Episode 6 Preview

It's a shame we won't get the Asha Theon reunion from the book now, but I suppose it wouldn't be quite as impactful since Theon is at least recognizable in the show. As others have said I'm really hoping Yara escapes, but I hope we get to see her kick some ass first.

I'm pretty sure that's the only reason we have this assault on the Dreadfort. So that we can se that Asha is badass to make sure that people root for her at the kingsmoot.

Too bad he probably won't be in episode six. Or in the show at all until "the Children". But McElhatton said that he says something that makes the audience pity Ramsay, so I'm guessing "rue the day". Now that'll ruffle some feathers (you know, the ones that have been ruffled in the last few weeks).

There are really only two plausible options I see with yaras fate. She is either captured or she escapes. It is about 50/50. Killing her off seems like a huge waste of character. though I could say the same about Locke. But i do not think she will die. it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Yea but at least Locke wasn't in the books and the character he is loosely portraying, Vargo, is killed. Asha is very much alive so killing her off would be much worse than Locke.

Yea but at least Locke wasn't in the books and the character he is loosely portraying, Vargo, is killed. Asha is very much alive so killing her off would be much worse than Locke.

The most obvious/straightforward answer for this is that it depends how much of a role Asha (and the whole Iron Islands subplot in general) plays as the story moves forward. If the Iron islands doesn't end up playing as much of a role in the long-term as say, Dorne, then I can very easily see Yara being whacked by Ramsay during the assault. We've already been told last episode that Vic's essentially useless to the long-term now that Dany already has enough ships. That's one Greyjoy down.

But so yeah......Episode 6, IMO, looks like it'll be one of the most important episodes of the show for us Sullied fans as it'll largely determine the future of that particular book angle.

The most obvious/straightforward answer for this is that it depends how much of a role Asha (and the whole Iron Islands subplot in general) plays as the story moves forward. If the Iron islands doesn't end up playing as much of a role in the long-term as say, Dorne, then I can very easily see Yara being whacked by Ramsay. We've already been told last episode that Vic's essentially useless to the long-term now that Dany already has enough ships, so that's one down.

But so yeah......Episode 6, IMO, looks like it'll be one of the most important episodes of the show for us Sullied fans as it'll largely determine the future of that particular book angle.

SPOILERS BELOW

Hey now to be fair, Dany is going to be sitting in Mereen for another season-- I wouldn't count on those ships Daario mentioned in passing to necessitate eliminating a character like Vic.

The most obvious/straightforward answer for this is that it depends how much of a role Asha (and the whole Iron Islands subplot in general) plays as the story moves forward. If the Iron islands doesn't end up playing as much of a role in the long-term as say, Dorne, then I can very easily see Yara being whacked by Ramsay during the assault. We've already been told last episode that Vic's essentially useless to the long-term now that Dany already has enough ships. That's one Greyjoy down.

SPOILERS BELOW

Hey now to be fair, Dany is going to be sitting in Mereen for another season-- I wouldn't count on those ships Daario mentioned in passing to necessitate eliminating a character like Vic.

The whole ships thing kinda ticked me off. I was just sitting there going "...wait...wtf no". I didn't know whether to officially take that as the Greyjoy's are useless, the ships will eventually burn before Dany can use them, or Dany is never freaking going to Westeros. Idk man

So I guess this'll have most of Tyrion's trial, except for Oberyn's decision to be his champion? I really wonder how they can play out Shae as witness (and episode 10 for that matter). They had to know they were going to give themselves a lot of headache with the way they changed her character.

Changed or not, Shae was going to give them headaches anyway. The book doesn't give any explanation at all about her actions. The reveal that she slept with Tywin felt to me completely out of character - for both of them.

Am I the only one who is concerned about the amount of feel good moments coming up?

ASOIAF is about realism, the good guys dont always win, but apart from oberyn, who is gonna do this season to counterbalance all the huge evil deaths?

Are you kidding?! First of all, there is no such thing as "good guys" and "bad guys", but even if there was: are Ygritte and Shae "bad guys"? Will you be happy to see the Hound "die"? And not seeing anymore the most badass character of them all - Tywin - will be a very sad thing. No, my friend, this is a very sad season indeed.

Hopefully Mace Tyrell gets some form of character development.

Aside from his minor presence presenting his gift to Joffrey, he has been too much of a background character.

I'm surprised he's had no Tyrell scenes with Oleanna or Margaery.

Hopefully Mace Tyrell isn't given any screen time at all. He has the charisma of a flower pot.

I'm getting bad vibes about Yara's fate.

I can envisage her being "broken" Bolton style and made to be fArya.

Like at as been said by others countless times: Nonsense.

Mannisman, on 05 May 2014 - 3:08 PM, said:

On whether the fArya plot will be included, I always thought that Melisandre's "We'll meet again" to Arya in season 3 was a foreshadowing to the fArya plot and Alys Karstark. Melisandre misinterpreted that she would see Arya again just as she misinterpreted her vision as Arya.

that totally blew my mind, but then i realized that i dont think she knew who arya was last season. i think they will actually end up meeting, which is cool.

iago, on 05 May 2014 - 3:19 PM, said:

Do we think the whole trial will be in this episode, or will it be stretched over this week and episode 7? We know Tyrion has his chat with Oberyn in episode 7, but I'm wondering if we'll see the follow up scene in the court when Oberyn offers to stand for him in front of everybody, or if the trial will already be over by then

i hope its all next week, but what would happen in ep 7? just oberyn offering to be tyrions champion would seem weird like, is there a break in the trial or something. i think it will be oberyn, then shae. that will be the end of tyrion in ep 7

Am I the only one who is concerned about the amount of feel good moments coming up?

ASOIAF is about realism, the good guys dont always win, but apart from oberyn, who is gonna do this season to counterbalance all the huge evil deaths?

I wouldn't say it's feel-good. When I finished A Storm of Swords I didn't feel like it was uplifting or happy. It felt very bittersweet and exhausting. Hopefully that translates to the screen.

But that's mostly because ASOS is just one book, by the time we get to the "uplifting" part, the Red Wedding is still fresh in our minds, the second half of ASOS is mostly "happy" because it needed to balanced the sh**storm that preceed it.

Anyways, answering what sad momments are next this season: Sandor's death, Danny locking the dragons and banishing Jorah, Oberyn's death. Tyrion and Jaime departing in bd terms, and LF getting control of the Vale (though some may think Lysa's flying lessons was a good thing :P)

i hope its all next week, but what would happen in ep 7? just oberyn offering to be tyrions champion would seem weird like, is there a break in the trial or something. i think it will be oberyn, then shae. that will be the end of tyrion in ep 7

I'm quite sure episode 7 for KL will consist on delcaring trial by combat, Cersei annoucing the Mountain. Bronn and Tyrion in cell. Oberyn and Tyrion in cell.

Archived