That was terrible. Like, come on. No more character assassination please. Gosh I will be angry forever :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Edited by Obebb

My favorite part of the episode was finally seeing Arya doing something impressive with the sword. It's about time we started to see a taste of her skill. Up to this point, she's been entirely too awkward. Up until tonight, she needed to be further along.

Looks like Lysa is giving birth to Petyr instead of sexing him...

Seriously. How can one get that much from Little Finger? :pun probably intended:

Cersei's really working the judges, ugh. Lysa was amazing, and Sansa - the Eyrie ending is going to be incredible. Love to see the NW fight, love Jon as a badass, LOVE THAT GHOST IS BACK

Worst episode of the season. And not just because of my first huge disappointment with the early Jon Arryn reveal. It was just overall bad.

As expected, next week looks infinitely better.

This. Not impressed at all this week, but looking forward to some good stuff next time.

Did Bloodraven warg into Ghost? The ravens cawing right before Ghost mauled Rast made me think so.

I thought he was going to meet a Other, because of the last two times we've seen them they've been preceded by crows

Agreed! Her reveal was the focus...that and "the iron banks is like a temple"...best line of the episode

Yeah, plus I loved Robert in this episode. Dude was talking about his father and sansa's family all being murdered like it ain't no thing. And then he tosses LF's present out the moon door.

So, Jojen knows how the books are going to end?

OR HE IS ALSO A SECRET TARGARYEN???!?!?!?!

I think Bran just invented mortal kombat video games.

:lol:

Sorry, but your Raphael Ninja Turtle knives can't match SNOW.

Well Snow got his ass handed to him tbh

Seriously. How can one get that much from Little Finger? :pun probably intended:

Who's to say his, er, little finger had anything to do with it?

The problem with Lysa's cray being fully on display in this episode is that it will come as a shock to precisely no one when she tries to kill Sansa a few episodes down the road.

A nice detail I liked, sort of retroactively: when Brienne and Pod rode off in 4x04, you could see Brienne riding well and Pod weaving all over the place, to the point where I wondered "Why is Pod riding so badly? It's so distracting." That tied in nicely with Pod's terrible riding in this episode.

Edited by Newstar

I really am wondering how Benioff and Weiss are going to keep Bran's storyline viable for the next fifteen episodes. Their invented material has been pitiful thus far.