Episode 6 Preview

Interested to see how that plays out in anyway that makes sense and interested to see where Asha ends up. I also think it's odd Balon let his last chance for an heir run off on such a dangerous mission with such a little amount of men. The whole situation is odd.

Well, a brother counts as an heir, and Balon apparently has three. So it's not exactly his last chance

Given the way the scene played out, I don't think Balon "let" Yara do anything. Balon was quite content to leave Theon to his fate, whereas Yara was not. What was he going to do? Throw his heir and only living child (as far as he is concerned) in chains? I mean, he could have, but it seems to me that Yara had made her mind up, and nothing was going to stop her from attempting to rescue Theon.

In terms of the strategy... Well, you don't send an entire battalion on an extraction mission - you send a small force of highly skilled soldiers.

He could have easily had her confined to the castle, time out style, for awhile if he wanted to, especially if it was in their best interests to keep his heir alive.

He could have sent a rescue party and some other ironborn great warrior, like his brother, to rescue Theon so that Asha wouldn't go.

Finally since the Ironborn are battling for the north anyway and have a decent amount of troops there they could have easily decided to try and take the Dreadfort with a large force instead of sending in a rescue team.

Well, a brother counts as an heir, and Balon apparently has three. So it's not exactly his last chance

Balons sons are all dead besides Theon who is in enemy hands and Asha is his only daughter and intended heir. When talking about brothers as heirs while this is technically true it's not something any of the lords seem to favor once they have their own children that's their "family and heirs". For example look at the Lannisters, Tywin thinks of Jaime as his heir and only hope for an heir and won't consider Tyrion, but he fails to even think of naming his loyal brother Kevan as heir.

He could have easily had her confined to the castle, time out style, for awhile if he wanted to, especially if it was in their best interests to keep his heir alive.

He could have sent a rescue party and some other ironborn great warrior, like his brother, to rescue Theon so that Asha wouldn't go.

Finally since the Ironborn are battling for the north anyway and have a decent amount of troops there they could have easily decided to try and take the Dreadfort with a large force instead of sending in a rescue team.

He could have, but he didn't. I think it's made clear in the show that Balon - in his own way - has a great deal of respect for Yara. There's no doubt that it is in his best interest to keep her alive, but what about her interests? Namely, rescuing her brother? Yara made the decision to go and rescue Theon herself, as I'm sure most siblings would do in that scenario, if it were at all possible. Balon obviously doesn't have the same respect or love for Theon; something he made abundantly clear in his scene in the season three finale.

And yes, the decision could have been made to send a large force to take the Dreadfort, but not if you're trying to ensure the survival of a hostage that - given what had been done to Theon already - the Bolton's don't seem all too concerned about. And again, I'm not sure Balon would have been willing to entertain that approach, either, since he seemed more than willing to leave Theon to his fate.

As I said: Balon didn't "let" Yara do anything. It's not as if she is some commoner among the Iron Born - she's one of the most respected leaders in their entire army, and potentially the future leader of the Iron Islands. Yara made the decision to go and rescue her little brother, and that's exactly what she plans to do.

Here's how I want the episode to end:

The Mountain walks into the throne room when Cersei names him as her champion.

Oberyn sees Clegane, slowly stands up, nodding, and the episode ends.

Ehh... it looks better in my head than when I read my post.

Okay, here trying something : trying to guess the architecture of the upcoming episode :

- Opening on Slaver's Bay. Hazzeah and Drogon.

- Daenerys holding court (meeting Hizdar) and then the farmer. Ending Meereen on a shot of Dany's anxious face.

- Small Council at KL.

- Tywin / Jaime scene after the SC.

- Varys / Oberyn scene in the Throne Room.

- Stannis setting sail from Dragonstone, discussing with Davos about their plans.

- Yara sailing through the woods, planning the attack.

- Something at the Dreadfort.

- Big scene number 1 : Braavos.

- Big scene number 2 : Attack on the Dreadfort.

- Big scene number 3 (episode finale) : Trial.

By the way, I don't know where to post this (I tried submitting a thread some time ago, but it got deleted), so I'm really sorry if this is inappropriate (please forgive me :bawl: ), but what do you guys think will happen in Mockingbird? We haven't really seen much from it.

We know it cannot be the Moon Door, since we know that Alex Graves filmed a shot with Lysa and Sansa. So what will be the big moment there?

I think it will include these things:

- Jon's triumphant return to Castle Black

- The Mountain cutting up those people

- Tyrion + Bronn

- Tyrion + Oberyn

- Probably the Brienne biting the ear off scene (could be episode 8 too though, but probably in this one)

- Dany and Daario's scene

- Something with Sansa/Littlefinger and the Vale (I'm truly stumped on what it can be- seems pretty important)

What else do you expect to see this episode? How good do you expect it to be?

By the way, I don't know where to post this (I tried submitting a thread some time ago, but it got deleted), so I'm really sorry if this is inappropriate (please forgive me :bawl: ), but what do you guys think will happen in Mockingbird? We haven't really seen much from it.

We know it cannot be the Moon Door, since we know that Alex Graves filmed a shot with Lysa and Sansa. So what will be the big moment there?

I think it will include these things:

- Jon's triumphant return to Castle Black

- The Mountain cutting up those people

- Tyrion + Bronn

- Tyrion + Oberyn

- Probably the Brienne biting the ear off scene (could be episode 8 too though, but probably in this one)

- Dany and Daario's scene

- Something with Sansa/Littlefinger and the Vale (I'm truly stumped on what it can be- seems pretty important)

What else do you expect to see this episode? How good do you expect it to be?

Really? Could you send me a link? They could however have moved the scene into episode 7. If not I guess we could have Balon's death in episode 7 because you know Euron Crow's (bird) Eye is a character fond of mockery.

That's a good list, Frey Pies. I'd add in Theon/Yara/Ramsay storyline as well. Looks like it could be a weak episode, which is fine I guess. I feel like there's only been 1 so far (First of His Name). There's usually 2 per season.

Really? Last year the we had at least 3 IMO and even more than that in season 2.

lol at thinking First of His Name was a weak ep.

Well it's just an opinion. I had a few cripes with like the way they handled the Jon Arryn reveal and how they killed Locke like it was nothing. Still for me it was the weakest of the 5 so far, which isn't to say that it was ironically weak.

Edit. However calling Game of Thrones episodes like this weak is usually because you're more used to the GoT quality.

This episode really needs to be Lion and the Rose lite and spend like 15 minutes straight on the trial.

I agree, or even longer. I want to see some epic Inherit the Wind style speeches, the entire sequence should be unbroken for the final 20 minutes of the episode. I'm so excited for ti.

Yeah the longer the better.

But there seem to be some other big stories in the episode like Stannis in Braavos and the Dreadfort. Plus all the KL scenes we see in the preview before the trial even starts. I hope there's enough time left over for a 15-20 minute trial

I'd bet on some tense staredown between Tyrion and Tywin. I don't think trial by combat's Mountain involvement will be mentioned yet, they'll save this for next ep with Oberyn's I can be your champion probably being the ending there.

Yea I'm really hoping the ending to episode 7 is Oberyn revealing this to Tyrion. I don't want it to be common knowledge beforehand. It's more dramatic when Oberyn tells Tyrion. Plus it perfectly sets up the next episode where the duel occurs.

Archived