Episode 6 Preview

You're missing something hugely important in the books.The Northern lords are not fooled by fArya,most or all of them know she's fake.It's a mummer's farce and the lords play along through fear.It seals Ramsay as Lord of Winterfell,something which Roose knows the importance of,if not Ramsay.

If it's a farce that no one really believes (which I more or less agree is the case in the books), then all the more reason to jettison the plot. The Bolton's still have the backing of the Crown, they still have the force to rule by fear, they can dictate what the bannermen have to do because none of them have the ability or willingness to challenge them. You don't need a wedding to legitimize Ramsay, the Crown can do whatever they want. Roose has already been gifted Winterfell by Tywin (as was revealed in the S3 finale) so it's a done deal.

I think the show is going to leave out the fake Arya bit. My guess is Yara gets captured trying to free Theon. Ramsey remembers how disappointed his father was over what he did to Theon so he presents Yara to his father unharmed as a valuable hostage. Next season both Theon and Yara escape to join Stannis.

What I'm especially glad for is that this episode will more or less prove or disprove this theory fairly definitively and I'll be able to know where that storyline is going. I can see them going in multiple directions so this is in no way anymore than a working theory at this point but I'm glad the long wait will finally be over by this time next week.

In whatever divergence the Yara plot goes, there's nothing logical about her being posed as Arya Stark in order to fool Northmen into supporting the Boltons. It's far more likely that if she's involved with Ramsay and Theon, post this episode, that she'll be Yara, only captured, and play the part of the girl Theon needs to save from Ramsay to get out of Winterfell.

In all likelihood, there is no FArya on the show. They will come up with another reason (as they often do) to get everyone to Winterfell and they'll go from there. And feel free to insert the many, many reasons why a Fake Arya just HAS to be present on the show. I've heard them all before and you can write around all of them if you want to.

I definitely don't think Yara will take the role of Jeyne Pool either, but I will say that jettisoning the plot entirely does have some serious butterfly effect ramifications. Simply dismissing them offhandedly, while assuming the showrunners will come up with a more reasonable explanation for why the characters end up at Winterfell, (cause all of their other deviations and filler have turned out just great, lol), is rather silly. It's an important piece of character development for Melisandre and Jon, Stannis and Jon, and a bit of a partial redemption arc for Theon. They'll have to give Mance a new reason for going to Winterfell, if he ends up still going at all depending on what they choose to do with the character. I could honestly see them just having Mance burn to death and ending his arc there. I will grant you that Theon and Yara escaping together sounds like a reasonable way of re-imagining the story though, especially since casting a new actress for a role that is relatively small in the books, despite being an important plot-device, goes against most of the major decisions the showrunners have made thus far.

It's a shame we won't get the Asha Theon reunion from the book now, but I suppose it wouldn't be quite as impactful since Theon is at least recognizable in the show. As others have said I'm really hoping Yara escapes, but I hope we get to see her kick some ass first.

We could get a similar version. Something along the lines of Asha vhecking the cells for Theon, looks.in his cell, moves on, something something, Theon speaks up, "sister".

However, I will miss the whole Reek Reek it rhymes with Freak thing.

Just had a thought on the Dreadfort.

Supposing Yara gets to Theon then she gets overwhelmed by Boltons on her way out.

Cornered and alone, Theon pushes Yara out of a window to safety.

Ramsey recaptures Theon and is SUPER mad at him for "betraying" him and allowing Yara to flee

I'm SO looking forward to the Dreadfort scene.

What would've been the point of Yara's journey/attack if that happened then? I mean I'm not doubting you because of the pointlessness of the whole Crasters subplot this season, but...

We could get a similar version. Something along the lines of Asha vhecking the cells for Theon, looks.in his cell, moves on, something something, Theon speaks up, "sister".

However, I will miss the whole Reek Reek it rhymes with Freak thing.

That's true I would appreciate any little nod to that scene. Yea I just loved how after he refers to himself as Reek throughout all of ADWD he finally calls himself Theon again during their reunion. "My name is Theon. You have to know your name." That shit hit me hard on the first read.

That's true I would appreciate any little nod to that scene. Yea I just loved how after he refers to himself as Reek throughout all of ADWD he finally calls himself Theon again during their reunion. "My name is Theon. You have to know your name." That shit hit me hard on the first read.

:crying: Yeah, I was kind of looking forward to seeing that. But nevermind, I can deal with it :p

:crying: Yeah, I was kind of looking forward to seeing that. But nevermind, I can deal with it :P

Yea I agree. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how the Dreadfort plays out. It'd be nice to see Yara kick some ass before she fails to rescue Theon. She was super BA in the chapter where Stannis retakes Deepwood Motte. Hoping that scene is also in the show.

I never understood this sentiment. Shae was shown to be petty, brash, and overemotional from the get-go. Sure, she loved Tyrion but that doesn't automatically erase all a person's negative characteristics. What's so unrealistic about a scorned lover (a petty, brash, and overemotional one at that) becoming vengeful.

Agreed. I think Shae's betrayal will be perfectly explainable. As for why she'll end up doing all the other things she does in the books: when the richest man in Westeros and grandfather of the king threatens to put your head on a spike, you'll do a great many stupid things...

I'm wondering one thing though: when are we getting the bloody gift of mercy? It's getting really late.

My guess would be ep. 4.08. It would tie in with Gregor's death, while still giving Arya enough time to get to the ship in ep. 4.10.

I think the show is going to leave out the fake Arya bit. My guess is Yara gets captured trying to free Theon. Ramsey remembers how disappointed his father was over what he did to Theon so he presents Yara to his father unharmed as a valuable hostage. Next season both Theon and Yara escape to join Stannis.

Hm... that's actually a really good theory.

I like that idea mate :agree:

My guess would be ep. 4.08. It would tie in with Gregor's death, while still giving Arya enough time to get to the ship in ep. 4.10.

Episode 8 is probably going to have to handle the Hound's "death" already, so the gift bit would be even more material for one episode (though I guess it would be a fitting bookend to open that episode's Arya plot with that bit and then close with Arya refusing the same to the Hound).

im down with this

What I'm especially glad for is that this episode will more or less prove or disprove this theory fairly definitively and I'll be able to know where that storyline is going. I can see them going in multiple directions so this is in no way anymore than a working theory at this point but I'm glad the long wait will finally be over by this time next week.

I agree. Whatever happens at the Dreadfort this episode will definitly allow us to see more clearly where this story line is going. I still hope it stays close to the books, but I dont mind good changes, so I am very excited about everything Dreadfort next episode !

Archived